J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT! Kitana, Jade, Mileena, Orchid, Alisa Bosconovitch, Mai Shiranui

Post by Jabroniville »

Yipe! So many new builds at once! So hard to keep up!

Kitana was pretty good, and a great replacement for Sonya Blade as "The Chick" of Mortal Kombat II. It was pretty smart to "Palette Swap" her and make klones, though this had the effect of diluting her almost immediately. Jade was initially REALLY HARD TO DEFEAT, as all the Sekret Charakters were.

Talisa Soto, though. GROWL.

Jade is interesting, because she was just the "darker klone" for a long time, until her design got a bit updated after MK3, turning her not into a really unique character, but shifting her JUST ENOUGH that she was the best-looking of the three girls. That bright green contrasted really well with her skin tone. The problem with her is that she has no major place in the story- almost everyone else is important in some way, and she's just "Kitana's Friend".

Mileena's a hoot, because she's basically been turned into equal parts "Miss Fanservice" and "Insane Monster Chick", as she does the "Sexy dance" during her win poses, bares the most flesh... but also reveals a freak-mouth and EATS PEOPLE. She's always memorable to me because her infamous "Teleport Kick" was so unbalanced in MKII, allowing her to make short work of almost anyone in the game, including Shao Khan. MK was a lot of things, but was never really "well done" in terms of balance- too many things slipped through the kracks.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT! Kitana, Jade, Mileena, Orchid, Alisa Bosconovitch, Mai Shiranui

Post by Jabroniville »

Orchid is interesting as "The Chick" of Killer Instinct, though the horrible early art design hid that pretty well (her breasts looked like traffic cones).

Alicia, I've never heard of- though I haven't followed Tekken in a while. Nice that there's Androids out there besides the Jack series now. And OF COURSE she's a Cute Teenage Girl- Japan has such a dearth of those, it's a requirement to fill that drastically-wide void :).

Mai is one of those bizarre anime-type characters- the insanely busty chick with a one-sided crush on a stoic, weird guy :). And her always being put onto the Women's Team is both a "Back-To-Basics" thing, and conveniently makes the Fatal Fury character dynamics stuck in history for decades.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:25 am Yipe! So many new builds at once! So hard to keep up!

MK was a lot of things, but was never really "well done" in terms of balance- too many things slipped through the kracks.
I know right? Felt like 2007 J-Mart for a little bit. Doubt I keep it up, but I have admit this little fighting game run has got me remotivated. :)

It's funny, I guess it's a Netherrealm Studios issue because apparently in Injustice 2, of all the normally powerful DC characters that you think would be unstoppable, Deadshot slipped through the cracks as being broken. The top tier lists I was looking at all had slight variations, but Deadshot was on every single one and I saw some reviews from some top players that he's almost unfair to use once you figure him out. He won't be that way in my setting, but it gives credence your comment for sure.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

270 - Blanka

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're still dropping Fighting Game builds as we add to our Street Fighter line with this new item for Aisle 9!

Now the beast is unleashed! - Blanka

BLANKA
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Height: 6-4
Weight: 240
Eyes: Green
Hair: Orange
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 9 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception (-1), Expertise [Survival] 7 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll (1), Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack (2) (Jungle Fury, Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Jungle Movement: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Movement 2 (Swinging, Wall Crawling [half speed]); 5 pts
Jungle Honed Senses: Senses 5 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended, Tracking]); 5 pts
Jungle Combat: 25 pt Array; 26 pts
Electricity Aura: Electrical Damage 5 (Extra: Linked [Affliction], Reaction, Flaw: Distracting), Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Linked [Damage], Reaction, Flaw: Distracting, Limited to two degrees); 25 pts
Jungle Fury: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +11 [Jungle Fury Combo +7, Multiattack]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +4; Martial Strike Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Electric Aura +5, Critical 18-20, Reaction]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Mommy Issues: Blanka feels like he is a disappointment to his mother and wants to prove himself to her and the world.
Monstrous Appearance: Blanka is a huge man with orange hair and green skin and rarely wears a shirt. This makes it hard from him to blend into normal society.
Relationships: He is friends with Dan Hibiki.

Abilities 52 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 36 + Defenses 13 = 133 / 133

Build Comments: Good old Jimmy, otherwise known as Blanka, is another one of the more recognizable characters from Street Fighter. He even got a cameo at the end of Wreck-It Ralph, which was pretty cool.

