The New Nook! Long Stride, Lovehammer, Whipsmart

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Skaramine

The New Nook! Long Stride, Lovehammer, Whipsmart

Post by Skaramine »

Putting together my reborn Roll-Call page.

*waves to the nice people*

My originals:

The A-Game.p
Armada:
Boneface:
Dragonstar:
Lovehammer:
Lovehammer version 2
Luminess:
Lumion:
A Man Called Mace version 1:
A Man Called Mace version 2:
A Man Called Mace Icons Edition
Poexy:
Requin the Wereshark:

The Gryphon:

Robin Locke:

Long Stride:

Whipsmart

Archetypes and other things:
Weaponmaster Gadgeteer (The Silver Sentinel):
Silver Age Femme Fatale (Delilah):
Silver Age Cyborg (Colonel Steve Austin):
Grown Up Sidekick:

Future Freedom League
Centuria: The daughter of another Centurion, protecting her new adopted homeworld.
Jonni Rocket
Moon-Son: Chase Atom all grown up!
Patriot: The 21st Century upgrade of Freedom City's patriotic crimefighter.
Scarab:
Spriggan: A high school jock survives a near fatal experience alongside his sister, and ends up as a fifteen foot titan fighting for justice!
Sprite: High school science student survives a near fatal experience alongside her brother and becomes a diminutive, but not dismissable, tiny winged warrior woman!
Storm Knight:

The Champions:
Defender
Jaguar
Obsidian
Quantum:
Seeker
Solitaire
Last edited by Skaramine on Thu May 10, 2018 2:48 am, edited 18 times in total.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

Re: The New Nook Rises!

Post by Skaramine »

For my opening offering, a return of my semi-first 3E character, rewritten a little bit and polished for my needs.

New Mace Writeup

My Original 3E Mace - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll 4, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Skill Mastery: Insight, Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+15), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise: History 4 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Insight 10 (+11), Intimidation 7 (+7), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 7 (+8), Ranged Combat: Magnetic Control 8 (+13), Stealth 3 (+7)

Powers
Magnetic Control
Hurled Mace:
Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged; Inaccurate: -2, Quirk: Requires Hand Weapon/Metal of Opportunity)
Mace Strike: Strength-based Damage 8 (DC 26; Accurate: +2; Quirk: Requires Metal Weapon of Opportunity or Mace)
Magnetic Manipulation: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Limited Material: Ferromagnetic Materials)
Magnetic Propulsion
Leaping:
Leaping 6+6 (Linked; [Stacking ranks: +6], Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour or 4 miles at 250 miles/hour in 1 minute; Custom: Can Hover)
Movement: Movement 1 (Linked; Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
Magnetic Enhanced Mace (Easily Removable)
Mace Tricks
Groundstrike:
Affliction: Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Stunned, Prone, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Extra Condition; Limited: Mace and Targets Must Be on Same Surface, Limited Degree)
Bootstrap "Flight": Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour; Stacks with: Leaping: Leaping 6+6)
Mace Whirlwind: Cone Area Move Object 10 (25 tons; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20; Limited Direction: Push or Pull, Reduced Range: close)
Whirling Mace: Deflect 12
Metal Weapon of Opportunity for Magnetic Control: Feature 1
Magnetic Senses: Senses 7 (Accurate: Radio, Detect: Magnetism And Ferromagnetic Material 2: ranged, Direction Sense, Radio, Radius: Radio)

Offense
Initiative +8
Affliction: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Hurled Mace: Strength-based Damage 4, +12 (DC 22)
Mace Strike: Strength-based Damage 8, +9 (DC 26)
Mace Whirlwind: Cone Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)
Magnetic Manipulation: Move Object 6, +14 (DC 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +15 (DC 18)

Complications
Identity:
Arnold J. Dolenz
Motivation: Acceptance: Feels that he is simply not good enough to be a hero.
Obsession: Must always correct mistakes, no matter what, no matter the cost to himself
Quirk: Prejudiced Against Himself: Takes failures personally, sees victories as "dumb luck"

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/4, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 29 + Advantages 13 + Skills 36 (71 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

> Arnold J. Dolenz wanted to be a superhero ever since he was a little kid. With big ears and a goofy grin and a not very athletic build, he knew he could never really be a caped crusader with years of training. When his mutant powers did manifest, he was overjoyed. He had the power of MAGNETISM! He could shift a ton and a half of mass with ease, and hurl chunks of metal with the force of a small rocket launcher. The trouble was, when it came time to fight crime, he found himself suddenly in the middle of the park during a chase. His sole saving grace was that he was able to disarm the criminals of their guns, but they came after him with tree branches and lead pipes (which he learned were not that keenly effected by magnetic fields).

