Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:06 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 4/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: 1 bruise


Though the blasts whizzed by her Dusk barely turned around fast enough to react to the first few strikes from Phalanx, using her shield to deflect the first few before using her shield to try and shove him away, unfortunately he managed to get inside the thrust and land a powerful spinning kick to her jaw that caused Dusk to stumble back!

OOC
--------------
Dice-roller... hates me... 1d20+10 = 11

Well I say %@$& you too dice-roller... %@$& you too... 1d20+10 = 21 ... still the minimum I could get on a re-roll... this is gonna be fun... :roll:
--------------

The colonel clenched her teeth and resumed her fighting stance, she could taste a hint of blood in her mouth but nothing overpowering. With her shield angled downward in front of her and her sword partly concealed behind the shield she glared at Phalanx, "Let's find out."

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Sebastian
HP: 2 -> 1

The magic swirled, and Sebastian fought against it. The aetheric winds of the dimensional energies that whipped about the gold bullion from the might of the teleportation spell were almost overwhelming. He could see the spin of power and the course he would need to take to disperse the magic from flowing as it should, but returning it to nothingness... that was proving to be more difficult than he had expected.

The Shadowman had expected resistance from the ritual-spell used by the thugs. It was only natural - magic liked to flow, and impeding that flow was incredibly difficult once it had gotten started. Which was why Sebastian had been trying to divert the flows instead, and dissolve all that movement in the magic. But whoever had developed this ritual was clearly quite experienced. That spoke of practice and talent, not just the workings of someone who studied the Arts. Where before the notion the goons raiding the vault had back-up was a suspicion, now Sebastian was assured. Whoever devised this was skilled enough to make it simple for idiots to use, but powerful enough for the flow to resist Sebastian's initial efforts. The sorcerer chided himself for his hubris, and put his utmost effort into deciphering the runic flows, and predicting the way the aetheric winds would flow at his prods and shadows whirling to disrupt and confound.

In the end, it took more effort than Sebastian had thought he'd need, but the result was yet worth it as the swarm of darkness he commanded to whirl in counter to the ritual spell ate at the aetheric winds and restored them to nothingness to baffle the spell.
Teleport Power Check to Counter: 1d20+12=15
Yeah, I'm going to spend an HP to try that again.
Re-Roll: 1d20+12=31 Much better.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Everyone

Sebastians sudden appearance surprised Cohort who watches the Shadow Man undo his carefully prepared work.

"DAMMIT !! You'll pay for that!!" He curses outloud "I knew we shouldn't have trusted that Witch!" he snarls more to himself then anyone else.

In retaliation Cohort sends a blast of energy at Sebastian with both fist blazing.

The other two Cohorts continues to blast away at Dusk who he clearly sees as a dangerous threat. Oen of them fires a series of Rapid fire blasts at Dusk that he uses to attempt to distract her while the third takes his time and lines up a more powerful blast that he unleashes when her backs turned

Ok Portias aid action is successful and Dusk has a bonus against Phalanxes attack

Sebastian does successfully stop the ritual and if Ken can give me an expertise arcane check he will discover some new info.

Cohort 1 blasts Sebastian _: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
:shock: ow have a hero point for that ow just ow that's a DC 32 impact ow sorry ow

Cohort 2 will use multifire blast as an aid action his action _: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25
is successful and he adds the full +5 bonus to #3s action

Cohort #3 will power attack -3/+3 and add a +5 bonus for the aid and a standard blast _: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
I believe that hits right on the money if so that's a DC 30 impact.

Portia 26
Cohort 25
Sebastian 23
Phalanx 20 1 down 2 up
Col Dusk 10
Oaf 9 (heroes first)
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 demoralized
Uplift 7

Sebastian is up barring his toughness save and Expertise arcane check.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:19 am

The Shadow-Man
HP: 2 Cond: -1 Bruise

Still riding the adrenaline high of channeling so much mystical power while mentally straining to calculate the precise methods of nullifying the teleportation ritual spell, the Shadow-Man was a little preoccupied with perceiving the strange qualities of this particular brand of teleportation ritual - there was a particular scent to the magic, and it irked his curiosity.

But when one of the energy-blasters started shouting, it got his attention. "Witch"... while shouted in anger, it did mean that whoever supplied the spell was a women. That cut things down.

