Conflux City Guardians [Council chambers -OOC]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nintendogeek01

Re: Conflux City Guardians [Council chambers -OOC]

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Welp, staggered on the first blow, no hero points, combat's pace is in his park, and how my luck skews in general; I'm screwed.
Camus

Post by Camus »

wulfgar187 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm Powers
Speed Stunts: Array - 28 points
>>>Vacuum: Burst Area Affliction 4(Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated), Concentration, Cumulative - 16 points
>>>Air Cushion: Movement 1(Safe Fall), Affects Others, Burst Area - 1 point
>>>Lightning Disarm: Burst Area on Strength for Disarming 2, Selective - 1 point
>>>Multi-tasking: Quickness 10, Dynamic - 2 points
>>>Rapid Strike: Multiattack on Strength Damage 2, Accurate 5 - 1 point
>>>Running Jump: Leaping 10, Quirk(Requires a running start, -1 point), Dynamic - 2 points
>>>Super-Sonic Punch: Strength-based Damage 6(momentum), Accurate 2 - 1 point
>>>Vibrational Phasing: Movement 3(Permeate 3), Dynamic - 2 points
>>>Vibrational Punch: Strength-based Damage 4, Penetrating 6, Accurate 3 - 1 point
>>>Whirlwind Attack: Burst Area on Strength Damage 2, Selective - 1 point
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 1(Friction Heat); Movement 3(Wall-crawling 2, Water-walking), Limited to While Moving; Enhanced Defense 16(Dodge 8, Parry 8), Speed 10 - 30 points
Alright, I finally reviewed your character. Story wise he is perfect, I like your motivations and complications. Your power array is where I am most worried. Several powers in the array are rather redundant, like supersonic and vibrational punch, and whirlwind punch and rapid punch. That is nor a real problem, more of a build note; if you want to spend points in them I will not stop you.
Additionally, your superspeed physiology only works when you are moving, so your enhanced defences will only work on reaction attacks, since when other players are taking turns you are not moving. While removing the limited flaw would make taking this power expensive, I don't believe it would be any useful. You could take your enhanced saves out of that power too, or reduce your points in the array to buy the power without the limited flaw.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm Welp, staggered on the first blow, no hero points, combat's pace is in his park, and how my luck skews in general; I'm screwed.
It indeed looks grim for our cowled hero!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Camus wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 2:24 pm
wulfgar187 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm Powers
Speed Stunts: Array - 28 points
>>>Vacuum: Burst Area Affliction 4(Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated), Concentration, Cumulative - 16 points
>>>Air Cushion: Movement 1(Safe Fall), Affects Others, Burst Area - 1 point
>>>Lightning Disarm: Burst Area on Strength for Disarming 2, Selective - 1 point
>>>Multi-tasking: Quickness 10, Dynamic - 2 points
>>>Rapid Strike: Multiattack on Strength Damage 2, Accurate 5 - 1 point
>>>Running Jump: Leaping 10, Quirk(Requires a running start, -1 point), Dynamic - 2 points
>>>Super-Sonic Punch: Strength-based Damage 6(momentum), Accurate 2 - 1 point
>>>Vibrational Phasing: Movement 3(Permeate 3), Dynamic - 2 points
>>>Vibrational Punch: Strength-based Damage 4, Penetrating 6, Accurate 3 - 1 point
>>>Whirlwind Attack: Burst Area on Strength Damage 2, Selective - 1 point
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 1(Friction Heat); Movement 3(Wall-crawling 2, Water-walking), Limited to While Moving; Enhanced Defense 16(Dodge 8, Parry 8), Speed 10 - 30 points
Alright, I finally reviewed your character. Story wise he is perfect, I like your motivations and complications. Your power array is where I am most worried. Several powers in the array are rather redundant, like supersonic and vibrational punch, and whirlwind punch and rapid punch. That is nor a real problem, more of a build note; if you want to spend points in them I will not stop you.
Additionally, your superspeed physiology only works when you are moving, so your enhanced defences will only work on reaction attacks, since when other players are taking turns you are not moving. While removing the limited flaw would make taking this power expensive, I don't believe it would be any useful. You could take your enhanced saves out of that power too, or reduce your points in the array to buy the power without the limited flaw.
Well as far as the array goes I was looking at having options for attacking, but can see your point...trying to catch the feel of what we see The Flash and other speedsters do in the CW show. Not sure if I'm ready to change it if it's not a deal breaker so to speak.
As for the Speedster Physiology I may have worded it wrong but the only part I was wanting the Limitation on was the Movement 3 portion of the power. If it helps I'll remove the movement power from the Speedster Physiology reducing the cost of the power to 27 points and add the following power.
Gravity-Defying Runner: Movement 3(Wall-crawling 2, Water-walking), Limited to While Moving - 3 points.

