Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism

"Oh thank goodness I'm glad to hear your voice." She breaths a sigh of relief

She listens as Collin explains and then answers quickly.

"We can look into that; but right now the team may need you in Hawaii, they've run into the Ultimate's out there and they're up to no good as usual. head for the Base we can get the Peregrine up and get you out there fast. bring you're new friend along if you think she can be trusted."

You guys are good and when youre ready you can advance to Hawaii and join the group shortly there after.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: Normal

"Nice." Chris smiled when the forcefield disappeared. He walked over to the machine Hornet had just shut off. "Unbreakable force field. I can think of a few better uses for something like this."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

Colin looks at the makeshift communicator and then back at Prism.

"Trouble huh? Do you think there will be room for another hero on the Peregrine"

He covers the receiver with his hand and looks squarely at Prism.

"How would you like a free trip to Hawaii"
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism
HP:2
"Trouble huh? Do you think there will be room for another hero on the Peregrine"

He covers the receiver with his hand and looks squarely at Prism.

"How would you like a free trip to Hawaii"
Valvalla offered Photon a solemn bow of her head.

”I own you a debt Photon.” she said seriously, ”I would not have found this den without you, and more of my people would have fallen into those monsters’ hands. If you desire aid, my Light is at your call.”

She offered a smile, her eyes glowing softly.

”I have heard wondrous things of this Hawaii. It would be an honour to see it for myself.”

She took a moment to regard the cavern again, before turning to Gretchen. ”The immediate threat has been dealt with; though it may be best if everyone avoided these tunnels for a while, just in case.”
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism

"Gretchen will do so, Gretchen will put warning signs so others stay away." the little goblin gives a toothy grin before looking at the area with a cold shudder,

The two heroes make their way to the surface where at Elenas instruction they head to the Oracle campus in San Jose where shes arraigned transport.

Its there that they meet a woman in a dark reddish costume with gold arcane trim who introduces herself as Arcanum, a member of Oracles team known as the Honor Guard. The attractive woman with mid back length Pink hair and soft glowing purple eyes nods at you in greeting and says shes been waiting.

She concentrates speaking words that seem to warp the very air and suddenly with a whomp and pull of the etheareal theres a rippling portal in the air beyond which a volcano roars and spits its fury to the sky.

"Aloha." she says pleasantly as she waves the two forward with a reassuring smile.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Hornet, Dragonfyre, Shock, and Magus

Having bypassed the force field trap, the four of you continue to advance deeper into the Volcanos depths. The head and pressure of the mountain growing in intensity as it does. At last the four exit the tunnel which seems to wind down forever, and as they do they enter what seems like a hell on earth.

The caldera of the volcano is alive with molten magma swirling and spewing in geysers. Flames and sparks rise up here and there as a massive wave of heat hits the four heroes like a blast from an oven.

Tony while not affected by the heat is affected by something more primal calling out to his dragons nature. This is the caldera; the ancient place of the Reds where their dreamselves spent the ages as they slept in between the periods when they woke and hunted. Fiery cataracts of magma and molten stone poured from holes in the wall into the great swirl of lava that made up the very molten core of the world. This flaming abyssal called to him and as he stared into it he saw it stare back as a pair of great amber eyes glowing brightly that stared into his very soul. Eyes startlingly familiar.

For Thomas, what concerned him was the nature of the hieroglyphs on the wall. the Closer they came to the caldera the more urgent those glyphs became. Warning of keys and locks and how the ancient evil would be released on the world if the chains forged long ago where broken.

One part though stood out, namely about the four pillars that secured the ancient Evil in its tomb sleeping and powerless, and how those four pillars were bound and protected by a fifth central pillar.

A pillar that was here, inside this very place.

Shock and Hornet weren't as caught up in the more arcane or etheric matters, they though did catch sight of their goal though. On an island in the middle of the great swirl of magma were the Ultimates. BInder was working away at a device in the center of the island, while the others adjusted 4 great metal coils which extended into the lava below or worked on the screen of field emitters that protected them from the heat and fury of the volcano.