Beaten to within an inch of his life, he was rescued by Morning Knight at the last minute. Daryl saw a kindred spirit in Arnold, and had the superhuman medic Remedy restore Arnold to full health. It was then that Arnold realized that powers weren't everything. Morning Knight was a living example of that. Flaming fists gave Daryl the ability to hang with superhumanly tough opponents, but his skills and training were necessary to keep him from being labelled a murderer.

Arnold began his intensive training, and bolstered his powers with equipment, namely his namesake Mace, a heavy duty metal club, and his chainmail. Now, mentally and physically equipped to handle the worst the world could throw at him, Mace, the Magnetic Ace takes to the night to battle the forces of evil.

> Mace utilizes his iron mace and magnetic powers for multiple effects. He has grown so skilled with the combination of his mace as a blast that hits with the power of a rocket launcher, or in hand to hand combat with even more ferocious force. The newer version of Mace has a natural built-in compass, as well as the ability to detect radio frequencies, magnetic fields and ferrous metals. Mace's iron club is considered a device, but has no actual attack traits inherent in it (though the "feature" is actually simply equipment - iron mace). When used, his magnetism grants it a structural integrity able to hit with power on scale with most paragons and powerhouses. With range, he's not as brutally powerful, but he is still quite skillful, and can use his mace indirectly, able to smack opponents from behind and by surprise. He also, being a comic nerd, emulates some old Thor tricks, like spinning his iron club so fast, he produces a powerful whirlwind, or smash the ground with enough force to hurl people from their feet.

> Movement-wise, the current Mace is a "hopper" without his epynomous club. He can clear 500 feet, and this lets him chase down almost all traffic without breaking a sweat. By emulating Thor, he can engage in four mile leaps (as well as beating almost any vehicle on four wheels). As Ace, the Silver Squire, (Morning Knight's sidekick), he generally did the jump and stick to walls.

> As Mace is a personal identification character, I've taken two favorite people to give him his character's name. Mickey Dolenz and Chris Barrie's wonderfully nuanced Arnold Judas Rimmer supply this lovable goof who won't quite give up his name. From Mickey, he has the mischevious energy. From Rimmer, he gets the depth of a bit of self-loathing (okay a lot) that he's not quite good enough to be a superhero, needing to have been trained by someone better, and needing tricks to give his natural abilities the versatility he needs to survive as a superhero.

> The new take on Mace comes from focusing on the fact that Dolenz can actually do most of his stunts with any old mass of metal as long as it's smaller than his "Move Object" weight. The mace itself provides a focus for his alternate Damage effects (in game terms, it's only a +2 club), as well as allowing him to jump further and pull off the Groundstrike and the Whirlwind.

This version is SPECIFICALLY one I'd take to a new game, as he's a plain old "starting level" character.
Last edited by Skaramine on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

Helpful Powersets:Insect Control

Post by Skaramine »

A discussion on Summoners elsewhere got me thinking about some characters who are particularly useful outside of merely "punch bad guy hard enough to set off car alarms in three counties."

So, I'm going to start putting up odd little powersets for the heck of it.

So, for your Insect Controlling Shrinker guy, a lot of people use a form of Summoning.

How about something a little bit cleaner?

Insect Control.

