Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead!)

Post by Ares »

I'm also not looking to chase anyone off of this board because of their politics. I want this to be a place where conversations can happen. I might be the site owner, but this place is not founded on my thoughts on politics, religion, etc. I'm not here to thought police anyone. But if you bring up politics, or respond to an offhand comment about politics and try to engage in a debate, anyone can get involved with said debate, myself included. But as such things can become thread derailing, that's why I give thread starters the option to contact me and ask for posts to be moved to the Debate forum or somewhere similar.

Long story short, if I got too heated in my post or made anyone feel uncomfortable, that was not my intent and I apologize. In which case it's probably best to just focus on what Jab's actually building and leave these debates for other sections of the site.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RUSCHE

Re: Jab's Builds! (Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead! Chucky!)

Post by RUSCHE »

So...who likes comics...??😁 on to a build question though. With Michael Myers would he have some form of recovery/regeneration due to all the gun shots he takes and keeps on keeping on? Or is his ability to soak up the damage off his toughness of 6? Curious minds and all...
M4C8

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead!)

Post by M4C8 »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 am
Scots Dragon wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:54 am Especially in a day and age where Muslims are being met with unwarranted hostility over the actions of a group of extremists largely active in the Middle East, despite the fact that white supremacist violence is far more common and a far greater source of terrorist actions in the west.
M4C8 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:34 pm Hostility towards Muslims is not unwarranted, the terrorist atrocities across the world (Killing over 32,000 people in 2014 alone) the organised sexual abuse rings, and the rise in acid attacks and various other imports from their 'Rich' culture have lead to people feeling unsafe in their own countries, many for the first time in their lives. Yes of course these events are due to a minority but the unwillingness of the Muslim community to address these very real issues and the immediate accusations of racism towards anyone who does just leads to more division and distrust.
I just want to say this.

There's nothing inherently wrong with portraying a terrorist as being Muslim or Middle Eastern, given how they make up a large percentage of terrorists world-wide, including the West. It's also not wrong to point out that most of said terrorists follow a militant version of Islam. It's much the same way that while it makes people uncomfortable that the black community in America makes up less than 20% of the population but commits over 50% of crime in this country, there are statistics that back it up. Ignoring this does not help things, whereas acknowledging it can potentially lead to solutions to fix the issue.

At the same time, it's not right to say that "hostility towards Muslims" is warranted, in the same way that hostility towards anyone based on their race is warranted. Muslims aren't the problem. Islamists are not the problem. The problem is radical Islamic terrorists, most of whom are Muslim, which make up a microscopic portion of both the Muslim community and the Islamic faith (albeit, radical Islamic controlled states are similar hotbeds of trouble). One cannot blame the majority of Muslims or Islamists for the actions of a small group of their absolutely worst members, anymore than we should blame anyone for the atrocities someone else did simply because they happen to share a skin color, gender or belief system (so long as said belief system is not overtly violent). It'd be like blaming all black people for when the worst parts of BLM set stuff on fire. Ditto for white people and ANTIFA.

We need to be able to acknowledge the realities of a situation (such as what the physical characteristics and religious that permeate a group), but we cannot make broad stroke generalizations about an entire group because a small segment within said group (whom the rest of the group don't like) are a bunch of assholes.
Maybe 'Hostility' was the wrong word to use, your first paragraph sums up the point I was trying to make. Obviously most people do differentiate between the majority and the crazy minority but it still angers many when they see Muslims either trying to justify the actions of those bad apples or outright denying that there's a problem. These problems are not going to end in western nations without the Muslim community first explicitly addressing that they exist and unfortunately so far that doesn't seem to have happened with any mention of extremism or the unacceptable aspects of the culture being shot down as racist or anti-Muslim. Because of this ingrained defensiveness we find ourselves stuck in a holding pattern where no progress can be made which leads to people quite understandably feeling frustrated and even angry at the Muslim community as a whole despite knowing that the majority are not a threat.