And oh, look, the man was shooting a blast of energy at him! That's quite a lot of power being thrown about. Probably enough to rival a missile strike. Wouldn't want to be the poor bloke on the other end of that blast.

... Wait.

Thrown off the bullion by the blast of raw force and energy, the Sebastian slammed backwards from the explosive power that impacted him right in the gut. The air left his lungs, eyes going wide in shock as the sorcerer was bodily flung from his position, and knocked out of sight from the other side of the large stacks of golden bars.

Fortunately for the sorcerer, he landed on a plush carpet from Mongolia which broke his fall. Unfortunately, it was very close to the tiger-painting, and Sebastian really didn't want to get the thing in there excited.

No matter. The Shadow-Man gathered his powers about his own fists, clothing ruffled and hair a mess, standing back up as he grumbled at the Cohort-triplets that had attacked him.

"That hurt. Let's see how you like it!"

Shadow magic blazed from the sorcerer's fingertips, streaking towards the blaster with a vengeance. The shadow magic howled and screamed in whispers, promising silent misery and pain of retribution. And as dark magic goes, revenge is quite the powerful motivator, as the ebon tendrils blasted force with the inexorable advance of a tsunami.
Toughness 1d20+9 = 27 That was lucky. Just barely one degree failure. Bruise, -1 to further Damage Saves

Arcane check 1d20+14 = 24 Sorta normal.

For Sebastian's action, he'll stand up, looking like he didn't just take the equivalent of a missile to the face, and fire a blast of his own at the Cohort that blasted him. Power Attack -/+2 1d20+10-2 = 28 Wow. Critical hit right back at him. DC 32 Toughness save... oh, and that's a Multiattack blast I hit him with, so add on the Multiattack bonus too.

:twisted: Revenge is sweet.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Sebastian

The arcane shadow slashes through the air and washes over Cohort with an eerie howl that seems to cause an afterimage of him to be ripped out of his body before it snaps back in as if the shadows took something with them as they passed. Cohort drops to his knees coughing and shuddering violently as the deleterious effects take hold.

Oh yeah it hits big time

Cohort #1s save _: 1D20+12 = [7]+12 = 19
that's a fail by 13 and three degrees. for a bruised x1 and a staggered and paybacks a bear :D

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Everyone

As Portia engages in her lethal dance the chair whirring through the air with a vicious HUMMM. The Phalanx on her whips, ducks and dodges with admirable skill, almost as if her were born to the Martial Arts, Portia can discern no distinct style to the man but his every move is crisp and clean as if he'd had decades of training and practice.

Still Portia can see the weakness of his abilities as his ego overrides his skills and telegraphs his attacks, in this case a series of kicks and punches and a wild leaping superman punch that Portia easily dances away from leaving him swinging at nothing but air.

The other Phalanx continues his own tango with Colonel Dusk whose no nonsense fighting style contrasts wildly with his own undisciplined attacks. Each find them self breathing hard as they attack and counter attack, block and parry dodge and strike. Both now bleeding from busted lips and each sporting a shiner under a different eye.

But Like Portia Dusk can see a weakness in the mans style. Phalanx despite his ability to duplicate himself and being part of a team of duplicators, has a tendency to fight on his own as if he were grabbing all the glory for himself. Colonel Dusk though is part of a team, and she fights with them.

Dusk is able to see Portias actions for what they are a calculated dance that causes the phalanx attacking her to have to back off a power swing that would have broken her ribs instead shes able to see it coming and deflect the sloppy off balance kick with her shield.

Now Dusk can see both Phalanxes are vulnerable and she has a juicy choice of targets ripe for the plucking.


Phalanxe #2 will attack Portia during her aid action he'll power attack for -3/+3 _: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13
and miss spectacularly

Phalanx #3 will attack dusk again power attacking for -3/+3 _: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
does not hit Dusk

and speaking of which the Colonel is up barring her toughness save at the reduced rank, don't forget your HP. :)

Also remember that Dusk is +5 to hit EITHER Phalanx as Portias distraction counts for both of them.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 3/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: 1 bruise


Whilst Portia was keeps Phalanx occupied Dusk catches a glance of one of the Cohorts moving to flank her! Dusk raises her shield in time to block the blast of the flanking Cohort, but the best she could do for the other one was raise her sword arm up and make her head a more difficult target! Luckily the blast strikes her torso at an angle to where her armor has little difficulty deflecting the brunt of the blast!