Powers
Summoned Insect Swarm
. . Deadly Focused Swarm: Damage 6 (DC 21; Extended Range 3, Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction, Penetrating, Secondary Effect; Limited: Can be dispelled as per Minion rules)
. . Helpful Swarm: Burst Area Move Object 4 (800 lbs.; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC 14, Extended Range 3, Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction; Limited: Can be dispelled as per minion rules)
. . Friends in Low Places: Remote Sensing 10 (Affects: Visual Senses, Range: 4 miles; Quirk: Only where Insects Can Survive)
. . Stinging Swarm: Affliction 9 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Increased Range: ranged, Secondary Effect, Split 2: 3 targets; Custom: Can be dispelled as per Minion rules)

Offense
Deadly Focused Swarm: Damage 6, +0 (DC 21)
Helpful Swarm: Burst Area Move Object 4 (DC 14)
Stinging Swarm: Affliction 9, +0 (DC Fort 19)
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool! I'll comment here so I'll get regular updates for this topic :).
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

So, the other day, I opened up my GM's Kit and Hero Lab and the Dice roller and put together something just random for a start.

Somewhere along the way with my "Gadgeteer" I was missing 4-5 points (and didn't want to be arsed to look for them.)

And then I saw that the Displacer field looked ALMOST exactly like the way some folks have designed the "Cap-Alike" shield - with Dodge and Parry plus Protection instead of Deflect. So, I erased the Displacer Field Belt, and threw in some more points in order to make a "fighting" shield, and threw the extra points left over into turning up the speed on his Magnetic Levitation Boots.

I finally had actually rolled the "Combat booster" set I wanted to build with as well, but there were no real "ranged" attacks.

If he's a gadgeteer, why NOT build a sort of rocket-propelled shield that can bounce off ten heads and fly back to his hand?

The Silver Sentinel - PL 10

Strength 5/2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 8, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
15 pt Headquarters 3, All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack 5, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Unarmed, Improved Initiative, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Skill Mastery: Technology, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+10), Expertise: Science 10 (+18), Insight 4 (+7), Investigation 7 (+15), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 6 (+8), Technology 10 (+18)

Powers
Bio Booster Suit: Enhanced Trait 22 (Removable, Strength +3 (+5), Advantages: All-out Attack, Close Attack 5, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Takedown 2; Activation: move action)
Magnetic Levitation Boots (Removable)
. . Leaping: Leaping 5 (Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour; Custom: Can Hover)
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Safe Fall)
. . Speed: Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Magnetic Levitation Shield (Easily Removable)
. . Batten Down The Hatches: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +6 (+14), Parry +6 (+14), Toughness +4 (+6))
. . Close Combat Shield: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 26; Penetrating 8)
. . Hurled Bouncing Shield: Ranged Damage 5 (DC 20; Increased Range: ranged, Shapable Area)
. . Hurled Shield: Strength-based Damage 7 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
Polymath: Quickness 4 (Perform routine tasks in -4 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental Tasks)

Offense
Initiative +10
Close Combat Shield: Strength-based Damage 6, +9 (DC 26)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 15)
Hurled Bouncing Shield: Damage 5, Shapable Area (DC 20)
Hurled Shield: Strength-based Damage 7, +2 (DC 27)
Throw, +8 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +15 (DC 20)

Complications
Identity: Lester Silverman, electronics repairman and comics nerd.
Motivation: Justice: For too long, the people of his neighborhood have lived in fear of the criminal element.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8/14 with shield, Parry 8/14 with shield, Fortitude 9, Toughness 2/6 with shield, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 42 + Advantages 11 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

-> Right now, I have a recolored black and silver 3 3/4 Iron Man figure with a Winter Soldier head (with the respirator also silver) carrying a Cap Shield as the base look for him. Long hair and goggles. I'm digging it. Leaves things open for some visual enhancements with some XP.

-> The same technology which boosts his strength and make his boot jets so quick formed the basis for giving him such a dangerous Shield, in both close quarters damage - A repulsory Magnetic Levitation Shield doing the hitting, not the shield itself, and to fly fast and deadly - to the point of hitting like an anti-tank weapon. Again, it's the field, not the shield generating it, which propels it so that it strikes so hard. He went with that kind of power for his shield because, while he might not be ethically willing to slice a human in half with his shield, he can certainly turn a drug dealer's $50,000 murdered out SUV into a pile of trash to send a message.

-> Of course, this guy was TOTALLY influenced by Captain America (or his gaming universe's closest Espy), but he went with black and silver for his costume motif, just to show a little more menace to the street level hoods he's initially going to butt heads with. I'm thinking maybe his shield could be black and silver... or all deadly black with a silver ring at the edge. I'mma see how I can paint it later.

