OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tomorrow

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.0 [Recruiting Closed]

Post by Tomorrow »

CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:15 am I made some tweaks to Miss America. Can someone double check my math?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=464&start=30#p22976
You're skills are a bit off, you're not giving yourself a free rank from Presence (presumably bumping your persuasion to 8) and your not adding your full Dexterity bonus to vehicles, which should be 8, not 7.

Edit: Also your Shield array is incorrectly priced, as the Shield Throw option, even with Diminished Range 2 is 14 points, so your powers are 34 total, rather than 32.
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

@CaptainChaos
I apologize in advance if I'm in anyway overstepping, but you might want to consider the below alternative set up. Which gives you 5 additional points to further expand upon your character concept.

Basically, just moved all your attack effects into a single array and fancied up the shield attacks a bit... the shield bash now has smashing, so she can slam other people's weapons with it better and the shield throw has a couple of ranks of ricochet, so it can bounce around corners to hit people before returning to her. That's basically all, as I wasn't trying to re-invent your character... just make her a bit more point efficient along with adding a bit more of the Captain America-esque flair you seemed to shooting for.

Again, just trying to be helpful and I apologize sincerely if said help is unwelcome.

Abilities:
STR 0, STA 2, DEX 2, FGT 0, AGL 2, INT 3, AWE 0, PRE 1

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Equipment 3, Evasion, Great Endurance, Languages (English, French, and Spanish)

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 4 (+4), Expertise: Current Events 2 (+5), Expertise: Geology 8 (+11), Expertise: Popular Culture 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+7), Insight 4 (+4), Perception 6 (+6), Persuasion 7 (+8), Ranged Combat: Telekinetic Powers 6 (+8), Treatment 4 (+7), Vehicles 6 (+8)

Powers:
Kinetic Energy Shield: Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious; Flaws: Sustained Duration); 12 pts
Telekinetic Powers: Array (16 points)
- Base Effect: Telekinesis: Move Object 8; 16 pts
- AE: Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 8; 1 pt
- AE: Telekinetic Shield Bash: Damage 8 (Extras: Accurate 3, Smashing; Flaws: Quirk [-1, Kinetic Energy Shield Must Be Active]); 1 pt
- AE: Telekinetic Shield Throw: Ranged Damage 8 (Extras: Ricochet 2, Flaws: Diminished Range 2, Quirk [-1, Kinetic Energy Shield Must Be Active]; 1pt
- AE: Telekinetic Sleeper Hold: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd Degree: Exhausted, 3rd Degree: Asleep); 1pt

Equipment:
Utility Items: Array (2 ep)
- Smartphone; 2ep
- Pepper Spray; 1ep
- Multi-Tool; 1 ep
Motorcycle w/Navigation; 11ep

Offense:
Initiative +2
Pepper spray +2 (Close, Affliction 4 [DC 14])
Shield Bash +8 (Close, Damage 8 [DC23], Smashing)
Shield Throw +8 (Ranged, Damage 8 [DC23])
Telekinetic Sleeper Hold +8 (Ranged, Affliction 8 [DC18])

Defenses: 28 pts
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Toughness 8 (2 w/o shield), Fort 8, Will 8

Abilities 20 + Skills 27 (54+3 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 32 + Defenses 28 = 115/120
Last edited by Tomorrow on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Tomorrow, thanks for checking my math and for the suggestions on the build. I wanted to add a rank of Strength initially but didn't have enough points. If your suggested build is good with the GM then I will make those changes and add a couple more items to expand the character. I was considering a rank or two of leaping with the explanation that she uses her Telekinetic energy to push herself off the ground.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

I have a few thoughts/queries on/of the build:

