The (Mostly) Comic Art of AWRowland

For those with an inclination towards visual arts.
Horsenhero

The (Mostly) Comic Art of AWRowland

Post by Horsenhero »

This thread will feature the comic art of Andrew W. Rowland aka Horsenhero...once I figure how to upload pics. I just wanted to get this prepped in advance.
Horsenhero

Re: The (Mostly) Comic Art of AWRowland

Post by Horsenhero »

Cover treatment featuring Steel Wolf, Valiant and Apophis. Steel Wolf is copyright of Eric N. Bennett. Valiant & Apophis are created by and copyrights of Andrew W. Rowland
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

A quick story featuring the "Empyrean Command". The Empyrean Command is a hero team consisting of Steel Wolf, Ravensong, Auren, Valiant & others not featured here. In this story: Steel Wolf, Ravensong & Auren are created by and copyrights of Eric N. Bennett. Valiant, Showstopper, Hand of Glory and Apophis are created by and copyrights of Andrew W. Rowland. The Empyrean Command is jointly copyrighted by Eric N. Bennett and Andrew W. Rowland.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

A trio of Valiant cover treatments. Valiant, Synthetik, Aldebaran the Planetary Man and Outkaste the Annihilator are created by and copyright of Andrew W. Rowland. "Valiant" logo designed by Eric N. Bennett. Cover treatments by Eric N. Bennett.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Some epic pieces of artwork and storyboards for the full comic pages. Very interesting characters to be able to work with.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Psistrike wrote:Some epic pieces of artwork and storyboards for the full comic pages. Very interesting characters to be able to work with.
Thanks! I have a fairly developed portfolio of characters, plus many of my fellow creators on DA have trusted me with their characters from time to time. Eric is probably my most frequent collaborator because his graphic skills help cover for my lack of skill with lettering, logos and other graphic effects. Hopefully I'll be able to post to this thread regularly enough to show off some of these collaborative efforts.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice! Sequential art is a BITCH to get right, and you do the trick. Solid character designs, and unlike many artists- the ability to draw hands!

Also, it's GREAT to see you on the new forums, Horsenhero! The more of the "cool" posters we get, the better. We can make this place just like the old one.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Yeah, I'm here to do what damage I can (within the ToS). Seriously though, I expect to get an early ban from RA, since I let them know I'd seen the original messages and supported BGIII and thought shutting RA down is for the best.

Plus, I got to be the first thread started in the art forum. Woo hoo!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Next up, the only 4 pages of a story that died during editing and rewrites. Still, more lovely lettering by Eric N. Bennett, so I have to show off what's actually there.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I miss seeing nice, clean art like this in new comics. Your stuff looks great, HH.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Thanks Ken! My art tends to be pretty old school...actual pen to paper before scanning and digital effects. I'm not very inspired by a lot of the newer styles out there. My personal idols are guys like Wally Wood, Dave Cockrum, John & Sal Buscema, Gil Kane, etc.
Ken

Post by Ken »

It shows, and it's awesome.

I love the "Kirby-crackle" energy effects on Valiant. I have to think that those are a female-dog to actually do.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ken wrote:It shows, and it's awesome.

I love the "Kirby-crackle" energy effects on Valiant. I have to think that those are a female-dog to actually do.
Yeah...after a couple panels of Kirby-dots, my respect for Jack jumped about ten fold.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Another pic of Valiant, with supporting cast members Sundown and Outkaste the Annihilator.