As Binder made some adjustments on the machine there was a pulse sent into the volcano that was felt by everyone in some way or another. a rumble that shook the very mountain beneath them, and a more arcane pulse of energy that shook the arcane aether in all directions for miles.

Whatever was happening was happening soon everyone could feel the great pressure building beneath them, as events were reaching their climax.

an arcane lore roll might not hurt here

and Dragonfyre gets an Hero point since this is really going to affect him in a way.

Also I have a surprise potential plot point for Thomas that may be explored later if kas chooses to. ;)

Catsi stories
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hp: 2 Cond: Normal

Preserve The One That Is Four...Chains of Stone And Fire...Hold The Darkness Dreaming.... The hieroglyphs were all just different ways of saying Do Not Disturb, On Pain Of Darkness Everlasting. Thomas said as much to his fellow heroes as they continued deeper into the volcano. Then, at last, they entered the caldera. Thomas squinted against the wave of heat that washed over them. There, in the middle of Lake Hell, were the villains Hornet called the Ultimates. That one! That must be Binder!, he thought, seeing one of them operating the central console. As if in answer, a tremor ran through both the mountain and the aether. "Does he not know what Anubis wants? Or does he just not care?", he asks no one in particular.
OoC wrote:Expertise: Magic 1d20+12=31 HoodyHoo!
Did someone say Plot Point? I'd love a Plot Point right about now....
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

Colin nods and thanks the woman for her transportation assistance. A long flight to Hawaii did not sound like fun. Especially not with trouble brewing. As he steps through the portal, he explains to his new companion about his last trip to Hawaii.

"Last time I was here, there was also a volcano erupting. Then it was some nutjob who wanted to cover the whole island with lava so when it cooled, he could buy up all the property super cheap."

He pauses for a second then looks at Prism.

"He wanted to build wildlife refuge. It didn't occur to him that the whole place would be devoid of all plant life for decades."

I guess we should try and reach the others and see where they are at.

Once again, habit wins out and he reaches into his still empty pocket for the communicator that isn't there. He sighs. Tapping his earpiece, he tries to contact the team.

"Protectors, this is Photon. Elena sent me and another along as backup. Uhhm... where are you?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: Normal

"Well that's obviously go to stop." Chris stood as close to to the edge of the caldera as he could stand. "Think it's safe to blow up or are we going to have to turn it off?"

He keyed his comm. "This is Shock. We're in the caldera. If you're going to back us up, now is a good time."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism

Prism offered a respectful bow of her head to the woman as she opened a the way to their destination. The princess took a moment of awe to take in the view of the awakening volcano on the other side before floating through.

As Photon shared with her the tale of his last visit, her head shook in disbelief.
"By the Light. The foolishness of the wicked will never cease to amaze me." as the volcano rumbled, she regarded the mountian with respect, "though there is no doubt that there is power enough in the mountain to tempt the ambitious and the foolish."

Prism waited while her travelling companion made contact with the protectors. "Is the mountain our destination?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

"Most likely. We can start heading in that direction and hope they contact us with their exact location."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
LP: 2
Having bypassed the force field trap, the four of you continue to advance deeper into the Volcanos depths. The head and pressure of the mountain growing in intensity as it does. At last the four exit the tunnel which seems to wind down forever, and as they do they enter what seems like a hell on earth.

The caldera of the volcano is alive with molten magma swirling and spewing in geysers. Flames and sparks rise up here and there as a massive wave of heat hits the four heroes like a blast from an oven.

Tony while not affected by the heat is affected by something more primal calling out to his dragons nature. This is the caldera; the ancient place of the Reds where their dreamselves spent the ages as they slept in between the periods when they woke and hunted. Fiery cataracts of magma and molten stone poured from holes in the wall into the great swirl of lava that made up the very molten core of the world. This flaming abyssal called to him and as he stared into it he saw it stare back as a pair of great amber eyes glowing brightly that stared into his very soul. Eyes startlingly familiar.