So, sirs, what you think?
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

An edit from my earlier Silver Sentinel build's shield.

Magnetic Levitation Shield (Easily Removable)
. . Batten Down The Hatches: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +6 (+14), Parry +6 (+14), Toughness +4 (+6))
. . Close Combat Shield: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 26; Penetrating 8)
. . Hurled Bouncing Shield: Ranged Damage 5 (DC 20; Increased Range: ranged, Shapable Area)
. . Hurled Shield: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Split 1)
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

A Man Called Mace!

Post by Skaramine »

I'm NEVER satisfied with my characters. I must have two dozen Maces and even more "Lumions."

This is my more "baby Thor/Cap" style of A Man Called Mace.

All New Mace 2 - PL 10

This artwork is a gift from Kent Clark - that's his real name - aka Vagabondx on Deviantart. Had to show this off.

Strength 7/3, Stamina 7/3, Agility 6, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Agile Feint, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+13), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+10), Ranged Combat: Magnetic Mastery 6 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10)

Powers
Electromagnetic Radar: Senses 6 (Accurate: Radio, Acute: Radio, Analytical: Radio, Radio, Radius: Radio)
Magnetic Levitation: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour; Levitation Only)
Magnetic Mastery
. . 1 Magnetic Fields: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs., Advantages: Improvised Tools; Precise; Limited Material: Ferromagnetic Metals)
. . 2 Magnetic Pulse: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged)
. . 3 Whirling Mace: Deflect 13 (Quirk: Requires Warhammer)
. . 4 Whirlwind: Cone Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Extra Condition; Distracting, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Quirk: Requires Mace)
. . 5 Bootstrap Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Quirk: Requires Metal of Opportunity)
. . 6 Bouncing War Mace: Shapeable Area Damage 3 (DC 18; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 13, Increased Range: ranged; Quirk: Requires War Mace)
. . 7 Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Stunned, Prone, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Extra Condition; Custom: Instant Recovery on Hindered/Prone, Limited: Mace and Targets Must Be On Same Surface, Limited Degree, Quirk: Requires War Mace)
. . 8 Thrown Mace: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range, Inaccurate 4: -8, Quirk: Requires War Mace)
Magnetic Reinforcement: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Stamina +4 (+7), Strength +4 (+7))
War Mace: Strength-based Damage 5 (Easily Removable, DC 27; Inaccurate: -2)

Offense
Initiative +6
1 Magnetic Fields: Move Object 6, +14 (DC 16)
2 Magnetic Pulse: Damage 6, +14 (DC 21)
4 Whirlwind: Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
6 Bouncing War Mace: Shapeable Area Damage 3 (DC 18)
7 Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
8 Thrown Mace: Strength-based Damage 5, +6 (DC 27)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 17)
Throw, +8 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 22)
War Mace: Strength-based Damage 5, +8 (DC 27)

Complications
Fame
Identity
Motivation: Responsibility
Quirk
Relationship

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 13, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 44 + Advantages 7 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 150

> Arnold J. Dolenz wanted to be a superhero ever since he was a little kid. With big ears and a goofy grin and a not very athletic build, he knew he could never really be a caped crusader with years of training. When his mutant powers did manifest, he was overjoyed. He had the power of MAGNETISM! He could shift a ton and a half of mass with ease, and hurl chunks of metal with the force of a small rocket launcher. The trouble was, when it came time to fight crime, he found himself suddenly in the middle of the park during a chase. His sole saving grace was that he was able to disarm the criminals of their guns, but they came after him with tree branches and lead pipes (which he learned were not that keenly effected by magnetic fields).

Beaten to within an inch of his life, he was rescued by Morning Knight at the last minute. Daryl saw a kindred spirit in Arnold, and had the superhuman medic Remedy restore Arnold to full health. It was then that Arnold realized that powers weren't everything. Morning Knight was a living example of that. Flaming fists gave Daryl the ability to hang with superhumanly tough opponents, but his skills and training were necessary to keep him from being labelled a murderer.

Arnold began his intensive training, and bolstered his powers with equipment, namely his namesake Mace, a heavy duty metal club, and his chainmail. Now, mentally and physically equipped to handle the worst the world could throw at him, Mace, the Magnetic Ace takes to the night to battle the forces of evil.

