Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: Conflux City Council chambers [Alecto]

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
Camus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:30 pm Alecto makes her way to the cafeteria, where no one would suspect of a non descript adminisitrative looking girl texting on her phone. Except this girl is no ordinary secretary. One of her contacts, a german spy keeping tabs on Conflux city has some particulary interesting intel. Yamamoto is always seen in the third floor at 3 pm, briefly, perhaps for less than 2 minutes, as she changes elevators. A sniper's dream, if it where not for the bullet-proof glass of the building. Bullet... and everything else-proof, suspected Alecto.
"Bullet-proof glass only protects from bullets coming from the outside." Alecto mused to herself, "If I could be somewhere on the third floor with a clear view of the elevator banks, I'd have a shot at her."

She deduced that she'd need to get to the third floor to scope out angles of attack and useful hiding places - for instance, somewhere an out of order vending machine would not look out of place. Or summon up a useful monster to hide on top of the elevator until its victim/lunch arrives.

And where the most useful exits would be for a quick escape.

"First things first - find a way up to the third floor without drawing attention to myself."
she reasoned, figuring that some floors of the building probably have restricted access.
MissRo

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo »

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Bruised 1

Pru scanned over the names presented to her by Starfish, a cold feeling in her gut as she recognized her husband's office address.

"Bloody hell, that's where my Tom works!"

She looked up to Myra, the concern plain on her face.

"I've got to check into this. Now. Will you be coming with? I can drop you somewhere if need be."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Starfish glanced down at her silent communicator; still no word from the solitary Owl. She pursed her lips. And forwarded the unanswered texts bearing the addresses to Yamamoto's assistant to Agent Owl's secure message service.

"I will come with you." Myra assured the teleporter.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins

"Brilliant," she said, relieved to have the backup. This job had very quickly gotten personal, and with no idea what she was 'porting into she wanted as little room for error as possible.

Pru took Starfish's wrist, and they were off.
Camus

Shamapki Manor (Agent Owl)

Post by Camus »

The Fist of Buddha easily shaked off Agent Owl's grip of the artifact, unaware that it had been marked with her invisible technopaint! "Pitiful." he remarks. "I have pressing matters to attend, your demise will have to wait. I regret that you have not proven to be a worthy adversary, Guardian." he adds, before rushing to the window and jumping off into the darkness of the mansion's gardens.

OOC: Have a HP for the creative use of your device. The battle is over, unless you can match up his speed 8.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Conflux City Council chambers (Alecto)

Post by Camus »

As you thought, the elevators are locked and ask for passwords to access to restricted floors. You'll have to hack the system in order to reach the 3rd floor, but there is also a surveillance system in the elevetor. Alternatively you could try to use the stairs, there are probably cameras there too, but the space is not so restrictive. Regardless, your time is running out...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

British embassy (Pru and Starfish)

Post by Camus »

Pru and Starfish warp right in front of the British embassy. Tom works for the ambassador of the queen in Conflux city. The building is new, but in the style of an old colonial English tall brick-house. There are guards on the entrance, and behind a set of black bar gate, lies the entrance. While Pru had been inside the building a few times, and could teleport inside if she wanted, protocol states that such an intrusion would cause trouble of international-incident proportions.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Re: Shamapki Manor (Agent Owl)

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

Agent Owl whipped out some Owl Talons and threw them at the fleeing monk, one embedded itself into the window frame, the other two went out the window and if Agent Owl had to guess, probably landed on the lawn. She clutched her abdomen with her free arm and tried to catch her breath, that was the best should could do to chase after the fleeing monk.

Or rather, the best she could do to make a show of chasing after the monk. It was a near thing, but the trap has been laid, and now more importantly was tending to the injured and reporting in. "Agent Owl to Starfish, do you read me?" she asked into the comm. The Atlantean hadn't responded when she first reported in, best make sure the comm works.

Agent Owl walked over to Shamapki to help the man the rest of the way to his feet as she finally centered herself, "Can you stand?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:49 pm Agent Owl
"Agent Owl to Starfish, do you read me?"