However if I have to I'll figure out some way to simply remove the limitation and free up 3 points elsewhere.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Sorry I haven't posted anything to further the character and/or it's placement into the game, but I just got out of the hospital for having my appendix taken out. I'll try to get to anything representing normal 'posting" soon.
Camus

Post by Camus »

wulfgar187 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 pm Sorry I haven't posted anything to further the character and/or it's placement into the game, but I just got out of the hospital for having my appendix taken out. I'll try to get to anything representing normal 'posting" soon.
Sorry to hear that man, hope you had a quick and painless recovery.
Regarding your PC, I know understand, I thought the limited was applying to the whole power not just that part.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Thanks for the well wishes, recovery is going good as far as I can tell. As far as the character goes it's no problem, I'm getting ready to go to see the doctor about my recovery and then spend the afternoon with my brother...when I get home I'll look over the sheet and what you mentioned previously and might change it around a bit. Whether I change anything or not I'll post once more here to let you know along with any information regarding change(s) possibly made.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Alright I've started my own character thread to make it easier to find Velocity for now...for now it'll include a version of Velocity with the purposed changes below. If the changes aren't allowed for whatever reason I'll edit it to be as it appears in previously in this thread.

As promised I looked over the build once more and have applied the following changes...note the last change is proposed to make it less likely to confuse anyone in the future about how his Super-speed and such works.
First Change
Dropping both Lightning Disarm and Whirlwind attack,,,adding Ranged Combat: Electrical Blast 4(+8)
Second Change
Replacing Super-Sonic Punch with Electrical Blast: Ranged Damage 8
Third Change
Removing the Movement portion of Speedster Physiology and adding the power Gravity Defying Runner: Movement 3(Wall-crawling 2, Water-walking 1), Limited to While Moving - 3 points
Camus

Post by Camus »

wulfgar187 wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 am Alright I've started my own character thread to make it easier to find Velocity for now...for now it'll include a version of Velocity with the purposed changes below. If the changes aren't allowed for whatever reason I'll edit it to be as it appears in previously in this thread.

As promised I looked over the build once more and have applied the following changes...note the last change is proposed to make it less likely to confuse anyone in the future about how his Super-speed and such works.
First Change
Dropping both Lightning Disarm and Whirlwind attack,,,adding Ranged Combat: Electrical Blast 4(+8)
Second Change
Replacing Super-Sonic Punch with Electrical Blast: Ranged Damage 8
Third Change
Removing the Movement portion of Speedster Physiology and adding the power Gravity Defying Runner: Movement 3(Wall-crawling 2, Water-walking 1), Limited to While Moving - 3 points
Awesome, I'll be making an intro for your pc shortly
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

No rush, finish whatever story-arc(s) you need to and I'll be here whenever you're ready to bring me into the game.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Let me know if you want anything rolled for that.
Camus

Post by Camus »

I believe you don't actually need to roll that, but if you'd like you could roll intelligence or awareness, unless you have a specific expertise skill

Prof Weird wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:01 am
OOC : Suspect I'm going to need a few rolls to do anything here ...
You are most certain!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Yeah, I'm fine with not rolling. Does Pru recognize any of the addresses?

If she doesn't, you can assume she'll google them to see if anything shows up that way.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Somehow I am unable to post in the IC thread, a strange URL forbidden sign appears every time I hit submit.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Fixed it.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