> Mace utilizes his iron mace and magnetic powers for multiple effects. He has grown so skilled with the combination of his mace as a blast that hits with the power of a rocket launcher, or in hand to hand combat with even more ferocious force. The newer version of Mace has a natural built-in compass, as well as the ability to detect radio frequencies, magnetic fields and ferrous metals. Mace's iron club is considered a device, but has no actual attack traits inherent in it (though the "feature" is actually simply equipment - iron mace). When used, his magnetism grants it a structural integrity able to hit with power on scale with most paragons and powerhouses. With range, he's not as brutally powerful, but he is still quite skillful, and can use his mace indirectly, able to smack opponents from behind and by surprise. He also, being a comic nerd, emulates some old Thor tricks, like spinning his iron club so fast, he produces a powerful whirlwind, or smash the ground with enough force to hurl people from their feet.

> This version is more directly a "bootstrap flier." When he was the teenaged sidekick of the Morning Knight, he used a pair of C-Clamps that he hung onto as he propelled them (and used one as a throwing weapon). Now, Mace can hover under his own power while he waits for his War Mace to return.

> As Mace is a personal identification character, I've taken two favorite people to give him his character's name. Mickey Dolenz and Chris Barrie's wonderfully nuanced Arnold Judas Rimmer supply this lovable goof who won't quite give up his name. From Mickey, he has the mischevious energy. From Rimmer, he gets the depth of a bit of self-loathing (okay a lot) that he's not quite good enough to be a superhero, needing to have been trained by someone better, and needing tricks to give his natural abilities the versatility he needs to survive as a superhero.

> The new take on Mace comes from focusing on the fact that Dolenz can actually do most of his stunts with any old mass of metal as long as it's smaller than his "Move Object" weight. The War Mace itself provides a focus for his alternate Damage effects (in game terms, it's only a +3 club), as well as allowing him to bootstrap fly and pull off the Groundstrike and the Whirlwind, or just whip something big and heavy as hard and fast as an anti-tank missile. I also stole my own "mook sweeping" Shapable Area Damage from my Silver Sentinel. Because Mace loves pulling a Captain America as well as a Thor.
Last edited by Skaramine on Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

Lovehammer!

Post by Skaramine »

Lovehammer Warrior - PL 10

These were the rags she wore coming to our world. She's since discovered the joy of all manner of clothing. Currently, she has a mix of quilted leather sleeves and metal bands. As she is a modern woman, she changes her outfits quickly. Her most recent hairstyle is a pink hawk with one side of her head shaved.

Strength 7, Stamina 7, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 8, Intellect 3/1, Awareness 6/4, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Inspire, Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 5 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+9), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+9), Insight 4 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+12), Ranged Combat: Throw 2 (+8)

Powers
Battle Armor: Impervious Toughness 7 (Removable)
She Ogre: Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 STA, +2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size rank, +4 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Tactical Genius (Advantages: Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 3, Uncanny Dodge)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 12 (Linked; Traits: Awareness +2 (+6), Intellect +2 (+3), Dodge +2 (+10), Parry +2 (+10))
. . Senses: Senses 1 (Linked; Infravision)
War Mallet (Easily Removable)
. . Affliction: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cumulative, Linked: Damage: Strength-based Damage 5; Inaccurate 2: -4, Limited Degree)
. . Damage: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 27; Penetrating 5; Inaccurate 2: -4)

Offense
Initiative +6
Affliction: Cumulative Affliction 10, +8 (DC Fort 20)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 5, +8 (DC 27)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 17)
Throw, +8 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 22)

Complications
Fame
Monstrous
Motivation: Acceptance

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10/8, Parry 10/8, Fortitude 9, Toughness 10/7, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 46 + Advantages 9 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 150

I come from another world, a world where you humans are just one of many thinking, talking species. My name and rank are Maziah Hrr'koon, Captain of the Okkarron Imperial Guard.

And I'll have to say, I made it through the ranks by earning every victory and allocade.

On our world, the humans and the Okkarrons were at war, two Empires that hated each other across racial divides. Being among the elite of my army, I was sent on missions that taught me the truth about all the sentient people of our world - we were just puppets being jerked like puppets on strings, fed lies to feed bigotry. Humans were no more evil than my kind, except that our leaders had fostered enough hatred to make atrocities against those who were different to be no crime.