Blanka is a jungle dude, giving him some pretty cool moves and a signature style. I kinda wanted to go more powerhouse with him, but I eased up on that. Still, he hits pretty hard and with his Movement abilities, he should be a tough out.

Secret Origins: Blanka’s birth name is Jimmy and he was in a plane crash as a little boy. This crash caused him to grow up in the wild, although he has connections to a local village in the Brazilian jungle. Ever since the crash, Blanka/Jimmy had been separated from his mother. At some point, he met Dan Hibikit and save his life. Eventually, Blanka ate a melon on a poacher's truck and unwittingly traveled to civilization for the first time.

The Story so Far: He wound up at a fighting tournament and eventually faced Dan Hibiki. Dan addresses Blanka as "Jimmy", and tells him that if ever he needs help, he can ask Dan.

Blanka apparently developed a taste for street fighting and competes in the second World Warrior tournament. he reunites with his mother, who recognizes him on televised broadcasts of his matches by the anklets he wears. She addresses him by his birth name, Jimmy, and reveals that she gave him the anklets before he was in the plane crash as a little boy.

Eventually Blanka leaves his mother because people kept staring at him, and goes to Hong-Kong with Dan. Dan quizzes him on what the second World Warrior tournament was like. He, Dan and Sakura then decide to enter the S.I.N. tournament, each for their own reasons, with Blanka himself wanting to win and earn people's respect.

After he loses in the final stages, he is wandering through S.I.N.'s HQ. There he bumps into Dan only to see flames heading towards them. The flames die before they can reach them, however, as they are extinguished by Sakura's and Ryu's Hadokens. It is revealed that his mother went looking for him and they are reunited, with Blanka resolving not to be concerned by the staring faces, since everything will be okay as long as he's with his "mama". He goes home, but isn't there long before he finds out that local visitors have arrived at his home to meet him and that he now has many new friends in town.

Characterization/Friends and Foes: Blanka is generally passive and docile, and is fond of family connections and friendships as well as children, as seen in the animated series. Yet, when angered, Blanka attacks like a wild animal let loose from a cage, ferociously attacking his opponents with predatorial rage.

As the series goes on, Blanka while retaining his usual manner of speech, starts to develop a bit more common sense, which ironically makes him a more cautious-minded foil to the hot-headed Dan Hibiki. His dislike of masked men is also shown in his rivalry battle with El Fuerte.
Thorpocalypse

271 - Man Mountain Marko

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've need to add a few new members to our JOB SQUAD! Check out this charter member on Aisle 2!

Well, when the meat wagon comes to pick up what's left of you -- tell'em it was Man Mountain Marko who stomped you into the floor!! - Man Mountain Marko

MAN MOUNTAIN MARKO
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 6-11
Weight: 270
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Olive
Race: Human Mutate
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: The Maggia

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception (+1), Expertise [Performance] 4 (+4), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Interpose

POWERS:
Enhanced Physiology: Protection 2, Immunity 1 (Pressure), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Nemesis: Daredevil.

Abilities 48 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 4 + Defenses 8 = 72 / 72

Build Comments: Man Mountain Marko is a fine jobber. One of the first DD comics I ever got had him as the main thug. Amazingly enough, I thought he was kinda cool. Oh, the folly of youth.

Secret Origins: Man Mountain Marko has been shown to have superhuman strength and endurance, roughly comparable to if not slightly exceeding that of Spider-Man. It has been said this is a result of steroids and genetic manipulation.

The Story so Far: Marko was first seen as Silvermane's loyal lieutenant in an incident dealing with an ancient tablet which he stole. He attacked Curtis Connors when he thinks the formula he created has killed Silvermane. Marko was quickly defeated by Spider-Man.

Marko, along with the villains Eel, Discus and Stiletto robbed the Debutante Ball of Millie Hogarth. Unfortunately, for them, Millie's father was the agent for Power Man and Iron Fist, who were called in to defeat the villains.

During a trip to gather protection money, Marko had some sort of breakdown and trashed an entire bar, with Spider-Man inside of it. Investigative reporter Ben Urich told Spider-Man that Marko had apparently also kidnapped a child. Ben knew of a facility where Marko was known to work out. Spider-Man found steroids in Marko's locker. The owner of the gym told him that the Maggia genetically altered Marko in order to make him stronger. Spider-Man stole the information from the Maggia and confronted Marko at his home. Eventually Marko was subdued and it turns out the kid he 'kidnapped' simply had a twisted sense of hero worship, admiring Marko's size and strength.

