Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead! Chucky!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 pm I Hope we are going to see your rendition of Jason in 2455, especially after the nanotech rebuilds him! :P
Haha, is he not the same build? I never saw Jason X (aka one or Roger Ebert's most-hated movies).
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 am Now, with all of that said:

Resume the Terrordrome.

Or are we trying to get . . . . Beyond Terrordrome?
I hate you. HATE.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Leatherface! M.Myers! Pumpkinhead! Chucky! Jason Voorhees!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

ya know....the Chucky WCW thing...wow if the Steiners ever go into the Hall of Fame, I really hope Chucky shows up on screen and berates Rick again.

I was very pleased with myself for figuring out the Chucky thing before he actually appeared.

For weeks on every show WCW did, they always that insane laugh coming from the rafters. Everyone thought it would be some new wrestler but I was like "No, that's the Chucky laugh. They're probably cross promoting because Bride of Chucky is coming out."

"No. that's stupid. you're stupid."

and it came to pass
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Goldar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 pm I Hope we are going to see your rendition of Jason in 2455, especially after the nanotech rebuilds him! :P
i shoulda done that one
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:54 pm
Haha, is he not the same build? I never saw Jason X (aka one or Roger Ebert's most-hated movies).
Short answer: nope. Slightly longer: Original flavor undead Jason meets his end during that movie, but his nano-augmented version is much more powerful. If you're giving the former PL 9, I'd say that we're in the PL10 level for Jason X, considering that he's shown in some versions as being able to survive atmospheric re-entry.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'd say alot stronger. and more durable.

bullets bounced off him, he may have survived reentry and he was tearing through ship hull and one shooting an android that kicked his ass
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

heh. a pl 10 for Jason X
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

heh. Michael Myers there reminds me of the epic "The Bride vs Michael Myers" debate on HC years ago.

70 plus pages of Quanchi trolling about how Michael would beat her. He must have read that "No YOU move" Cap quote.

also he insisted Ares agreed with him, just that his math was slightly off
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 pm
Ares wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 am Now, with all of that said:

Resume the Terrordrome.

Or are we trying to get . . . . Beyond Terrordrome?
I hate you. HATE.
:mrgreen:
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 pm heh. Michael Myers there reminds me of the epic "The Bride vs Michael Myers" debate on HC years ago.

70 plus pages of Quanchi trolling about how Michael would beat her. He must have read that "No YOU move" Cap quote.

also he insisted Ares agreed with him, just that his math was slightly off
Jeez, I'm getting "A paper universe" flashbacks. It's amazing how much I use to enjoy going there and the contrast of how much I don't miss the place at all these days.

Though I've got to admit, I am thinking of trying to bring the whole Writing Tourney thing here.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Maniac Cop

Post by Jabroniville »

MANIAC COP (Officer Matt Cordell)- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Meta-Killer, Regular Guy
Movie Series: Maniac Cop
PL 9 (112)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Close Combat (Nightstick) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Police Officer) 10 (+10)
Intimidation 10 (+8)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Nightstick +1, Taser- Blast 4- Reduced Defenses -2)

Murderous Fighting Style: 
Accurate Attack (Weak), Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort (Unleashed), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Power), Startle, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Grab Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, +2 to Hit Foes Who Parried Last Turn) (4) -- [5]
  • AE: "Charge/Big Swing" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
Features 1: Adds Weapon-Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Undead Cop"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Nightstick +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Motviation (To Protect and Sever)- Cordell will kill anyone in his path including innocent bystanders....but he really brutalizes those he views as criminals. Even the most minor of offense will set him off with deadly force.
Motivation (Grant me one thing...REVENGE!)- Cordell really really really wants revenge on those who murdered him though. And he gets it.
Normal Identity (One Last Spark)- It's possible, however unlikely, that you could awaken the part of Cordell that is still good inside. He's worked with others (like a former lover) before. And when the case of his death was reopened by the warden at Sing Sing, Cordell stood down. Though you can't really control him.
Weakness (Predictability)- These guys cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 2 + 10 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 16 (112)

MANIAC COP (Officer Matt Cordell)- Movie Version
Role:
Meta-Killer, Regular Guy
Movie Series: Maniac Cop
PL 8 (94)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Close Combat (Nightstick) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Police Officer) 10 (+10)
Intimidation 10 (+8)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 2 (Nightstick +1, Taser, Gun +4), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Nightstick), Startle

Powers:
"Undead Cop"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Nightstick +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Motviation (To Protect and Sever)- Cordell will kill anyone in his path including innocent bystanders....but he really brutalizes those he views as criminals. Even the most minor of offense will set him off with deadly force.
Motivation (Grant me one thing...REVENGE!)- Cordell really really really wants revenge on those who murdered him though. And he gets it.
Normal Identity (One Last Spark)- It's possible, however unlikely, that you could awaken the part of Cordell that is still good inside. He's worked with others (like a former lover) before. And when the case of his death was reopened by the warden at Sing Sing, Cordell stood down. Though you can't really control him.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 14 (94)

HalloweenJack's Notes:
-Maniac Cop is....not great. You'd think an 80s horror movie starring Bruce Campbell would be...but it's not. The sequel is actually better than the original. And the less said about the third and final entry the better.

