J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Kal-El): Earth-T2112

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got yet another SUPER SPECIAL item as our trip through the Thorpocamultiverse continues!

Listen to me, Clark. Of all the things you can do...all your powers...the greatest has always been your instinctive knowledge...of right...and wrong. It was a gift of your own humanity. You never had to question your choices. In any situation...any crisis...you knew what to do. But the minute you made the super more important than the man...the day you decided to turn your back on mankind...that completely cost you your instinct. That took your judgement away. Take it back. If you want redemption, Clark...it lies in the very next decision you make. Make it as a man...and make it right. - Norman McCray

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 10; DPL: 16; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black/Grey
Skin: Fair
Race: Kryptonian
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Metropolis, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 5 (+10), Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 5 (+10), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 5 (+10) [Connected], Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (He’s Superman), Connected, Deep Ties* (1) (Responsibility), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (3), Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Russian, 5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (800,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 6 pts
Man of Steel: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 19 ,Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 39 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 37 pt Array; 39 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Accurate 3); 37 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 12 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 12 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (28 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System 2 [DC25]), Trophy Room; 28 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +17]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +12, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +12, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+20 without Defensive Roll, +10 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: While Superman has lost a number of those closest to him, his parents, his best friend and wife, Lois Lane-Kent, he has close ties to his long-time allies Batman and Wonder Woman.
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered farmer and retired reporter from the Daily Planet.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 130 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 162 + Defenses 17 = 351 / 351

Build Comments: I go back and forth with whether I would say Kingdom Come is my favorite DC comic series of all time, or the Batman: The Long Halloween/Dark Victory. And of course, any DC comic with Snowflame in it. Which I think is only New Guardians #2...but I digress.

What is not debatable is that this is my favorite incarnation of Superman all time. Kingdom Come is one of those comics that reminds you why Superman can still be relevant when handled properly, and that no matter whether he seems outdated to some, he's still the standard by which all superheroes are measured. With my renumbering of the multiversal Earths, he is from Earth-2112, where a Maestro and some other slightly futuristic comic builds will call home.

Secret Origins: Kal-El was born on the doomed planet, Krypton, the only son of reknowned scientist Jor-El and his wife Lara. Jor-El realized that Krypton faced imminent destruction due to its unstable core, the result of years of depleting Krypton's natural resources. The ruling council, pre-occupied by a military coup led by planet's military commander General Zod and his followers, refused to act or advise the general populace.

In order to save his son, and the legacy of his planet, Jor-El infused Kal-El’s cells with a genetic codex of the entire Kryptonian race and sent him on a spaceship to Earth. After a confrontation with Jor-El, Zod and his followers are captured and banished to the Phantom Zone.

Kal-El's ship landed outside Smallville, Kansas, where he is found by Jonathan and Martha Kent who raised the child as their own and named him Clark. During a temper tantrum over his lost security blanket, Clark knocks over a tractor and the Kents realize that Clark's Kryptonian physiology affords him superhuman abilities on Earth. This initially caused him confusion and ostracism, but he gradually learned to harness his powers to help others. On Clark’s 16th birthday, Jonathan revealed to him that he was an alien and advised him not to use his powers publicly, fearing that society will reject him. Clark found the Kryptonian crystal tech that Jor-El sent with him and began to learn his origins and developed a relationship with his birth parents through the interactive holograms contained within the crystals. He made good friends in high school, Lana Lang, Pete Ross, Chloe Sullivan, and for a while, a young Lex Luthor who was “exiled” as he called it, to Smallville for a couple of years.

The Story so Far: WORK IN PROGRESS

Characterization: WORK IN PROGRESS

Friends and Foes: WORK IN PROGRESS
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Val-Zod): Earth-T3

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're moving to Earth-69 for this new SUPER SPECIAL build!