Fortunately Dusk choosing to use her shield to ward off the flanking blast left her with a clear line of sight to keep an eye on Phalanx, and just when he got an opening to throw a kick Dusk is able to twist around in time to intercept the kick with her shield! Dusk quickly steps inward and thrusts the sword out from behind her shield! Off-balance as he was Phalanx could still step away from that thrust, however the shield concealed just how little of that thrust was Dusk's arm, a mistake he realizes when the shield moves aside and Dusk's sword-arm suddenly whips outward to slash at Phalanx!

"Rah...!!!" Dusk cries out as she dashes past Phalanx, skidding to a halt amidst the battle in a better position where she could take stock of the unfolding chaos around her.

OOC
--------------
Toughness: 1d20+9 = 28

Standard Action: Attack the Phalanx that has been engaging me in melee, no modifiers save for the aid bonus: 1d20+15 = 20. Ack... don't like just blowing through luck like this but I have a feeling this guy is defense shifted... and let's not waste a good aid check. Re-roll: 1d20+15 = 23 +10 = 33

Result of Standard Action: If the attack check is successful, Phalanx must make a DC25 toughness save!

Move Action: Not sure it's necessary but going to move to a position that Dusk can be sure she can interpose for any teammate as necessary.
--------------

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Dusk

The Phalanx harrying Dusk is caught off guard by the poke and is left flat footed when Dusks sword arm lashes out like a viper and strikes. The blade biting into his rib cage. However he proves to be a canny fighter as he twists his body almost instinctively to avoid the worst of a blow that would have split him in twain.

"ARRRGG!!" he roars in pain as he staggers backwards

Good thing on the reroll it hits

Phalanxes toughness save _: 1D20+ 7 = [12]+7 = 19
2nd degree fail by 6 and a bruised x1 and a dazed.


Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Everyone

"Oaf smash puny men more times then puny man has men to make!" He snarls in that deep guttural bass before winding up and letting fly with a brutal haymaker that collides with one of the Battalions with a Wince inducing CRUNCH that catapults the smaller man clean across the room past Sebastian and into the wall with an even more wince inducing CRUNCH that actually leaves a spider web of cracks around a bodily indentation in the wall.

The clone simply fades away having been rendered unconscious before impact.

The other two Battalions each gulp but rush to each others aid One tries to leap onto Oafs back grappling with larger man in a vain attempt to choke off his air supply but Oaf merely shrugs his massive shoulders and flings the smaller man away.

However this is enough of a distraction that the third Battalion is able to let fly with a reckless haymaker that collides with Oafs prgonathian jaw with a sound like a gunshot going off.

Oafs only response though is to move his jaw around and spit out a miniscule amount of blood before he turns and looks at the Battalion who struck him with murder in his eyes.


Oaf is going to bash one of the Battalions with a -1/+1 power attack and a +5/-5 all out attack _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
a 26 hits for a DC 30 impact on one of the other ones

Battalions toughness save _: 1D20+12 = [1]+12 = 13
:shock: uuuuuummmmm yeah hes OUTTA THERE! almost literally.

Battalion 2 and 3 attack Oaf one with a grapple and the other with a hard punch full -5/-5 power attack _: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20


Battalion 1 hits and begins his grapple with oaf

Battalion 2 hits for a DC 32 hit regardless.

Just realized bothw ere demoralized but they would have hit regardless.

Oafs strength check _: 1D20+20 = [4]+20 = 24
easily made he resists the grab

Oafs toughess check _: 1D20+14 = [16]+14 = 30
fail by 1 degree and oafs first bruise of the fight

Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered , 2 fine, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 fine
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 demoralized, 3 down
Uplift 7

Uplift is up the sounds of battle having broken through to him.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Uplift

All the shouting and fighting broke Uplift's concentration on the inner workings of the computer as he realised he was in the middle of a fight, or at least his team were.