Nothing good or bad lasts forever. I and some of my fellow elite as well as a group of brave humans devoted to ending our senseless wars found the true master, the one inciting all this violence as a means of mass sacrifice to the darkest of gods. Our troupe suffered greatly, but I fought my way to him, and struck him with the Hammer of Love, crushing his skull to a squishy pulp.

His dying action was to abduct us all to an endless voice where I floated for a time I could not measure. Only when another sorcerer summoned a cadre of fearsome warriors he called "orcs" was I summoned here. Apparently, that's what you humans call us.

The thugs with whoom I was dragged to Earth were beasts of the lowest sort, as was the fell necromancer whose only redeeming quality was an inept summoning spell. With a mighty heave, I smote him with the Lovehammer as brightly clad warriors stopped the others.

These warriors, called super heroes, did not look upon me with prejudice. They accepted me.

My name is Maziah Hrr'koon. My title is Lovehammer. And my job is defender of my adopted world.

- Jab's comments about less than Swimsuit Issue bodies on superheroines struck a chord with me. I have my Lovehammer, and she is here. (I'll transfer the Heromachine image tomorrow night.)

- Technically, Maziah is more troll or ogre, so the summoner's spell was TRULY sloppy, much like his face was after she slugged him good and hard.

- Maziah is my idea of Captain AmericOrc combined with Hank Pym when he was stuck at 10 feet tall as Goliath, physically impressive, highly skilled, and wielding a neat weapon. She's one part Weapon Master, one part Super Soldier, with the combined mass and height of both. As such, she can manipulate her Caps easily, all the while swinging a big magic hammer and shrugging off damage with her magical armor. She can sweep through mooks like they were a bowl of pistachios (as Abbey once said, you can't eat just one), and also give a Powerhouse some serious bruising.

- Maziah hasn't learned many modern day technical skills, but she can read e-mail, warm up a mug of coffee, and knows which door to open on the fridge to get ice or a cold beer. (She loves cold beer, much better than the warmed over, fermented crap on her world. Even if humans do get skittish around her, she'll still side with humanity because of the beer.)

- She does well either alone or with a team, and being a former elite military officer, she can prove to be the cornerstone of a good team, boosting and improving. Note the Knowledge (Tactics) score. Alone, she can hold her own very well (especially with her feints - both regular and Startle), but working with a team, she's almost as magical as her big indestructible hammer.
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

Re: The New Nook Rises! (A Man Called Mace, Lovehammer)

Post by Skaramine »

Classic Quantum - PL 10

The lovely lady in the middle of the group with the lovely curls and off the shoulder outfit.

Classic Quantum - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 8, Dexterity 8, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit: Champions Membership, Benefit: Licensed Physician, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Expertise: Medicine 6 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+11), Ranged Combat: Inter Nuclear Forces 2 (+10), Treatment 6 (+8)

Powers
Inter Nuclear Forces
. . Quantum Blast: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Quantum Blaze: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Visual Senses Impaired only.)
. . Quantum Force Walls: Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20)
. . Quantum Snares: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
Inter Nuclear Forces
. . Quantum Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
. . Quantum Force Field: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious)

Offense
Initiative +8
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Quantum Blast: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Quantum Blaze: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Quantum Snares: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Throw, +8 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 20)

Complications
Identity: Starlyn Johnson
Motivation: Justice: Seeks to take downlowlives and criminals like the ones who hurt her brother and killed her parents.
Responsibility: Disabled younger brother.
Temper: Known as the Lucy Van Pelt of the superhero world.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 5, Fortitude 10, Toughness 11, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 47 + Advantages 5 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150

- Quantum from the Big Blue Book Champions. A straighforward energy manipulator with flight, and some unusual super strength due to the nature of buying up her Recovery and Stun, I suppose.

- I originally put her Fighting at 8 because OCV was for every fighting bit, close or ranged. But, she had no combat advantages, so, I dropped her fighting to add some. (Including Intimidation so she can startle thugs.) But now, she can "Haymaker" her Quantum Bolts as necessary. She's an aggressive fighter, and tough as leather. Personally, I'd have kept her fighting up there and given Quantum a close attack like Pulsar's power punch, but this was intended to be a more "true" translation, and despite that massive strength, we don't see Quantum slugging someone hard enough to send teeth flying, or if she does, it's against a mook, not giving Ogre a right-hook.

