The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

Once more, the girl reaches out with her mind, fighting off her instinctive flight or fight response. "Stop this. We did not come here by choice. Why are you hunting and herding us?" she asked the alien, reptile minds she barely understood. But the more she spoke to them, the more familiar they became. Quick, clever, oh so very clever and pack oriented, like houndour or houndoom.

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150397 persuasion 19 (I know it says kyra. I meant Amy.)
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon & Sherlock
HP: 2

"I don't think the fellow in the shadows ever saw Jurassic Park." Shannon says. "But since I seem to have misplaced a squadron of marines in battle armor with plasma rifles, I suggest listening to him for now."
OOC: Unless you want me to make a check of some sort, I'm just going to roll with between Well-Informed, Eidetic Memory, and Expertise (Merged Universe), Shannon can recognize the velociraptors, a Jem Haddar, and the name of a Forgotten Realms deity.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 3

The creatures, though the glimpse she caught of them was passing at best, looked like some kind of degenerate viashino. Regular viashino were hard enough to bargain with; she had a feeling these things were only interested in the currency of blood and meat. No bargaining to be done.

They'd found themselves between the proverbial rock and hard place. If Rand's oracular statements were indeed true then something unpleasant may have awaited them up the ziggurat's heavy stone stairs, but something unpleasant definitely awaited them down here. She made for the stairs.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin Al'Thir
CND: healthy, for now
HP:3

Rand shakes the whipcord off the catman's arm. Any more life saving would be at standard Guild rates though he wasn't about to barter a contract right this moment. He catches a glimpse of the same scaly not-dog creatures he saw before in his flash of... he still wasn't quite sure what to call the strange, crippling visions of the future.

"Ah yeah, therapods. Like non-sentient Tiss'shar - akin to the akorec of Trammis III. Just watch out for one that's big enough to scatter trees about." He takes to the air about 50 ft. and turns about to point weapons at the forest.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" A'thuul k'hanimma gha'k'khaun ar'athu...", Lindsey finished the spell, feeling the energy trickle over his body. " Everyone...stay close to me or the ward will not protect you!" he yelled at the others.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP: 2 ; Condition: Paranoid ... so Normal

With a light thump Kal'annar landed closely behind the group. As much as he hated the idea of being that much closer to the reptiles, it would be easier that way to hamstring someone if the creatures began catching up to the group. "Less talking, more running, protect the wizard." Sword and shield at the ready the dark elf nimbly follows the ragtag collection of prey.
Last edited by StarGuard on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You get part way up the steps of the ziggurat, just above the tree-lines with the others. You note you are all there, as is Firewing and Talon are also present, the Jem Haddar and the droid are not. There is the sound of shots and skirmish in the forest below, the barking sound, grunting and what sounds like language, and then... silence.

Rain continues to fall, soaking you more if that`s even possible now that you don`t have the cover, paltry as it was, of trees...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand adjusts his altitude to be closer to the sword-wielding man. He does eye the dark-skinned one suspiciously from under his helm.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
With a light thump Kal'annar landed closely behind the group. As much as he hated the idea of being that much closer to the reptiles, it would be easier that way to hamstring someone if the creatures began catching up to the group. "Less talking, more running, protect the wizard." Sword and shield at the ready the dark elf nimbly follows the ragtag collection of prey.
The girl nodded and saving her breath, she replied. "I understand. Peekaboo, Alma, make sure Lindsey is protected." Her critters flanked both her and the former lawyer as close as possible, without impeding movement of anyone.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha

Niisha was abjectly miserable. Being chased through a strange jungle by overgrown iguanas with daggers for teeth was bad enough, but doing so in the pouring rain was just ten times worse. Her clothing was saturated and clinging, as was her normally meticulously groomed coat. She shook her head purely out of reflex as the water began to run into her eyes, and that was it. She'd had enough.

"I can't..." she blurted, her head shaking violently again as her inborn reflexes overwhelmed her pride and sought to rid her of the hampering wetness. "Have to go!" She took off in a sprint towards the top of the ziggurat, able to think only of getting out of the pelting rain.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"NO Nishia, it's a trap." the girl blurted out. Drawing on her own inner strength, she began to glow with a blue-white light, which extended towards the pretty (though soaking wet) cat-lady and enveloped her in a surprisingly gentle, mental grip. Amy then hauled Niisha away from the huge, pointy stone building with a surprisingly gentle mental grip.

"It's alright." she said. "Look at me, I know you don't like the wet, nobody does. But the wet is better than being dead. Going to that thing means we're on a dinner plate." she pulled the big cat towards her and hugged her, wet and all. "It'll be alright. We'll find a relatively secure spot and dry out. But not here. Just try to put up with it a bit longer. Okay?" she smiled a little. "I have some basic grooming stuff you can borrow when we find a place to get decent. I promise."

"Like dealing with a hysterical Meowth whose charm was dirtied." Alma muttered to herself as she resisted the urge to shake herself dry, though that would hardly help. She couldn't blame the big cat, not really as she didn't much care for a soaked coat herself. It'd take hours to lick herself dry at this rate. Yetch. She was just grateful she wasn't a Flareon. Wet for her was an inconvenience. Wet for a fire pokemon was potentially deadly.

"It could be worse. We could be dealing with a panicked charmander." Peekaboo noted. "Though granted, it'd have a reason to be panicked in this wet hell hole of a jungle."

ooc
Telekinesis: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Precise) 22
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150508

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150516 Persuasion 22 (to calm Nishia down, nothing more)

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha

Niisha's long, jet-black hair was matted haphazardly to her face. She was tense, but accepted Amy's embrace.

"Yes... yes," she muttered. The girl's words had reached through the heavy veil of misery that had settled over Niisha's higher brain functions. She was still considerably less then happy, but she'd regained her composure... for now at least.

"Just move quickly... please."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Alright, come on." the girl said, holding onto Niisha's clawed hand, projecting comfort as much as she could with both her voice and simple contact.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

One moment of adrenaline boosting pursuit through the forest canopy over, you look around from your perch on the Ziggurat. You can all get a clear view, in one direction at least, over the trees. The barking sound of the raptors stops, apparently they've disengaged for the moment, and nothing is stomping around knocking over the fauna.

You essentially have three choices: stay in the rain and the misery on the side of the structure where you are. Go back down into the forest (from this side of the Ziggurat or make your way around to another.) And last, go up to the top to see if the area that would normally have an alter might be able to afford any kind of shelter.

Perception checks please. DC 25.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

As she clutched the cat-lady's hand, she used the other one to wipe away the wet from her own eyes and shield them from the pelting rain and did her best to figure out a better plan of action. Her pokemon did much the same with the appendages they had. Her one thought on the subject was this place was wet and she'd be glad when she got dry. A nice dry, unoccupied cave sounded wonderful right now. Heck, even a lean to would be better than this hell.

ooc
This place is freaking wet! Amy's perception 13 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150565

Do I see a cave or something? 23 Peekaboo's perception http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150566
Animal Senses: Senses 15 (Acute: hearing, Acute: sight, Acute: smell, Analytical: hearing, Analytical: sight, Analytical: smell, Danger Sense: hearing, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: smell 1: x10, Ultra-hearing)

I'm hungry, I'm cold, I'm wet, I hate this danged jungle! 13 Alma's perception http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150567

Battle Init