"My apologies, let me apply some leverage to this situation." he apologised over the comlinks

His fingers danced over the keyboard as he attempted to remove the duplicators permissions from the security system,


ooc
will save: 1d20+8 16
presuming that is enough as we never set a DC
computers: 1d20+18 29 - removing the villains from the approved people so the security system will now regard them as a threat - as I have legitimate access, this shouldn't be a problem

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Uplift
My apologies, let me apply some leverage to this situation." he apologised over the comlinks

His fingers danced over the keyboard as he attempted to remove the duplicators permissions from the security system,
Its as Uplift is working his technological magic that he suddenly discovers a new problem. Someone with Admin level access has revoked the teams security clearance and instructed the vaults security to recognize the Team as Threats. Its also recognizing the Overrun triplets as legitimate security.

The vaults screen is now flashing warnings at Uplift alerting any security personnel to a major breach of the vault and that its beginning level three security procedures.

will save is sufficient fairly mundane though advanced piece of equipment, alien tech or something like that might rate a higher save.

Heres where things get tricky though the roll actually fails barely,

Uplift finds himself locked out of the system by an outside user with Admin level access.

As only 2 people have that access the Security chief and Aignesworth the guy who owns it all..

Have a hero point for the complication.

The system now recognizes the team as a threat. Its classifying the Overrun triplets as recognized security.

It will require a DC 30 tech check to override the system and regain access after which he'll need to stop the security precautions which include alerting local Authorites and Aegis Superhuman response forces

and were back to the top and Portia
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 am

Portia
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Portia looked around, taking stock of the situation.

Sebastian had shrugged off a very solid hit - and returned one of his very own. Leaving one of the Cohorts staggered.
Oaf had sent one of the Battalions flying across the vault with a single hit; suspect he will not be getting up any time soon.
One Phalanx was down, another bruised, another just fine.

"Must remedy that situation ..." she mused to herself as she went on the attack.
Trying a power attacked Whirling Chain barrage -2/+2, +12 to hit for +8 damage : _: 1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31 - pretty sure that hits, AND is a critical thanks to Improved Critical (kusari).
That's a DC (15+8+5) 28, plus whatever bonus the multiattack adds in !

"Maybe I should hold back a bit - we need these guys to escape so we can get a lead on the mastermind behind this ..."

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Uplift

Oh bugger he thought, another problem to fix.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I don't mean to concern you, but we have just been made enemies in the sensors of the security system. If everybody would be so kind as to watch their backs." he explained calmly and politely

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Everyone

the Phalanx facing Portia tries his best to avoid the rapid fire barrage of chain,and hand strikes, kicks and other blows but Portias rapid fire attack is more then even his natural combat ability can handle and a final blow lands that renders the Duplicate unconscious and it fades away. The last Phalanx continues to try to break Dusks defenses but cant however his enthusiasm for battle doesn't seem dimmed at all, in fact he seems to enjoy the prospect even more.

"S**T! Cohort snaps As he sees his plans unraveling "Focus fire on the Swordswoman!!" He snaps

The other two Cohorts both act and all three attempt to take the leader out of the fight

The three Blasts converge on Dusk as Phalanx leaps backwards out of the way. Theres a glaring light and miniature explosion but as the smoke clears Dusk stands there untouched as her shields energy glows brighter then fades back to its normal sheen.

That hits like a truck and Phalanxes toughness save _: 1D20+ 7 = [5]+7 = 12
BOOM hes out and done.

The only phalanx left has Dusk to deal with.

The three Cohorts will use a team attack one will Power attack for -3/+3 while the other 2 will accurate Attack +2/-2

Cohorts 1-2 _: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13


Cohort 3 _: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
and that's a miss

Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered , 2 fine, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 Down
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 demoralized, 3 down
Uplift 7

Mr Sebastian is up :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:45 pm

The Shadow-Man
HP: 2

"So, what's that supposed to mean?" Sebastian called out over the comms as he directed his magic to form a claw of darkness before sending it flying through the air to slam the Cohort nearest to him into a wall, making sure to keep the shadows around him swirling to defend at a moment's notice. "Because my security system involves stuff like flesh-eating plants and books that steal faces and eat them."

"... Seriously, tell me it's not something that eats faces. Because I don't have the counter-curse to fix that memorized."
Use Defensive Attack -/+3 on my Blast to attack Cohort (i believe the injured one was closest). 1d20+10-3=26 for DC 25+Multiattack Damage, Dodge/Parry now 14.

Post Reply