-Cordell, played by Robert Z'Dar (oh Z'no!) was a hero cop in New York City some years back, but was accused of excessive force and sent away to Sing Sing prison (it's no coincidence that he was also onto some corruption in the city government). There Cordell was savagely attacked in the shower and was killed. Sort of. The coroner seemed to think there was some life in the old boy yet, but the officer was dead and buried.

-Until he sort of reanimated on his own (at least to the best of my memory). Afterwards Cordell would walk the beat in the city brutally murdering anyone he came across.

-Cordell sort of stats up like living Jason Voorhees with the constitution of undead Jason. He's very strong and can take a load of punishment. The difference is that he doesn't regenerate like Jason. Any damage done to him remains. Oh his body will keep going, but he just won't repair any damage. Likewise he seems to still have his human intelligence and can do things like drive or operate firearms. It's just that his conscience isn't quite there.

Jab's Notes: Yeah, I've literally never heard of this, ever. I think this must be a really obscure name to add- the game's developer was probably looking for a couple of unique additions, and chose this guy. He's more or less similar to Jason and the other Big Slow Killer-types, but he has a Taser (his "Summon", though it functions like a regular Stunning Affliction).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Rogert Ebert's review of Jason X
Print Page

This sucks on so many levels. -- dialogue from "Jason X"

Rare for a movie to so frankly describe itself. "Jason X" sucks on the levels of storytelling, character development, suspense, special effects, originality, punctuation, neatness and aptness of thought. Only its title works. And I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the name "Jason X" is Copyrighted (c)2002, World Wrestling Federation, and that Jason's real name is Dwayne Johnson. No, wait, that was last week's movie.

"Jason X" is technically "Friday the 13th, Part 10." It takes place centuries in the future, when Earth is a wasteland and a spaceship from Earth II has returned to the Camp Crystal Lake Research Facility and discovered two cryogenically frozen bodies, one of them holding a machete and wearing a hockey mask.

The other body belongs to Rowan (Lexa Doig), a researcher who is thawed out and told it is now the year 2455: "That's 455 years in the future!" Assuming that the opening scenes take place now, you do the math and come up with 453 years in the future. The missing two years are easily explained: I learn from the Classic Horror Reviews Web site that the movie was originally scheduled to be released on Halloween 2000, and was then bumped to March 2001, summer 2001 and Halloween 2001 before finally opening on the 16th anniversary of Chernobyl, another famous meltdown.

The movie is a low-rent retread of the "Alien" pictures, with a monster attacking a spaceship crew; one of the characters, Dallas, is even named in homage to the earlier series. The movie's premise: Jason, who has a "unique ability to regenerate lost and damaged tissue," comes back to life and goes on a rampage, killing the ship's plentiful supply of sex-crazed students and staff members. Once you know that the ship contains many dark corners and that the crew members wander off alone as stupidly as the campers as Camp Crystal Lake did summer after summer, you know as much about the plot as the writers do.

With "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" opening in mid-May, there's been a lot of talk lately about how good computer-generated special effects have become. On the basis of the effects in "Jason X" and the (much more entertaining) "Scorpion King," we could also chat about how bad they are getting. Perhaps audiences do not require realistic illusions, but simply the illusion of realistic illusions. Shabby special effects can have their own charm.