Man Mountain Marko was later seen as a sexually threatening hitman sent after private investigator Jessica Jones. This was part of a conspiracy by a powerful business magnate who wished to use Jones and Captain America as a way to humiliate the current President of the United States. Jones severely beat Marko, then literally threw him at the feet of the businessman, who was in the middle of a golf game. Marko and his bosses were soon arrested by Clay Quartermain and the forces of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Later, Marko developed a singing career focusing on the concept of violence against female super-heroes. While on a plane with the super-hero Dazzler he became enraged over the perceived lack of alcohol. He injured passengers and took a hostage, whose wrist he breaks to prove he was serious. Dazzler, at low power, managed to subdue him.

He has been seen recently in Gotham City meeting with the crime lord Black Mask.

Characterization: Marko is a super strong thug, plain and simple.

Friends and Foes: He works for whoever he can find to give him a job. He has had several run-ins with Daredevil and Spider-Man.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

272 - Man-Bull

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another member of our JOB SQUAD Line getting stocked on Aisle 2!

Now that is some impressive jobbing, folks. I mean, he not only got pwned, but looked goofy while doing it. Kudos, William.

MAN-BULL
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 6; HP 1
Height: 7-0
Weight: 450
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+11), Deception (-1), Intimidation 9 (+8), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Tough Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 8 pts
Ramming Speed: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 2 pts
Horns: Piercing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extras: Binding, Dangerous); 2 pts
GORE!: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 5, Tripping, Flaw: Limited [only when charging); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +8; Horns +8, Critical 19-20; Gore +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +9 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Daredevil (or really, any hero wearing red…)
Mental Instability: Man-Bull's intelligence is constantly in flux, but generally deteriorating as the long term effects of his transformation come to fruition.

Abilities 40 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 16 + Defenses 8 = 75 / 75

Build Comments: Gotta love the jobbers, man. Another of my favorites is the wonderfully lame Man-Bull. Big, dumb brick brutes are a dime a dozen in comics, but he has horns. That makes him better than a lot of others. Plus, I can always do my Joey Styles homage GORE! GORE! GORE!

Secret Origins: William "Bill" Taurens was born in Camden, New Jersey. He was hired by a Mister Kline to round up people to test an experimental serum taken from bulls made by his agent The Professor. His attempts were all thwarted by Daredevil. As a result, Bill ended up being a guinea pig for the serum which turned him in to humanoid bull.

The Story so Far: With his new powers, Man-Bull attempted to take his revenge on Daredevil and the two have clashed on several different occasions, with Bill generally coming out on the short end of the stick. He did try to go straight for a while, but ended up falling back into his villainous ways to make ends meet.

Characterization: Man-Bull is a jobber villain with little intelligence. He’s generally just used a pawn by other mastermind villains.

Friends and Foes: He has a rivalry with Daredevil, but it’s pretty one-sided.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

273 - Shaggy Man

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for our Villains Line on Aisle 1!

Ok, Shaggy, you go with Scoob and...

Whoops. Wrong Shaggy...

SHAGGY MAN
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 14; DPL: 14; FWPL: 5; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+24), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception (-2), Insight (+1), Intimidation 12 (+10/+12), Perception (+1), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+5), Stealth (+2/-2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Shaggy Man Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Shaggy Hide: Impervious Toughness 19; 19 pts
Synthetic Life Form: Immunity 41 (Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects, Aging), Regeneration 10 (1/every round); 51 pts
Alternate Effects of Strength: 2 pts
Groundstrike: Burst Area Force Damage 14 (Extras: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Flaws: Distracting, Limited [Shaggy Man must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Shaggy Man must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Groundstrike Affliction +14, Burst Area; Shockwave Affliction +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To whoever is controlling him at the time.

Abilities 74 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 81 + Defenses 12 = 185 / 185

Build Comments: I LOVE the Shaggy Man. He’s the perfect super powerful team jobber that the JLA or Avengers need. He’s strong enough to be a threat to a whole high-level team, but not smart enough to be a serious threat.

Secret Origins: Shaggy Man is a robotic creature created by Professor Ivo.