Smartphone: the game is set in the current year - is this even necessary (this is really a question for the DM)
Shield Bash: I feel like this should be Strength-based, even though that wouldn't gain you anything; it's pretty hard to perform a shield-bash if you can't apply your Strength
TK Sleeper Hold: Fatigued/Exhausted don't really seem appropriate statuses; getting unsuccessfully choked-out wouldn't tire you out. Maybe try Dazed/Stunned to represent the semi-panicked re-oxygenation.
Investigation/Treatment/Vehicle ranks: what's the rational here?
The Quirk: I'm not sure this is valid; Sustained only takes a free action to maintain. Also, Sustained is not a Flaw.
Impervious 6: If you're doing this for flavour/logic reasons, fair enough, but, otherwise, immunity to rank 3 Damage effects is not very useful.
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:16 am Tomorrow, thanks for checking my math and for the suggestions on the build. I wanted to add a rank of Strength initially but didn't have enough points. If your suggested build is good with the GM then I will make those changes and add a couple more items to expand the character. I was considering a rank or two of leaping with the explanation that she uses her Telekinetic energy to push herself off the ground.
Well, if you're willing to fiddle with skills a bit (basically just round them to the nearest multiple of 5), you can pretty readily use a tactile telekinesis descriptor to simulate the real Cap's super-soldier enhancement. Basically you'd be simulating Cap in a similar manner to Metropolis Kid Superboy simulating Supes.

The below adjustment would still leave you 2 points. Based on your characters history, just grabbing a couple of ranks of Luck wouldn't be without rational basis (girl has some serious coincidences going on for her) if you can't think of anything better.
Tomorrow wrote:Abilities:
STR 0/5, STA 2, DEX 2, FGT 0, AGL 2, INT 3, AWE 0, PRE 1

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Equipment 3, Evasion, Great Endurance, Languages (English, French, and Spanish)

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 5 (+5/+10), Expertise: Current Events 2 (+5), Expertise: Geology 7 (+10), Expertise: Popular Culture 2 (+5), Investigation 2 (+5), Insight 5 (+5), Perception 5 (+5), Persuasion 9 (+10), Ranged Combat: Telekinetic Powers 6 (+8), Treatment 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

Powers:
Kinetically Augmented Mobility: Leaping 3 (60 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph, 120 ft./move); 5 pts
Kinetic Energy Shield: Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious; Flaws: Sustained Duration); 12 pts
Telekinetic Powers: Array (16 points)
- Base Effect: Telekinesis: Move Object 8 (Lift: 6 tons); 16 pts
- AE: Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 8; 1 pt
- AE: Telekinetic Shield Bash: Damage 8 (Extras: Accurate 3, Smashing; Flaws: Quirk [-1, Kinetic Energy Shield Must Be Active]); 1 pt
- AE: Telekinetic Shield Throw: Ranged Damage 8 (Extras: Ricochet 2, Flaws: Diminished Range 2, Quirk [-1, Kinetic Energy Shield Must Be Active]; 1 pt
- AE: Telekinetic Simulated Super-Soldier Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (tactile telekinesis; Lift: 1,600 lbs), Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extras: Accurate 3); 1 pt
- AE: Telekinetic Sleeper Hold: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd Degree: Exhausted, 3rd Degree: Asleep); 1 pt

Equipment:
Utility Items: Array (2 ep)
- Smartphone; 2ep
- Pepper Spray; 1ep
- Multi-Tool; 1 ep
Motorcycle w/Navigation; 11ep

Offense:
Initiative +2
Pepper spray +2 (Close, Affliction 4 [DC 14])
Shield Bash +8 (Close, Damage 8 [DC23], Smashing)
Shield Throw +8 (Ranged, Damage 8 [DC23])
Telekinetic Sleeper Hold +8 (Ranged, Affliction 8 [DC18])
Unarmed w/Simulated Super-Soldier Strength +8 (Close, Damage 8 [DC23])

Defenses: 28 pts
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Toughness 8 (2 w/o shield), Fort 8, Will 8

Abilities 20 + Skills 24 (48+3 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 38 + Defenses 28 = 118/120
Last edited by Tomorrow on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Syncretik wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:07 pm I have a few thoughts/queries on/of the build:

Smartphone: the game is set in the current year - is this even necessary (this is really a question for the DM)
Shield Bash: I feel like this should be Strength-based, even though that wouldn't gain you anything; it's pretty hard to perform a shield-bash if you can't apply your Strength
TK Sleeper Hold: Fatigued/Exhausted don't really seem appropriate statuses; getting unsuccessfully choked-out wouldn't tire you out. Maybe try Dazed/Stunned to represent the semi-panicked re-oxygenation.
Investigation/Treatment/Vehicle ranks: what's the rational here?
The Quirk: I'm not sure this is valid; Sustained only takes a free action to maintain. Also, Sustained is not a Flaw.
Impervious 6: If you're doing this for flavour/logic reasons, fair enough, but, otherwise, immunity to rank 3 Damage effects is not very useful.
Technically, the game specifically says you don't HAVE TO buy any mundane stuff like cellphones and your normal apartment with equipment points. Some builds do, particularly when the character in question has left over equipment points that the player can't rationalize putting into anything else. For other things, its just flavor for the character. In Miss America's case, I'm assuming the smart phone and multi-tool are being included because a Motorcycle with Navigation pushes you into Equipment 3, so having a little utility array with Pepper Spray, a smart phone, and a multi-tool is just sort of a waste-not-want-not thing. I'm assuming.

Edit: Of course, according to the rules, if you don't list a mundane thing and then want to use it in an action-relevant way (i.e. as effectively adventuring gear), you generally need to burn a hero point to have it available. In other words, Miss America having a smartphone as equipment is valid, if CC intends her to be doing stuff like calling for fire trucks or ambulances in the midst of a crisis situation, or pulling up an app of some sort in the middle of an actual pursuit. If the mundane thing is going to be used actively by your character during crunch-time, and you don't want to burn hero points every time you need it... listing it under equipment is not a bad call.

As for the Shield Bash, my understanding was that her Telekinesis is her strength. Her shield isn't bashing harder because she's putting muscle behind it, she's exerting telekinetic force through her shield. Similarly he shield throw has nothing to do with her actual throwing arm, it may look that way to a casual observer, but its her mind, not her body that is actually hurling it and allowing it to defy the laws of physics (as Spider-man might point out) with its ricochets. Unless of course CC decides they want it to partially strength-based, but it certainly doesn't have to be.

Can't really comment much on the Sleeper Hold thing, that's just CC's choice. Though the exhausted and fatigued conditions are pretty terrible for PCs in a game where PvP combat is unlikely to occur. That's just a personal opinion though.

As for the the skills, again just CC's choices... but I was just assuming it was related to her Captain America idolization. A Cap-emulating girl (and later grown woman) would probably both know first aid and ride motorcycles. And a geologist having investigation ranks isn't that odd, investigation covers searching for stuff, it'd cover taking and analyzing soil samples and mineral deposits, if you're running around looking for rumors of meteor impact sites or hidden cave networks you'd probably gather information from locals. Again, just guessing here.

The Quirks are more placeholder reminders than actual cost breaks, as you'll note that both of the Alternate Effects they are attached to do not use the full 16 points allowed by the array (I guess you could list them as -0 Quirks if you wanted to, though in Miss America's build it presently makes no difference). They are simply there to note that if someone uses nullify or sufficient enough weaken toughness to shatter her shield, she obviously can't utilize those two alternate effects.

Similarly, Sustained is is not giving or taking away anything, its a +0 modifier which I choose to list under flaws for organizational purposes. Its just a semantic style choice like writing up an extended Teleport as either: Teleport X (Extras: Extended, Flaws: Limited to Extended) OR Teleport X (Extras: Extended Only). It makes no actual difference to anything, its just a matter of personal preference in how you want to write it out. You could list Sustained under Extras, or you could have a whole separate listing for +0 modifiers, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. I mean, marginally giving Star Guard the benefit of the doubt on knowing Sustained Duration on a Permanent Duration power is a +0 modifier whether its listed under Extras or Flaws.

Edit: Also, unless I'm missing an errata update or something, by-the-book, Sustained IS listed under Flaws for the Protection power in the Hero's Handbook. It makes no difference though, as again, either way, listed as an Extra or listed as a Flaw, its still just a +0 modifier.

Impervious 6 means your immune to random shots from light pistols unless they are being used with power attack/teamwork tactics (or getting lucky with a crit) against you. Most NPC street-level thugs have light pistols as their weapons by default. Also impervious makes Weaken Toughness effects less useful against her. And then there is of course added power stunt potential. With those extra 6 points, she could stunt Wonder Woman-ing herself across an area full of automatic weapon fire(stunt out the impervious ranks for sustained immunity 5 bullets) or Captain Amercia-ing herself out of an otherwise really bad fall (stunt out the impervious ranks for Immunity 5 falling damage)... both of which are classic shield-user stunts in the comics/movies and fit her kinetic energy shield descriptor well (so I'm pretty sure most GMs wouldn't bat an eye at them)... and thosee impervious ranks allow her to do them without also dropping her actual toughness rank while doing so.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 am Back from Florida day off to rest tomorrow before back to the grind. We try and catch up on the last of the build looks while binging on SHIELD.
This last season of SHIELD was pretty impressive IMO... especially the Agents of HYDRA section.
Ghost Rider was handled well, and the effects I found better than the movies...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:24 pm
StarGuard wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 am Back from Florida day off to rest tomorrow before back to the grind. We try and catch up on the last of the build looks while binging on SHIELD.
This last season of SHIELD was pretty impressive IMO... especially the Agents of HYDRA section.
Ghost Rider was handled well, and the effects I found better than the movies...
I liked last season too. But man, the television side of the MCU is expanding so much in the next year... its hard not to be a little worried about quality control at this point... the Freeform stuff has me particularly nervous.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Tomorrow wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm Technically, the game specifically says you don't HAVE TO buy any mundane stuff like cellphones and your normal apartment with equipment points. Some builds do, particularly when the character in question has left over equipment points that the player can't rationalize putting into anything else. For other things, its just flavor for the character. In Miss America's case, I'm assuming the smart phone and multi-tool are being included because a Motorcycle with Navigation pushes you into Equipment 3, so having a little utility array with Pepper Spray, a smart phone, and a multi-tool is just sort of a waste-not-want-not thing. I'm assuming.

Edit: Of course, according to the rules, if you don't list a mundane thing and then want to use it in an action-relevant way (i.e. as effectively adventuring gear), you generally need to burn a hero point to have it available. In other words, Miss America having a smartphone as equipment is valid, if CC intends her to be doing stuff like calling for fire trucks or ambulances in the midst of a crisis situation, or pulling up an app of some sort in the middle of an actual pursuit. If the mundane thing is going to be used actively by your character during crunch-time, and you don't want to burn hero points every time you need it... listing it under equipment is not a bad call.
Where is this written? I can't find it. If you're referring to the "On-hand" rule, that only applies when you've forgotten to bring a piece of equipment along somewhere, suddenly find yourself in need of it, and thus wish to magically alter reality such that - surprise, surprise! - you actually did bring it.
Tomorrow wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm As for the Shield Bash, my understanding was that her Telekinesis is her strength. Her shield isn't bashing harder because she's putting muscle behind it, she's exerting telekinetic force through her shield. Similarly he shield throw has nothing to do with her actual throwing arm, it may look that way to a casual observer, but its her mind, not her body that is actually hurling it and allowing it to defy the laws of physics (as Spider-man might point out) with its ricochets. Unless of course CC decides they want it to partially strength-based, but it certainly doesn't have to be.
For the shield throw this makes sense, but a 'shield bash' implies the use of main-force, telekinetically enhanced as it may be, so if Miss America can't move her arms, the attack can't be performed. Of course, if the shield can be created floating in mid-air (unattached to her body) and the bash be performed purely with telekinetic force, then fair enough, it's a non-issue, but I didn't think that was the image CaptainChaos was going for.
Tomorrow wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm As for the the skills, again just CC's choices... but I was just assuming it was related to her Captain America idolization. A Cap-emulating girl (and later grown woman) would probably both know first aid and ride motorcycles. And a geologist having investigation ranks isn't that odd, investigation covers searching for stuff, it'd cover taking and analyzing soil samples and mineral deposits, if you're running around looking for rumors of meteor impact sites or hidden cave networks you'd probably gather information from locals. Again, just guessing here.
In hindsight, a hero that has specifically spent point on a vehicle is bound to be more than unusually skilled in it's use. A +7 mod on Treatment feels like the realm of a nurse than just first aid, and Investigation is typically more associated with forensics and whatnot. I'm probably just over-thinking things, but I figured it was worth a comment anyway.
Tomorrow wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm The Quirks are more placeholder reminders than actual cost breaks, as you'll note that both of the Alternate Effects they are attached to do not use the full 16 points allowed by the array (I guess you could list them as -0 Quirks if you wanted to, though in Miss America's build it presently makes no difference). They are simply there to note that if someone uses nullify or sufficient enough weaken toughness to shatter her shield, she obviously can't utilize those two alternate effects.

Similarly, Sustained is is not giving or taking away anything, its a +0 modifier which I choose to list under flaws for organizational purposes. Its just a semantic style choice like writing up an extended Teleport as either: Teleport X (Extras: Extended, Flaws: Limited to Extended) OR Teleport X (Extras: Extended Only). It makes no actual difference to anything, its just a matter of personal preference in how you want to write it out. You could list Sustained under Extras, or you could have a whole separate listing for +0 modifiers, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. I mean, marginally giving Star Guard the benefit of the doubt on knowing Sustained Duration on a Permanent Duration power is a +0 modifier whether its listed under Extras or Flaws.
I know it doesn't matter pints-wise, that isn't the point ( ;) ). If you intended the "Quirk" as more of a note, it might be better to write it as such, it'd be less confusing.
Tomorrow wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm Edit: Also, unless I'm missing an errata update or something, by-the-book, Sustained IS listed under Flaws for the Protection power in the Hero's Handbook. It makes no difference though, as again, either way, listed as an Extra or listed as a Flaw, its still just a +0 modifier.
So it is. A point to you, sir. I guess they figured it was easier than having a third 'Neutral' section after Extras and Flaws.
Tomorrow wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm Impervious 6 means your immune to random shots from light pistols unless they are being used with power attack/teamwork tactics (or getting lucky with a crit) against you. Most NPC street-level thugs have light pistols as their weapons by default. Also impervious makes Weaken Toughness effects less useful against her. And then there is of course added power stunt potential. With those extra 6 points, she could stunt Wonder Woman-ing herself across an area full of automatic weapon fire(stunt out the impervious ranks for sustained immunity 5 bullets) or Captain Amercia-ing herself out of an otherwise really bad fall (stunt out the impervious ranks for Immunity 5 falling damage)... both of which are classic shield-user stunts in the comics/movies and fit her kinetic energy shield descriptor well (so I'm pretty sure most GMs wouldn't bat an eye at them)... and thosee impervious ranks allow her to do them without also dropping her actual toughness rank while doing so.
Well, Toughness 8 does only resist Damage 3 55% of the time, it's true. On the other hand I would imagine most of those light-pistol wielders would be minions, and thus there's a good chance they'll be using team attacks/be treated as a group, which would circumvent the Impervious ranks. The better power-stunt potential I will grant you, however.

How does Impervious help against Weaken Toughness?
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Syncretik wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 pm Where is this written? I can't find it. If you're referring to the "On-hand" rule, that only applies when you've forgotten to bring a piece of equipment along somewhere, suddenly find yourself in need of it, and thus wish to magically alter reality such that - surprise, surprise! - you actually did bring it.
It's on the page before that in the box specifically talking about what you should pay for. That's where it says technically no, you don't need to spend points to have a cellphone or apartment (though owning lots of expensive stuff might warrant ranks Benefit: Wealth), however if you're planning on pulling it out int he field frequently it should be bought as equipment, and if you want bring something you didn't pay for out when its important, you should be spending a hero point to do so.
Syncretik wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 pm For the shield throw this makes sense, but a 'shield bash' implies the use of main-force, telekinetically enhanced as it may be, so if Miss America can't move her arms, the attack can't be performed. Of course, if the shield can be created floating in mid-air (unattached to her body) and the bash be performed purely with telekinetic force, then fair enough, it's a non-issue, but I didn't think that was the image CaptainChaos was going for.
By that logic, all close attack should be strength-based, even stun guns or pepper spray because you have move your arms to use them. A person with a telekinetically empowered or tactile telekinetic attack only needs to move their limbs to make contact with their target, nothing more. Once they've made contact, the power provides the force. In the case of a slam, yes, Miss America might be literally performing an actual physical slam to deliver the attack, but the output from her own physical strength is wholly irrelevant to the output of the attack, because her power is providing the force, not her body... her body is just the conduit the force gets channeled through. One way to think of tactile telekinetic attacks is like a stun gun that delivers blunt force rather than electrical damage on contact.
Syncretik wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 pm How does Impervious help against Weaken Toughness?
Weaken reduces traits by power points, not ranks, so the more points a trait has attached to it, the harder it is for Weaken to significantly impact. So a character with a Toughness Rank 8 (Impervious) hit by say Weaken Toughness 12, could at worse only be reduced to Toughness 2 (Impervious), while a character with only Toughness 8 could at worst be reduce to Toughness -4. So the character with Impervious Toughness is only reduced about half as much as the non-Impervious Toughness character. Similarly, a character with flawed Toughness is easier to wreak with weaken because there are fewer power points in their Toughness.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

A few comments on my choice for equipment and skills.

The equipment (multi-tool, smartphone, and pepper spray) was chosen mainly due to usefulness for her profession. When you are out in the countryside searching for meteorites or collecting samples it made sense to me for her to have such items.

Skills-I would have to double check the rules for treatment checks but my intention was basic first aid as might be required out in the field. I could probably drop a couple of ranks there. Investigation, as Tomorrow suggested, is for getting clues to find meteorites, working on soil and rock samples and investigating the results, getting information from locals, etc.

Shield Bash/Throw-My mindset is such that she couldn't use that ability if her arms were hindered in some way like a grapple or lack of space. Miss America would believe she has to move her arms to throw or smash something with the shield. She is still fairly new to her powers and I envision that as she gains experience, she would not be hindered by that.

Sleeper Hold-I wasn't exactly sure what to use for the degrees of success. Dazed/stunned sounds like it makes sense.

I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions for the build.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

My apology for no movement today as planned. I have been fighting granddaddy of headaches. Haven't had one like this in years. Likely just recovering from sunburn lack of food and sleep driving home from Florida to Indy. Will be hitting the builds again Wednesday and start campaign movement by next Monday.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

No biggie man, your health takes precedent. Get well soon!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think we're all pretty set in for the slow burn pace this game appears to be taking. S'all good.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Eight builds really hit the spirit of the campaign concept on the nose. I might ask for a tweak but none of which I have issues with the builds. Even the five that didn't quite hit the campaign beats as well were good characters and builds. The following is what I feel is my ability to handle for my first PbP as GM in four years. Actually it's more than I planned, so if you're in, expect some "homework", I'm going to ask for some unusual input from time to time.

CaptainChaos: Miss America
Todosker: Plan A
Zero Prime: Jaguar
Miss Ro: Red Nova
Epic: Hilda
Hero4hire: Hybrid

First bit of business. I want confirmation from those above that they are in. If you change your mind because I've taken so long I understand.

Second but if business. Start a thread formatted like this
Hybrid: Five Years Later
In that thread, it's the anniversary of the attack on New York this weekend. Create a setting in a downtown environment (parade, festival, museum, work place, etc) Any place with lots of people. Give us your thoughts (not a book please but more than three sentences :)) on the world since the attack and what you feel your place is in it at this moment.

You don't know it yet, but your life is about to change drastically ... Are you ready for what is to come?