For Thomas, what concerned him was the nature of the hieroglyphs on the wall. the Closer they came to the caldera the more urgent those glyphs became. Warning of keys and locks and how the ancient evil would be released on the world if the chains forged long ago where broken.

One part though stood out, namely about the four pillars that secured the ancient Evil in its tomb sleeping and powerless, and how those four pillars were bound and protected by a fifth central pillar.

A pillar that was here, inside this very place.

Shock and Hornet weren't as caught up in the more arcane or etheric matters, they though did catch sight of their goal though. On an island in the middle of the great swirl of magma were the Ultimates. BInder was working away at a device in the center of the island, while the others adjusted 4 great metal coils which extended into the lava below or worked on the screen of field emitters that protected them from the heat and fury of the volcano.

As Binder made some adjustments on the machine there was a pulse sent into the volcano that was felt by everyone in some way or another. a rumble that shook the very mountain beneath them, and a more arcane pulse of energy that shook the arcane aether in all directions for miles.

Whatever was happening was happening soon everyone could feel the great pressure building beneath them, as events were reaching their climax.

"Does he not know what Anubis wants? Or does he just not care?"
"Six of one, half dozen of the other." Hornet answered. "Binder thinks he's getting something out of this and that's what he cares about, everything he's doing is just a means to his ends."
"Well that's obviously go to stop." Chris stood as close to to the edge of the caldera as he could stand. "Think it's safe to blow up or are we going to have to turn it off?"
"I'm voting for shutting it off. Breaking it could make things worse."
"Protectors, this is Photon. Elena sent me and another along as backup. Uhhm... where are you?"
He keyed his comm. "This is Shock. We're in the caldera. If you're going to back us up, now is a good time."
"Photon, this is Hornet. That means we're down inside the volcano and looking at a group of bad guys working the machine that's making the volcano go all erupty." The shrunken hero adds, giving directions on how the newly arrived pair can catch up to the group.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon
Shock wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:31 am "This is Shock. We're in the caldera. If you're going to back us up, now is a good time."
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm "Photon, this is Hornet. That means we're down inside the volcano and looking at a group of bad guys working the machine that's making the volcano go all erupty." The shrunken hero adds, giving directions on how the newly arrived pair can catch up to the group.
"Kinda glad he explained that. Otherwise, I would have been Googling 'caldera'."

He flies off towards the directions Hornet gave, making sure not to outpace his companion.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism

Following Photon's lead, Prism soared off towards the volcano at top speed.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Dragonfyre
HP: 3 Cnd: Ancient Challenge?

Every step had been like moving through a delicious sauna...an inviting warmth that radiated to his core. At the same time, something was also stirring a side that Tony knew was barely kept in check...a side that wanted him to spread his wings and defiantly roar...a side that felt an ancient pull. Hornet, Shock, even Magus, they wouldn't understand the pull that was visceral....like a part of him was reaching out to the core of the caldera. They would try to define it with an equation or some mystical alignment. To Tony...to Dragonfyre, it was as if his soul was, well, erupting with the magma. He could feel every single surge as a pulse in his own heartbeat. To the Kaiju Protector, it felt like...home.

The rumble pulsed through Tony, straight to his core...then the etheric wave flowed over like an urgent breeze. Inside, something woke...something that wouldn't be ignored...something that wouldn't be suppressed. Inside, the Dragon woke...it woke and demanded to be heard...demanded to be acknowledged...demanded challenge. Unable to resist, Dragonfyre's wings snapped out, then downwards, launching him up. At that same instance, Tony opened his mouth and emitted a roar of rage and challenge. A roar of arrival!
Sorry for the long absence guys. I have reconnected. Now...sorry again. My interpretation of this Volcano is that it is pulling all of the primal strings in Dragonfyre. So, by my skewed logic, that means the teams pet Kaiju is going to roar. Initiative: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18