The Story so Far: Shaggy Man was created from dead body parts and a plastic and titanium alloy, becoming an extremely strong but mindless synthetic being. Various applications have been utilized to defeat each incarnation of it, ranging from burial deep into the sea, to placing an entire mountain on top of him. The sole purpose of Shaggy Man is destruction and mayhem.

When the robot came to life, it went on a rampage that not even the JLA could stop. The Flash persuaded Ivo to create another Shaggy Man with the theory that they would destroy each other. But Hector Hammond captured one of them and sent it to the JLA satellite so that it would destroy them all. Green Lantern trapped it and Aquaman imprisoned it in a trench deep in the Pacific Ocean.

Recently, when a JLA team located the headquarters of The Secret Society in a secluded mansion, they infiltrated the base but were attacked by a new Shaggy Man.

Characterization: The Shaggy Man is a mindless engine of destruction and one of the strongest creatures on the planet.

Friends and Foes: The Shaggy Man only responds to whoever controls it and sometimes even that process breaks down and it becomes a threat to its master, too.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:25 am Yipe! So many new builds at once! So hard to keep up!

MK was a lot of things, but was never really "well done" in terms of balance- too many things slipped through the kracks.
I know right? Felt like 2007 J-Mart for a little bit. Doubt I keep it up, but I have admit this little fighting game run has got me remotivated. :)

It's funny, I guess it's a Netherrealm Studios issue because apparently in Injustice 2, of all the normally powerful DC characters that you think would be unstoppable, Deadshot slipped through the cracks as being broken. The top tier lists I was looking at all had slight variations, but Deadshot was on every single one and I saw some reviews from some top players that he's almost unfair to use once you figure him out. He won't be that way in my setting, but it gives credence your comment for sure.
Boon & Tobias have ALWAYS been awful for that. They hire killer actors (compare MK to Way of the Warrior or Kasumi Ninja in terms of digitized footage), have great art design, and write bitching stories... but when it comes to the gameplay, they just throw down "whatever" without thinking about it, leaving some characters insanely overpowered.
Psistrike

Re: J-Mart: FIGHT! Alisa Bosconovitch, Mai Shiranui, Blanka, Spider-Man, Hulk, Cap

Post by Psistrike »

*starts frothing at the mouth at seeing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 screenshots* Sorry. Just the final boss in that game was insane and nearly unbeatable unless you had insane dodging skills or could take him down before he killed you with one of his supers in one go. Galactus as the final boss was nuts. :evil:
L-Space

Re: J-Mart: FIGHT! Alisa Bosconovitch, Mai Shiranui, Blanka, Spider-Man, Hulk, Cap

Post by L-Space »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 am *starts frothing at the mouth at seeing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 screenshots* Sorry. Just the final boss in that game was insane and nearly unbeatable unless you had insane dodging skills or could take him down before he killed you with one of his supers in one go. Galactus as the final boss was nuts. :evil:
His damn AOEs were huge! At least he didn't have the Marvel vs Capcom 2 boss' annoying as hell laugh!
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sorry about the delay in posting. First I got sick for a few days (stupid summer cold) and then football and marching band season kicked off for the Young Thorpocalypses and I've gone back into full time shuttle service work. :roll:

I'll get back to the builds later in the week. I'm going stick with the Fighting Game builds for a while longer and I think I'm either going to dive into Boss Level or drop "The Ryu's" of all the games I'm taking characters from at the moment before moving into some of the characters that I either liked from playing or I fell in love with during research.
Thorpocalypse

274 - Heihachi Mishima

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're back to work on our Fighting Game builds and we're going to be adding some BOSS LEVEL SPECIALS over the next few days, along with the heroes that oppose them! Check out this new item for our Tekken line!

Come back when you're ready to fight. - Heihachi Mishima

HEIHACHI MISHIMA
PL11

OPL: 11; DPL: 11; HP: 2
Height: 5-11
Weight: 200
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Grey
Race: Human
Occupation: CEO Mishima Zaibatsu; Head of Tekken Force; Warrior
Base of Operations: Tokyo, Japan
Team Affiliations: Mishima Zaibatsu; Tekken Force

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 10 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+17), Deception 7 (+13), Expertise [Business] 9 (+13), Expertise [Demonolgy] 6 (+10), Expertise [Martial Arts] 8 (+12), Insight 7 (+13) [Combat Clarity], Intimidation 7 (+13), Investigation 5 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion (+6), Stealth (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (6) (Status, Wealth, Resources 6 – Head of the Mishima Zaibatsu), Close Attack (1), Combat Clarity* (1), Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Devil Gene Carriers), Favored Foe (Martial Artists), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1), Power Attack (3) (Demon Scissors, Flash Punch Combo, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (2), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Still Spry: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Mishima Style Karate: 5 pt Array; 6 pts
Flash Punch Combo/Electric Wind God Fist: Multiattack Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Electric], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 5 pts
Demon Scissors: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +15 [Demon Scissors +7, Critical 18-20; Electric Wind God Fist/Flash Punch Combo +7, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Due to his actions, he had made enemies out of son, Kazuya and his grandson, Jin.
Motivation: Heihaci desires power in all its forms and seeks to drive out the weakness in those who he sees greatness in.
Relationships: He does love his wife, Kazumi and cares for his bear, Kuma Jr. as he did Kuma's father.
Rivalry: He has a long rivalry with his adopted sons, Lee Chaolan and Lars Alexandersson.

Abilities 102 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 7 + Defenses 15 = 187 / 187

Build Comments: The main antagonist of the Tekken series for most of it's run, Heihachi Mishima. The story of the Mishima Clan's conflict has been the driving force for the series, but after the events of Tekken 7, I see that coming to an end soon. But Heihachi has been one of the best characters in the fighting game genre for years. He's arrogant, powerful and sometimes pretty evil, but he shows enough humanity at times, especially in this last game, for you to continue to stay engaged with him and his story.

Secret Origins: Heihachi is better known as the only son of Jinpachi Mishima, a famous martial artist who founded the Mishima Zaibatsu company. Decades before the events of the original Tekken, Heihachi used to have a happy life following his father's foot-steps. He later meets Kazumi Hachijo, who is much younger than him and sent by her family to train in Jinpachi's dojo, with Heihachi as her friendly rival. Eventually, Heihachi and Kazumi become close and get married, and Kazumi gives birth to their son, Kazuya. A few years later, when Kazuya was five years old, Kazumi suddenly becomes ill, leaving Heihachi to nurse her. Thankfully, Kazumi recovers quickly, but her personality changes considerably. One evening during Heihachi's training, Kazumi attempts to kill Heihachi in cold blood and reveals that the reason she married him. Her clan foresaw his attempt at world domination in the future and she was sent to assassinate him before that future comes to pass. However, Heihachi overpowers and, realizing the woman he loved is gone, regretfully kills her. In the same year, Heihachi overthrows his father for control of the Mishima Zaibatsu. He wished to go against his father's wishes and utitilize the company as a military power and manufacture weapons for the highest bidder. When Jinpachi attempted a coup d'état to reclaim the Mishima Zaibatsu, Heihachi quickly captures and imprisons him below the Mishima compound Hon-Maru and left him to starve to death.

Later, in an attempt to eliminate his son's "weakness", he revealed to his five-year-old son Kazuya that he killed Kazumi in cold blood, unleashing Kazuya's anger towards Heihachi. As Kazuya is too weak to fight his father, Heihachi knocked Kazuya out and tossed him down a deep ravine. According to Heihachi, if Kazuya was truly his son, he would be able to survive the fall and climb back up. In actuality, Heihachi used this means to confirm if Kazuya has the Devil Gene or not. To further motivate Kazuya, Heihachi adopted Chinese orphan Lee and raised him as a rival to his biological son.

The Story so Far: After Kazuya travels abroad and becomes an undefeated champion, the 52-year-old Heihachi announces the King of Iron Fist Tournament. Kazuya wins the tournament, tosses Heihachi off the same cliff and assumes control of the Zaibatsu. Heihachi survives the fall, meditates and trains extensively, then returns two years later in the second tournament to defeat his son. After Defeating Kazuya, Heihachi tosses Kazuya's body into a volcano, effectively killing him.

After assuming control of the Mishima Zaibatsu once more, Heihachi formed the Tekken Force, an elite army whose actions would ultimately lead to world peace. Fifteen years later, during a Tekken Force expedition at an Aztec Temple in Mexico, the Tekken Force was obliterated by a mysterious being called "Ogre". Realizing that Ogre had immortal blood, Heihachi sought its blood in order to create an "ultimate life form". Around this time, he met a teenager named Jin Kazama, who claimed to be his grandson and begged Heihachi to train him so he could take revenge against Ogre for murdering his mother Jun. Heihachi agreed, and four years later, announced the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3 to lure Ogre out. After Jin defeated Ogre, Heihachi betrayed and attempted to kill him. However, Jin transformed to Devil and knocked Heihachi out.

Afterwards, Heihachi collected the remains of Ogre and attempted to combine his and Ogre's DNA, but discovered that he would need the Devil Gene possessed by his son and grandson as a catalyst. Unable to find Jin, Heihachi learned Kazuya had been resurrected by G Corporation. To lure both to him, Heihachi held the fourth King of Iron Fist Tournament two years later with his company's ownership as the grand prize. After the Tekken Force captured Jin upon arrival, Heihachi is eventually defeated by Kazuya in the finals, and took him to Hon-Maru. However, the two would later be defeated by Jin, who escaped after sparing Heihachi's life.

Immediately after Jin's departure, an army of G Corporation Jack-4s invaded Hon-Maru. Heihachi was seemingly killed in the attack, but in reality was blown a great distance away after the Jacks detonated. It is revealed in Tekken 6 that he was unconscious for the duration of the fifth King of Iron Fist Tournament. Upon his recovery, he discovered that Jin had taken control of the Mishima Zaibatsu in his absence, and so he entered the sixth King of Iron Fist Tournament to take back the Zaibatsu. He appears as an enemy in the Scenario Campaign, the story mode in the console version of Tekken 6 whose main character is Lars Alexandersson, Heihachi's illegitimate son. Heihachi apparently forgot about Lars, as he was quite surprised when Lars recalled his past. Heihachi tries to make an alliance with Lars, who refuses and tries to shoot Heihachi, but is unsuccessful. Lars leaves, telling Heihachi that he will be the "last person" Heihachi ever meets.

Heihachi returns following Jin's disappearance after his battle with Azazel, Heihachi single-handedly retakes the Mishima Zaibatsu and announces a seventh tournament to lure Kazuya out. At the same time, he is confronted by Akuma, whose life was once saved by Heihachi's deceased wife, Kazumi, and who promised to kill both Heihachi and Kazuya for her in return. Heihachi clashes with Akuma and loses, but survives. In order to save the Zaibatsu's image, Heihachi captures footage of Kazuya's battle with Akuma in his Devil form; Kazuya loses but also survives. Deciding to face his son one on one, Heihachi allows a reporter to interview him about his past; Heihachi reveals that he was once happily married to Kazumi Hachijo, who had secretly been sent by her family to get close to Heihachi and kill him, having foreseen his future actions. Heihachi killed Kazumi in self-defence, and then threw Kazuya off the cliff to kill him in case he had inherited the Devil Gene from Kazumi; Kazuya's survival confirmed his worst fears. Heihachi then confronts Kazuya at the site of a volcano and the two clash.

Characterization: A ruthless man, Heihachi is a great fighter and leader who can be considered one of the most dangerous men in the world. He is determined to end the world of the Devil Gene that his son and grandson carry.
danelsan

Re: J-Mart: FIGHT! Heihachi Mishima

Post by danelsan »

I'm not all that fond of Tekken, but it will be hard to pass on Gouki X Heihachi X Geese
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Tekken was the first real fighting game series I really got into as a kid, with Tekken 2 on the original PlayStation. I have some really fond memories there, though I have to admit I haven't played any real entries in the series since Tekken 4 thanks to eventually switching over to the X-Box console wise and finally just becoming an exclusive PC player.

It's a damn pity it's apparently been one of the latest franchises to be devoured by the ever-expanding Pachinko bollocks, though.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

danelsan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:36 pm I'm not all that fond of Tekken, but it will be hard to pass on Gouki X Heihachi X Geese
I don't have Gouki/Akuma ready yet, but I've got some good subs to throw into that Three Way Dance in the meantime. ;)
Scots Dragon wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:42 pm Tekken was the first real fighting game series I really got into as a kid, with Tekken 2 on the original PlayStation. I have some really fond memories there, though I have to admit I haven't played any real entries in the series since Tekken 4 thanks to eventually switching over to the X-Box console wise and finally just becoming an exclusive PC player.
I had that Tekken, too. I switched to Xbox, too, in the next generations, although we do have a PS3 gathering dust in the basement that I could get back into it on, I suppose. In doing research, Tekken is actually the best selling fighting game series of all time, which I didn't realize. I figured it was Street Fighter but that's second and Mortal Kombat is 3rd.