- I love Quantum. Solitaire is gorgeous, but Quantum just had ATTITUDE! She was angry, she was rough and tough, and she had a reason to be as hard on street thugs as she was likely to blast Mechanon drones into disparate cogs and springs. People call her "the Lucy Van Pelt" of the spandex set, but Lucy was just a bully. When Quantum showed up to clobber you, it was because your sorry ass EARNED A WHUPPIN'!

- And once more, 250 PP in Champions provides a nice balanced PL10.
Last edited by Skaramine on Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Doug.
Davies

Re: The New Nook Rises! (Mace, Lovehammer, Champions Quantum)

Post by Davies »

I'm a little confused why you don't use her individual illustration rather than one of the team as a whole, but well done all the same.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Davies wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:25 am I'm a little confused why you don't use her individual illustration rather than one of the team as a whole, but well done all the same.
I looked for one. I'm going to have to do some fan art maybe.
Just call me Doug.
Ken

Post by Ken »

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Skaramine

New Quantum Art, My Gryphon

Post by Skaramine »

The Gryphon - PL 10

Strength 6/2, Stamina 4/2, Agility 6/2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Improved Critical: Gryphon Energy Claws: Strength-based Damage 2, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Set-up, Skill Mastery: Insight, Teamwork

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+10), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+6), Expertise: Popular Culture 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Gryphon Phyre: Affliction 10 8 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10)

Powers
Avian and Feline Movement
. . Avian Energy Wings: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Quirk: Glow Brightly, Wings)
. . Feline Movement
. . . . Leaping: Leaping 3 (Linked; Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . . . Speed: Speed 4 (Linked; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Gryphon Energy Claws: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23, Advantages: Improved Critical; Inaccurate: -2)
Gryphon Roar: Perception Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, Impaired, 2nd degree: Stunned, Disabled, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Auditory, Extra Condition; Limited Degree)
. . Gryphon Phyre: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Visual Senses Only )
. . Gryphon Wings Shield: Deflect 11
Gryphon Senses: Senses 4 (Extended: Vision 2: x100, Low-light Vision, Rapid: Vision 1)
Gryphon Traits: Enhanced Trait 34 (Traits: Agility +4 (+6), Parry +4 (+11), Strength +4 (+6), Stamina +2 (+4), Toughness +3 (+9), Advantages: Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Move-by Action)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 16)
Gryphon Energy Claws: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 23)
Gryphon Phyre: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Gryphon Roar: Perception Area Affliction 6 (DC Will 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 21)

Complications
Motivation: Justice
Temper
Wanted By The Law: The Gryphon is a hard edged, angry vigilante who do not enjoy his roughness.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11/7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 9/4, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 62 + Advantages 9 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 150

Back in the day when I lost the luster of a cosmic Powerboy/Luminator, I "downgraded" ol' Loomie into The Gryphon. He had light powers, but they only worked at close range (laser/flame claws) or were a blazing, dazzling effect, a la Jubillee's best light shows. He was a "street" level hero, tough enough to survive being hit by a car, but not bullet proof nor invulnerable.

Thanks to a discussion over in the Jabverse builds, I decided to write this version up in Herolab, and created him in Fabrica De Herois 2014. 

The wings were more bright light, something I carried over into Dragonstar.

If you look closely, he's a mimic with 80 points of totem powers and a few skills plugged into him.

At 3200lbs of lifting, he's still the "unstoppable rampaging horror" that a Werewolf by Night or Frankenstein's Monster could be, but faced with a truly powerful foe, he's going to have to move quick and avoid being hit while hit and running all over the place.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Re: The New Nook Rises! Quantum Art and My Gryphon

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! I still find it funny that we ALL have "Gryphons" out there. So your guy is more of a low-end scrapper-type, mixed with PL 10 Blaster/Affliction stuff?
Skaramine

Re: The New Nook Rises! Quantum Art and My Gryphon

Post by Skaramine »

Yup, except he seems to either not trust his distance accuracy, or he's so aggressive that he uses laser claws.
Just call me Doug.