Consider a scene where the space ship is about to dock with Solaris, a gigantic mother ship, or a city in space, or whatever. Various controls go haywire because Jason has thrown people through them, and the ship fails to find its landing slot and instead crashes into Solaris, slicing off the top of a geodesic dome and crunching the sides of skyscrapers (why Solaris has a city-style skyline in outer space I do not presume to ask). This sequence is hilariously unconvincing. But never mind. Consider this optimistic dialogue by Professor Lowe (Jonathan Potts), the greedy top scientist who wants to cash in on Jason: "Everyone OK? We just over-shot it. We'll turn around." Uh, huh. We're waiting for the reaction from Solaris Air Traffic Control, when a dull thud echoes through the ship, and the characters realize Solaris has just exploded. Fine, but how could they hear it? Students of "Alien" will know that in space, no one can hear you blow up.
The characters follow the usual rules from Camp Crystal Lake, which require the crew members to split up, go down dark corridors by themselves, and call out each other's names with the sickening certainty that they will not reply. Characters are skewered on giant screws, cut in half, punctured by swords, get their heads torn off, and worse. A veteran pilot remains calm: "You weren't alive during the Microsoft conflict. We were beating each other with our own severed limbs." There is one good effects shot, in which a scientist's face is held in super-cooled liquid until it freezes and then smashed into smithereens against a wall. There is also an interesting transformation, as the on-board regenerator restores Jason and even supplies him with superhero armor and a new face to replace his hockey mask and ratty Army surplus duds. I left the movie knowing one thing for sure: There will be a "Jason XI"--or, given the IQ level of the series, "Jason X, Part 2."
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

it's dumb fun. it's stupid but i have an affectation for it
Jabroniville

Ghostface

Post by Jabroniville »

GHOSTFACE (Various)- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Meta-Killer, Regular Guy
Movie Series: Scream
PL 9 (116)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Knife) 3 (+15)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 10 (+12)
Initimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Equipment (Knife +1), Improved Initiative

Murderous Fighting Style: 
Accurate Attack (Weak), Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort (Unleashed), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Power), Startle, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Disappear" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (4) -- [6]
  • AE: "Samurai" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical) (4)
    AE: "Knife Uppercut" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (3)
Features 1: Adds Weapon-Damage to Special Moves [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Knife +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Samurai +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Secret (Identity Crisis)- For obvious reasons you'd want to keep your identity a secret if you were one of these guys. At least until your big monologue at the end where you have everything under control and will soon kill anyone who knows your identity and motives and OOPS you're dead.
Enemy (That %^&*ing Sydney!)- So yeah....the names and faces change.....even the revenge motives alter somewhat from movie to movie....but in some way it all comes back to Neve Campbell's Sydney Prescott. She's consistently the catalyst for our killers and she will always be the Holy Grail of targets for all the Ghostfaces who will come and go over the years.
Responsibility ("What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?")- The Ghostface killers have a tendency to call their victims ahead of time in order to play mindgames and get them in a panicked state, so they can then move in for the kill. Typically this will involve asking the victim horror trivia with easy answers (“Name the killer in Halloween”) or trick questions designed to throw them off (“Name the killer in Friday The 13th"). A wrong answer means death, either for the victim they've called or a hostage. A right answer.....well it still means death. There's no way to win except kill these jerk-offs. Luckily....
Responsibility (Crap, We're Mortal!)- Despite being armed and planning ahead, the Ghostface killers can easily get the tide turned against them if they make a mistake. I can't tell you how many times they've been knocked down or injured in one of their attacks (I particularly like the time Rose McGowan just kept lobbing bottles of beer at one of them in the first movie and hitting said killer dead on). And they die real good too.
Weakness (Predictability)- These guys cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 3 + 10 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 16 (116)

GHOSTFACE (Various)- Movie Version
Role:
Meta-Killer, Regular Guy
Movie Series: Scream
PL 5 (67)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Knife) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 10 (+12)
Initimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Daze (Intimidation), Equipment (Knife +1), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Knife), Improved Trip, Startle

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Knife +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Secret (Identity Crisis)- For obvious reasons you'd want to keep your identity a secret if you were one of these guys. At least until your big monologue at the end where you have everything under control and will soon kill anyone who knows your identity and motives and OOPS you're dead.
Enemy (That %^&*ing Sydney!)- So yeah....the names and faces change.....even the revenge motives alter somewhat from movie to movie....but in some way it all comes back to Neve Campbell's Sydney Prescott. She's consistently the catalyst for our killers and she will always be the Holy Grail of targets for all the Ghostfaces who will come and go over the years.
Responsibility ("What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?")- The Ghostface killers have a tendency to call their victims ahead of time in order to play mindgames and get them in a panicked state, so they can then move in for the kill. Typically this will involve asking the victim horror trivia with easy answers (“Name the killer in Halloween”) or trick questions designed to throw them off (“Name the killer in Friday The 13th"). A wrong answer means death, either for the victim they've called or a hostage. A right answer.....well it still means death. There's no way to win except kill these jerk-offs. Luckily....
Responsibility (Crap, We're Mortal!)- Despite being armed and planning ahead, the Ghostface killers can easily get the tide turned against them if they make a mistake. I can't tell you how many times they've been knocked down or injured in one of their attacks (I particularly like the time Rose McGowan just kept lobbing bottles of beer at one of them in the first movie and hitting said killer dead on). And they die real good too.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (67)

HalloweenJack's Notes:
-While Halloween started the slasher craze of the late 70s/early 80s and it's work was then cemented by the likes of Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street for a few years, the fad died down as fads often do. It wouldn't become en vogue again until 1996 and a little movie called Scream. Written by Kevin Williamson (creator of things like Dawson's Creek and The Following) and directed by horror maestro Wes Craven, Scream did something then very original: it was openly meta and topical, discussing the tropes of horror films (stay a virgin, never drink or do drugs, etc).

