3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Spectrum »

So WarpCore's action had no noticeable effect?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That's correct. :(

Okay... here's the skinny... I'm on vacation for the next week and half to two weeks. When I get back, I am going to reevaluate this game (and only this one...).

I have a fully fleshed out story in mind, but I had sorta counted on the sig other not losing interest and getting even busier than me IRL. I had considered ghosting her, what with her being logged into a different browser and all... But I thought that was cheap.

I'll ponder while I relax, and will come back refreshed and with a plan...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Enjoy we will miss your presence on the Boards. Two weeks hopefully a tad less sounds just about right for you know what :)
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Which player is BW's Sig Other???
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jewel is Bladewind's SO.

Thanks for the heads up on being gone for even longer.
Thank you for having me in your game.
I'll be leaving now.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Hm...Hm yeah she hasn't been around in quite some time.

In my experience the games that last the longest are the ones where people don't just give up during prolonged and inevitable slowdowns. I've had games basically stop for the better part of a year, and we just pick right back up when people can. Part of that I think is I'm just too stubborn and love my characters too much to ever give up on them...I don't lose interest that easily.

I still wish this game was back at Ronin...the reports of its closure seem to have been exaggerated, and the fewer sites I have to check in on the easier it is, but I still check in here daily. :)
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Apologies in advance for the double-post, but the topic is slightly different, and I wanted to get the thoughts out while they're fresh. For me I'm willing to put up with a slow (sometimes very slow) game, but in this scene in particular I do feel a slight disconnect just because of the spaceness of it all. Bastion is most fun to play when he has a physical threat to interact with, either keeping something at bay, or going toe to toe with other close combat types in urban environments with lots of property destruction. ;)

Currently I am performing his defensive function, being a living shield for a blaster type, but the distances involved make it feel less up close and personal. Even with the range augmentation, which I suppose we can say is due to Warpcore somehow boosting Bastion's signal/force field frequency.

Also in this case Bastion would make it harder for us, because his offensive powers knock back, when we should probably keep Dawnfire in close/short range.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sorry Spec !

I am back now, will be catching up tonight and getting things rolling.
I may also see about recruiting again... not 100% sure yet.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Well in true form to history of the the Legion of Superheroes comic books a soft reboot might re-energize the game?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lol.

I actually have an idea something like that up my sleeve...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

You ever turn around in a door and go.. well, that sounds interesting?

Not a bad idea, just a really thready pulse.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

All the time. Usually come out wearing my supersuit and everything...

Gotta admit... don't understand your second line.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So where is the game going to go from here? It sounds like you're interested and willing to put in the time to make the game fly again.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:14 pm Jewel is Bladewind's SO.
Speaking of... I kind of wrote part of the story around her telepath (well, her and kid Cong...), but three things happened... I lost both telepaths... My SO finds playing every once in a while with the table top group easier than PbP and... the telepathy set was a little much for her. Trying to convince her to try something else, but it will depend if Intrepid is still with us...
Spectrum wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:21 pm So where is the game going to go from here? It sounds like you're interested and willing to put in the time to make the game fly again.
Well, went around the aforementioned telepathic plot hook... Have some ideas that if you are all interested in moving forward than I am too. I am putting the game back on the original idea that I had. There will be less space fighting. Having said that, still room for Warpcore, but I think it might work better if he was more a tech controller than a tech modifier.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Honestly, the whole breakdown drained my enthusiasm for this. Sorry.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe