Infinite New Vindicators OOC (M&M 2e)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: Infinite New Vindicators OOC (M&M 2e)

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:45 pm Thanks I was trying something different but if you feel it is too broken I am happy to change into a more standard brick setup.
He's not broken at all. If I thought he was, I would've given you suggestions for changes. One thing I would suggest is some "strength feats" to give him some combat options, but that can be extra effort or something he learns over time.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Gilliam wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:45 pm Thanks I was trying something different but if you feel it is too broken I am happy to change into a more standard brick setup.
At first I saw the build and cringed, but after actually looking at the build in its entirity (instead of just the powers) it more I see what H&H is saying.

Carnudo is really exceptional at one thing: Taking physical damage and shrugging it off.
And while he's really good at taking physical damage, and even fort saves, he's weak to psychic effects and especially to reflex.
So while he's really tough to hurt one way he has a weak point.

Leaping is thematic, and can lead to some amusement depending on what he lands on, but can't prevent bad guys from fleeing.

His melee is average, his ranged is lacking.

It's a fun concept that truly excels at one thing, which is his own niche helping him stand out, but still allows for weaknesses for the GM to exploit. I think it's pretty cool.

The only problem now is that we have a (super?) fat kid and a (super!) skinny kid. I'm sure no jokes will come of that ;~)

Well, I suppose two, what happens when a 580 lbs man leaps high into the air and lands on X?
I look forward to seeing this in action ;~)
And suggest that his Halloween costume is of Mario.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Arkrite wrote: The only problem now is that we have a (super?) fat kid and a (super!) skinny kid. I'm sure no jokes will come of that ;~)

Well, I suppose two, what happens when a 580 lbs man leaps high into the air and lands on X?
I can't imagine anybody making any jokes about Merle and Anton :D

And "Mario" goes without saying
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:21 am
Arkrite wrote: The only problem now is that we have a (super?) fat kid and a (super!) skinny kid. I'm sure no jokes will come of that ;~)

I can't imagine anybody making any jokes about Merle and Anton :D

And "Mario" goes without saying
I want to see Merle & Anton go as Laurel & Hardy for Halloween. :lol:
Shock

Post by Shock »

Are classes in session in August? When does the school year run?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:36 am Are classes in session in August? When does the school year run?
Yeah, classes let out for summer (Dec-Feb), the school year runs March-November with a mid-winter break in July (about 10 days) a "spring break" (for a week around Halloween) and a fall break (also a week) around mid-May.

EDIT: Just because people might not instantly recall it, the NVAoA is the only NVA in the southern hemisphere, which is why the seasons and school year are a bit different than the other academies.
Shock

Post by Shock »

“ThunderCats, ho.”
:lol:
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm
“ThunderCats, ho.”
:lol:
I wrestled with that a bit.

You know the Jackson Pollock joke from Guardians of the Galaxy? How would Peter Quill, someone abducted from Earth at the age of 7 or 8, have any inkling who Jackson Pollock was? It's a great joke, but it makes zero sense. Similarly, how does Thor know about adoption, considering that adoption came about in 1851? That "He is adopted" joke in Avengers makes little sense.

As I typed that, I thought, "Would Gaspar know what ThunderCats are? He's three years younger than my brother, who knows ThunderCats because 1) he's my brother; 2) we're related to Larry Kenney, the guy who voiced Lion-O; and 3) Toonami, but Gaspar is an only child born in 1991 and grew up in Spain. Would he know about ThunderCats?

It was at this point that I considered that I'm thinking about this a little too much and I really need a life. :-p
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Michuru wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 pmI wrestled with that a bit.

You know the Jackson Pollock joke from Guardians of the Galaxy? How would Peter Quill, someone abducted from Earth at the age of 7 or 8, have any inkling who Jackson Pollock was? It's a great joke, but it makes zero sense. Similarly, how does Thor know about adoption, considering that adoption came about in 1851? That "He is adopted" joke in Avengers makes little sense.

As I typed that, I thought, "Would Gaspar know what ThunderCats are? He's three years younger than my brother, who knows ThunderCats because 1) he's my brother; 2) we're related to Larry Kenney, the guy who voiced Lion-O; and 3) Toonami, but Gaspar is an only child born in 1991 and grew up in Spain. Would he know about ThunderCats?

It was at this point that I considered that I'm thinking about this a little too much and I really need a life. :-p
I probably would have had the same debate with myself. It's up to you whether that makes you feel better or worse ;}
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

For the record, did Obelisk ever deliver any of those, "don't hurt my sister or else" threats to Francis?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Michuru wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 pmI wrestled with that a bit.

I probably would have had the same debate with myself. It's up to you whether that makes you feel better or worse ;}
I suspect I'll wake up in the middle of the night, screaming in terror, following a dream that I am slowly turning into you. :-p
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 pm For the record, did Obelisk ever deliver any of those, "don't hurt my sister or else" threats to Francis?
Nope. Those were stereotypical, obligatory big brother threats, just a "shot across the bow" if you will. Guillerme and Louisa actually weren't that close.

Now they're even less close.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

A couple things...

Never let logic get in the way of a good joke.

I find it hilarious that Rafael/Carom got a sprained ankle. He's probably one of the 4 students with powers of a physical nature whom it is hardest to hurt. The other three being Desiree'/Counterpunch, Julio/Obdurate and Anton/Carnudo. A character with reflexive bouncing getting a sprained anything speaks to his determination to see Lorena. Little rubber horndog.

David is having dream problems? Awesome! I can work with this.

Finally, since we're 2/3 the way through the school year I don't think I'm going to cast another new player character besides Carnudo. Once we finish out the year and everyone goes on summer break, I'll look for a sixth player. Until then 5 will do just fine...unless someone contacts me and wants to play a student already at the school, in which case I'll send them that student's stats and they can boost their PP to cover the ground between where they are and a starting PC. e.g. Derelict/Pia Mendoza would require an 18pp boost to hit PC status, while Brava/Eva Seguin-Gutierrez would require 33pp. Some NPC's like Bad Trip/Ramona Chavez at 27pp [needing 93pp to hit pc status] were never meant to hit PC levels. Other NPC's, like Paramour/Rebecca Sanderson...yeah...they're staying NPC's because they'd be game breaking as PC's.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Poor Merle. His girlfriend's job is to put her hands all over everyone else at the school.
At its heart, it's a stress issue but dreams can definitely work into it. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:39 pm Poor Merle. His girlfriend's job is to put her hands all over everyone else at the school.
At its heart, it's a stress issue but dreams can definitely work into it. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it
Ah yes, but unlike RL in a game about SPB's stress can open you up to all kinds of...unusual problems.