-It was something that was amazing at first and ushered in a whole new wave of horror/slasher movies in the late '90s....but again...fads. See since Scream did it so well, every horror movie that came down the pike aped it in such a way that what was once hip was now a cliche in of itself.

-Alas...we're here to talk about Ghostface, the movie's killer.

-Or should I say killers?

-See, Scream's universe is one very much like our own. No monsters, no magic, nothing supernatural (though Craven does fit a dream sequence into the third Scream film). Our killers are just mortal individuals like you or I who've done their homework and use the Ghostface costume to disguise their identity....and they usually work in pairs, so that when Ghostface here attacks that means someone else has a built in alibi of “Well I was right here too!”. It's worth noting that in four Scream movies there have been a total of SEVEN killers. Scream 3 is the only movie where there was a solo killer.

-Anyways...Ghostface....faces(?) are all more or less the same. They're not really any more powerful than the very people they kill. They just plan their kills out. They generally come armed with a hunting knife and occasionally a handgun. If you want to take a page out of Scream 3's killer (and now I'm not giving away any more than I have already in case someone has never seen these) then that killer also is wearing a kevlar vest underneath his costume for added protection. He also used a voice box (as did all the killers to disguise their voices over the phone) though his was good enough that it actually sounded like other protagonists or sexes (not sure how that worked).

-The biggest weapon one of these killers use however is fear. They'll call their prey and slowly but surely whip them into a panic before moving in for the kill. It's easier after all to kill someone when they're scared or angry. And of course they want to pick them off one by one.

-All in all, A Ghostface killer would be a pretty terrifying real life antagonist. They're all fairly smart and well armed with one sided prep.....but ultimately a big fish in a small pond. Oddly I think one of them may have at least a little chance against another killer from Terrordrome because they've probably seen every movie on this list!

Jab's Notes: Okay, THIS? THIS, I know. Scream was HUGE when I was in High School/College, largely because it was among the first self-referential, "Hey, you ever notice (Obvious Trope)" most anyone had seen at the time. "Kim Possible" later did this for spy/action-hero shows and drew attention from teenage audiences that way, but "Scream" was the big-name in movies. That it had some actual celebrities (okay, my favorite hottie from Friends, a WCW World Champion, and the less-popular chick from Party of Five, but still) made it all the bigger. People were like "Oh my GOD, the virginal girl always DOES live!" and "Someone always DOES die right away!" I have no idea if these movies hold up, but as Scary Movie (which parodied... this parody of horror movies) pointed out, the ending makes NO SENSE, and is really just tacked on because they needed one.

-I think the best part of the movies, aside from the referential humor, was watching the various "Ghostface" killers f*ck up frequently, crashing around and tripping on things, because unlike the others, they're just regular guys in suits.

-Ghostface is a PL 4 fighter in the movies; PL 5 defensively, and even then only barely. This fits a guy who can barely kill an unarmed teenager alone, and usually needs to get the drop on opponents in order to win.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:51 am I'm also not looking to chase anyone off of this board because of their politics. I want this to be a place where conversations can happen. I might be the site owner, but this place is not founded on my thoughts on politics, religion, etc. I'm not here to thought police anyone. But if you bring up politics, or respond to an offhand comment about politics and try to engage in a debate, anyone can get involved with said debate, myself included. But as such things can become thread derailing, that's why I give thread starters the option to contact me and ask for posts to be moved to the Debate forum or somewhere similar.

Long story short, if I got too heated in my post or made anyone feel uncomfortable, that was not my intent and I apologize. In which case it's probably best to just focus on what Jab's actually building and leave these debates for other sections of the site.
I might stick around and try to avoid political discussions then, albeit with the note that when/if I start up my build thread that I probably won't refrain from talking about the Marxist themes inherent in the character of Superman, at least during the Golden Age. Though I'll try to keep it to 'hey, it's interesting how these characters reflect certain values and outlooks'.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.