The comm buzzed through and Starfish connected it in time to hear Owl's report. She also noticed a missed notification and a message in queue. She held up a hand to forestall Pru's storming of the embassy.

"Starfish here, did I miss a call from you? We were dealing with a massive fire but I got a few leads on the conspirators. Angel's hurt though, bad. We're at the Embassy for your Land of Eng." the Atlantean says.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:03 amThe comm buzzed through and Starfish connected it in time to hear Owl's report. She also noticed a missed notification and a message in queue. She held up a hand to forestall Pru's storming of the embassy.

"Starfish here, did I miss a call from you? We were dealing with a massive fire but I got a few leads on the conspirators. Angel's hurt though, bad. We're at the Embassy for your Land of Eng." the Atlantean says.
"The Embassy can wait," Agent Owl replied, though certain that Starfish had her reasons, the relic and one of the monks making off with it was more important for quite a few reasons. "I attempted to head off the thieves by going straight for the Shamapki residence, unfortunately we had bad intel; the robbery was in progress when I got here, the relic's been taken."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins

Pru approached the guards at the front door, producing a piece of photo ID from the inside breast pocket of her overcoat. She offered it over.

"Prudence Perkins," she stated. "My husband is Thomas Perkins. I need to see him immediately. I'm afraid it's a matter of extreme importance."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:55 pm Agent Owl

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:03 amThe comm buzzed through and Starfish connected it in time to hear Owl's report. She also noticed a missed notification and a message in queue. She held up a hand to forestall Pru's storming of the embassy.

"The Embassy can wait," Agent Owl replied, though certain that Starfish had her reasons, the relic and one of the monks making off with it was more important for quite a few reasons. "I attempted to head off the thieves by going straight for the Shamapki residence, unfortunately we had bad intel; the robbery was in progress when I got here, the relic's been taken."
Myra scowled at the communicator. Certainly this was bad news. "Do you know where the thieves are or where they're headed? They are likely headed to one of the addresses I found for our opponents and the Embassy is a possible location for that. Besides, our teleporter's bonded mate works here and she's already gone inside. The sooner we absolve the Embassy as a location of ill-tidings the sooner we'll have her mobility back." Starfish says. "I really should go in and back her up."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Cameras, cameras everywhere, and not a place to hide !" Elene/Alecto groused to herself, "I can't attack directly, because I'd essentially have to give up my secret identity - and THAT is too valuable to risk at this time !

Hmmm, I wonder if I could get someone else to do the work ?

Or someTHING ... !"

She cautiously looked around for a location where she could be unseen and undisturbed for a few moments, and settled on a supply closet.

Making sure the door was locked, she summoned up the power of her Mystic Snake circlet and used astral projection to scout out the area between her location and the 'secure' third floor elevators. Finding a path that water could flow through, she returned to her body, and then channeled the power into crafting something from Chaos, the Primordial Void.

It required all her concentration (and most of her illusion power) to make the entity congeal in this world, but she succeeded - she had summoned a Primordial Ooze. A formless blob the color of eternal night that could corrode or consume anything it touched.

And she sent it after the Councilwoman. The ooze slithered up the walls, and poured through the few cracks between floors Elene has scouted out previously to the elevator shafts.
Powerstunted a Summon effect from her magic array.
Camus

British embassy (Pru and Starfish)

Post by Camus »

It only takes a few minutes before the guards grant entrance to Prudence. Starfish is retained at the entrance, "British territory mad´m." he says. Nothing she retorts seems to work. "Only Miss Prudence can enter based on her marital status."
If Prudence decides to leave Starfish at the entrance, she is led to the familiar corridors of the embassy, and eventually to the office of her husband. Knocking produces the surprised face of her husband. "Darling, what a surprise!" he says. Prudence can see behind her husband, she spots his computer and a couple of busy underlings typing on their respective machines.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Shamapki Manor (Agent Owl)

Post by Camus »

"Agent Owl! Thank goodness!" The elderly man stands up, barely. "I don't how did they manage to get here! He-he killed everyone! He took the relic! We must stop him, if they-" he pauses suddenly, gabbing his chest. You see his eyes widen for a moment, "I... I must calm down..." he says, attempting to sit down on the floor again.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