I will say that I like how an issue such as this can be talked about in a calm non threatening manner without it exploding into a shit-storm, that's rare and should be treasured. And in honour of that I'll shut up now :)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Going back on topic, hey, Chucky! Yeah, I saw the clip where he threatened Rick Steiner. It was stupid, but man, they actually got both the puppet and Brad Douriff! There's a some dedication for a really stupid angle that went nowhere.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Tall Man

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:38 pm ImageImage

TALL MAN (Jebediah Morningside)- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Magic Guy
Movie Series: Phantasm (??)
Phantasm was a series I'd been kind of interested in, but never got into. I caught what was probably the 3rd film in the franchise when I was a teenager, and the image of those orbs flying around trying to murder people was just chilling. The Tall Man seemed like a solid horror villain tho, and I wonder if the franchise wouldn't benefit from a reboot to make things a bit more coherent. Still, as far as a trippy sci-fi horror franchise goes, this is one I'd like to check out someday in its entirety.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Michael Myers

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:22 pm ImageImage

MICHAEL MYERS- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Masked Killer
Movie Series: Halloween

HalloweenJack's Notes:[/b]
-John Carpenter's Halloween is my absolute favorite horror movie, and is a toss up for my favorite movie.
You and my dad have very similar horror film tastes then. Halloween was my dad's favorite horror film growing up, and the first one really is a masterpiece. John Carpenter has given me some of my favorite films, including The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China, so it wasn't a surprise to me how solid this movie was. And it really does work better as a stand-alone without all of the familial nonsense other movies injected into it. It's really just this story about a young girl alone in a house where a monster is trying to get her. No connection, no destiny, just bad luck and the fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ares
Site Admin

Re: Pumpkinhead

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:09 pm Image

PUMPKINHEAD- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Demonic Monster
Movie Series: Pumpkinhead

HalloweenJack's Notes:
*snip*
I'd only ever seen the two reviews Spoony did of this game, one with LordKat before their falling out, but this does actually sound like a decent horror film.

Ares
Site Admin

Re: Chucky

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:56 am Image

The non-scarred one is more horrifying.

CHUCKY (Charles Lee Ray)- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Evil Doll, Fast Guy
Movie Series: Child's Play
This was another franchise I mostly missed out on, but it made fora great prank video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2W4Pd2j9l0

RUSCHE

Re: Michael Myers

Post by RUSCHE »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:22 pm ImageImage

MICHAEL MYERS- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Masked Killer
Movie Series: Halloween

HalloweenJack's Notes:[/b]
-John Carpenter's Halloween is my absolute favorite horror movie, and is a toss up for my favorite movie.
You and my dad have very similar horror film tastes then. Halloween was my dad's favorite horror film growing up, and the first one really is a masterpiece. John Carpenter has given me some of my favorite films, including The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China, so it wasn't a surprise to me how solid this movie was. And it really does work better as a stand-alone without all of the familial nonsense other movies injected into it. It's really just this story about a young girl alone in a house where a monster is trying to get her. No connection, no destiny, just bad luck and the fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
It is mine as well...he was more a force than a person and the fact you did not know WHY made for a more effective scare. Is the boogie man real? Yes,yes he is..great stuff.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, the "Michael Myers is a force rather than a person" thing is hinted to by the fact that he was originally credited as just "The Shape". He's never actually called that, and it was only in the first movie, though.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:19 pm Yeah, the "Michael Myers is a force rather than a person" thing is hinted to by the fact that he was originally credited as just "The Shape". He's never actually called that, and it was only in the first movie, though.
I did not mind the second movie but the rest were not needed at all. It would have been fine with the 1st movie ending as is. Just hearing him breathing off camera. Just my opinion.
L-Space

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lilith! Blackout! The Tall Man! Leatherface!)

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:31 am A friend of mine insists he's dragged constantly to horror movies by his wife (who he jokes is afraid of EVERYTHING). He says they've become the same movie every single time- "Jump Scares", "Creepy Kid" stuff instead of slashers, Body Horror, etc. I think Ringu/Ring set off a horde of imitators.
Exactly, there seems to be very little originality or creativity left in the Horror genre. Now I can forgive the imitations as long as they are done well, but unfortunately that is very rarely the case.
Ares wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 pm You and my dad have very similar horror film tastes then. Halloween was my dad's favorite horror film growing up, and the first one really is a masterpiece. John Carpenter has given me some of my favorite films, including The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China, so it wasn't a surprise to me how solid this movie was. And it really does work better as a stand-alone without all of the familial nonsense other movies injected into it. It's really just this story about a young girl alone in a house where a monster is trying to get her. No connection, no destiny, just bad luck and the fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The Thing is my absolute favorite horror movie and probably one of my favorite movies all around.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Jason Voorhees

Post by Jabroniville »

JASON VOORHEES- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Slasher, Implacable Monster
Movie Series: Friday the 13th
PL 9 (96)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Close Combat (Axe or Machete) 2 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Initimidation 14 (+11)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Axe +2, Knife +3 Blast- Diminished Range), Ranged Attack 8

Murderous Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack (Weak), Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort (Unleashed), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Power), Startle, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Multi-Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 8) (Reduced Defenses -2) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: "Axe Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
  • AE: "Anti-Air" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents, Improved Critical) (4)
Features: Adds Weapon-Damage to Special Moves [1]
"Slasher Villain" Senses 3 (Teenager Nudity- Ranged, Acute) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Axe +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Axe Smash +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Knife Toss +8 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
He's so good to his mudder- Jason WORSHIPS his mother. Like literally...he keeps her head on an altar. And if anyone happens to look like her even the slightest, his dim mind will think it is her. This is how Freddy Krueger was once able to manipulate him to do his dirty work. Speaking of that guy....
The %^*&ing Krueger: Jason HATES Freddy. HAAAATES.
Water, Water, everywhere: Jason doesn't have a fear of water....mostly. He goes into the lake quite often...but there is a s ight subconscious fear of it...one that Freddy once used against him in the Dream World. See also HATE.
Damned fool kids!: Jason's regular victims are horny, pot smoking, beer drinking teens as they represent the type of tomfoolery that got him killed in the first place. Though don't worry. He'll kill just about anything in his path. Well....
Innocence: According to Jason actor Kane Hodder (who at four appearances has played Jason more than anyone else) Jason won't harm animals or small children. This is usually backed up in most appearances (Hodder for example refused to kick a character's dog in one movie stating he didn't think Jason would do that). There have been exceptions such as when he tried to be reborn in his niece (though that was mostly out of necessity) and when he tried going after Tommy Jarvis....but hey....who wouldn't want to kill Corey Feldman?
There's a storm brewing: Just thought I'd throw it in here, but for the most part whenever Jason shows up there tends to be storm of some kind.
Weakness (Predictability)- These guys cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 10 + 10 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 21 (96)

UNDEAD JASON VOORHEES- Terrordrome Version
Role:
PL 9 (111)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Axe or Machete) 2 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Initimidation 14 (+11)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Axe +2, Knife +3 Blast- Diminished Range), Ranged Attack 8

Murderous Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack (Weak), Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort (Unleashed), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Power), Startle, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Life Recharge" Healing 6 (Reduced Defenses -2) (8) -- [10]
  • AE: "Grab & Stab" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit if Enemy Parried Last Turn) (3)
  • AE: "Big Swing/Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
Features: Adds Weapon-Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Undead"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Axe +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Axe Smash +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Knife Toss +8 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
He's so good to his mudder- Jason WORSHIPS his mother. Like literally...he keeps her head on an altar. And if anyone happens to look like her even the slightest, his dim mind will think it is her. This is how Freddy Krueger was once able to manipulate him to do his dirty work. Speaking of that guy....
Water, Water, everywhere: Jason doesn't have a fear of water....mostly. He goes into the lake quite often...but there is a s ight subconscious fear of it...one that Freddy once used against him in the Dream World. See also HATE.
Damned fool kids!: Jason's regular victims are horny, pot smoking, beer drinking teens as they represent the type of tomfoolery that got him killed in the first place. Though don't worry. He'll kill just about anything in his path. Well....
Innocence: According to Jason actor Kane Hodder (who at four appearances has played Jason more than anyone else) Jason won't harm animals or small children. This is usually backed up in most appearances (Hodder for example refused to kick a character's dog in one movie stating he didn't think Jason would do that). There have been exceptions such as when he tried to be reborn in his niece (though that was mostly out of necessity) and when he tried going after Tommy Jarvis....but hey....who wouldn't want to kill Corey Feldman?
There's a storm brewing: Just thought I'd throw it in here, but for the most part whenever Jason shows up there tends to be storm of some kind.
Weakness (Predictability)- These guys cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 10 + 10 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 20 (111)

JASON VOORHEES- Movie Version
Role:
PL 8 (76)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Initimidation 14 (+11)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Machete +2, Knife +1), Daze (Intimidation), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Machete) 2, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Knife +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Machete +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 16 (76)

UNDEAD JASON VOORHEES- Movie Version
Role:
PL 9 (92)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Initimidation 14 (+11)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Machete +2, Knife +1), Daze (Intimidation), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Machete) 2, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:

"Undead"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Knife +9 (+7 Damage, DC 21)
Machete +9 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 15 (92)

HalloweenJack's Notes:
Pretty much the iconic slasher as far as the genre goes. Even people who don't watch slasher movies know exactly who Jason is. The hockey mask has become so iconic that when I was a kid we referred to it as 'Jason' mask. It may also be worth noting that Jason was based on the campfire tale of Cropsy which anybody whoever went to camp in New England should know about.

Jason was born on Friday, June 13th 1946 (just a few days before my dad. ha.) to Pamela and Elias Voorhees. Pamela doted on her special, special boy. Special being the operative word. Jason is what they used to call a mongoloid; extreme facial deformities and a mentally retarded intelligence. Pamela was a cook at Camp Crystal Lake where Jason attended to try and attain some semblance of a normal life. Unfortunately Jason was picked on very badly (it was 1957 after all) and may have been knocked into the lake by some other campers (as seen in Freddy vs Jason) and drown. The counselors that should have been watching him were too busy having sex to come to his aid.

All of this set Pamela off as one would imagine it would and she covertly killed the counselors in question the next summer. The camp was closed down and every time it was attempted to be reopened, Pamela would sabotage it. That is until 1978 when after cutting down most of the staff, a counselor managed to behead her.

The next day the counselor in question commented on being attacked afterwards by a boy in the lake. Pamela's head was never found. The old timers in town often said that Jason's vengeful spirit haunted the area after that day

And he did. Going from a boy to a large powerful deformed man (one might blame this and the preternatural power he seemed to possess on a copy of Evil Dead's Necronomicon being found in the Voorhees house in Jason Goes To Hell) and eventually donning his signature mask, Jason hacked and slashed his way through several more 'adventures' and as far as anyone knows he's still roaming the woods around Camp Crystal Lake.

Jason's 'living' form is a pretty tough cookie. Inhumanly strong (he once killed a man by crushing his temples until his eye popped out) and surprisingly fast (early Jason actually runs) he's built for taking down virtually anyone that trespasses in his territory. Beyond that he's incredibly hard to keep down. Later movies would basically state that his body regenerated most trauma, but he still felt pain and occasionally shied away from attacks in actual fear. Despite his mental deficiency he's got a low form of cunning, and if you go by the remake actually pretty handy with a bow and is known to set bear traps all around the camp area. And anything is a weapon in his hands, but he prefers his trusty machete.

'Undead' Jason, which started going around Part 6 with a nice bolt of lightning, is even more physically powerful capable of tearing off limbs, punching through bodies, and even knocking off heads with singular blows. He doesn't seem to feel pain anymore either and things like gunshots are trivial attacks at best (example a handgun gives him little pause, a shotgun may knock him down but doesn't keep him there, and even machine guns only drop him momentarily). He isn't quite as fast but is still surprisingly spry at times.

And even if you destroy his body, his heart/spirit will just find another host (though the bodies tend to break down quickly) and can be reborn through a relative in his bloodline.

And I won't even get on that time in the far future.......

Jab's Notes: I've seen more of these than any other Horror/Slasher flick, because they're relatively simple, unpretentious movies... that frequently show boobs (WHAT? I was a teenage boy, dammit!). Though the first one was rather infamous to my friend and I (a "Jason" movie... WITHOUT JASON?), I remember watching the one where Freddy's hand comes out at the end (teasing a Crossover that was never made... until a decade or two later) and thinking it was pretty awesome. That chick going all Genre Savvy by showering in order to lure Jason to her was pretty clever. Him turning undead and then having some living heart or whatever was great schlock. Note that to everyone I knew, these were the Jason movies, as the Nightmare films were always identified as Freddie I, Freddie III, etc.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I Hope we are going to see your rendition of Jason in 2455, especially after the nanotech rebuilds him! :P
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jason is a classic, though of course it always catches people off-guard that Jason wasn't the killer in the first movie. (It's even used in Scream, where Ghostface asks the opening kill who the killer in Friday the 13th is, and of course they give the wrong answer.)