I've been caged by tyrants like you, and swore it would never happen again! I demand you release my friends...and free the people of this world...and every world...because you've never encountered a power such as mine! - Val-Zod

SUPERMAN (VAL-ZOD)
PL: 13 (248 pts) - OPL: 13; DPL: 13; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 2 (+8), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+2), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth (+2), Technology 7 (+13) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Great Endurance, Interpose, Inventor, Languages (2) (English, 4 others, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 6 pts
Invulnerability: Impervious Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 13, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 35 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 31 pt Array; 34 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Accurate); 31 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 12 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 21 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 4, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 4], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2 (+22 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +7 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +12, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Phobia: Due to his years of never leaving his bunker, he struggles with agoraphobia at times.
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Sta is reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Having been hidden away for years, he is just learning to forge relationships but is close to his friend from Krypton, Power Girl.
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 108 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 108 + Defenses 12 = 248 / 248

Build Comments: I like the concept of Val-Zod from DCs Earth-2 books. And I appreciate their attempts at diversity, with a black Superman, a gay Green Lantern and such to distinguish their heroes from the Earth-Prime group. But some of that diversity still feels forced to me and I wish Kal-L was still around there, but I guess we’ll just have to settle for Prime Earth Kal.

Val-Zod seems to be finding his own niche as a different type of Superman and I tried to capture a little bit of that. He’s done some pretty cool tech stuff and seems to be very intelligent, way more so than the Superman. Since my Kal-L is still around on Earth-5150 (my Earth-2 equivalent, kinda sorta), Val Zod will be the Superman of Earth-69. I’m still working on the feel of that Earth, but I have a couple of ideas down the line after I get more builds moved over.

Secret Origins: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Story so Far: WORK IN PROGRESS

Characterization: WORK IN PROGRESS

Friends and Foes: WORK IN PROGRESS
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: J-Mart - Opening soon...

Post by L-Space »

Hey Thorp! Glad to see that you made the move!
Formerly luketheduke86
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Yay!!
scc

Post by scc »

Winning!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Of course. I had to make sure I stayed with the cool kids. And Jab. ;)

Been on a weekend retreat with the wife which I knew I needed after this really crappy week. I found out I have to have surgery (nothing major, just $$$ and recovery time out of my time bank that I didn't want to use) and my sump pump went out so my basement flooded so I got to most of Wednesday night and Thursday drying it out and moving tons of our hoarding boxes around. All things considered, the whole thing with the boards was actually one of the least of my issues, but it certainly almost capped it off. That was until I passed out while we were waiting for breakfast in front of about 20 people this AM. THAT was the capper. I'm OK, the EMTs and I think I just had a serious blood pressure drop because my doctor upped my meds and I hadn't eaten anything after being up for 4-ish hours already. But it sure scared the wife. At least it got us in eat a little quicker. 8-)

Should be able to start reposting tonight or tomorrow night. I was thinking about rebooting the Mart again, anyway, so this was a perfect excuse. Some of my builds don't really need a 3rd-4th go round (or 15-20 for my Batman and Superman :) ) but some of them were dire need of work, so I'll go over them and try to repost them all in a better order, along with some new builds I was already working on since I had gotten back into the building mood again.
Bladewind

Re: J-Mart MnM - Opening soon...

Post by Bladewind »

Stealing spot 20.

Seriously, any excuse to read J-Mart material is a good one for me !
And more importantly... speedy recovery Thorp !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote:Of course. I had to make sure I stayed with the cool kids. And Jab. ;)
*SOB!*
Been on a weekend retreat with the wife which I knew I needed after this really crappy week. I found out I have to have surgery (nothing major, just $$$ and recovery time out of my time bank that I didn't want to use) and my sump pump went out so my basement flooded so I got to most of Wednesday night and Thursday drying it out and moving tons of our hoarding boxes around. All things considered, the whole thing with the boards was actually one of the least of my issues, but it certainly almost capped it off. That was until I passed out while we were waiting for breakfast in front of about 20 people this AM. THAT was the capper. I'm OK, the EMTs and I think I just had a serious blood pressure drop because my doctor upped my meds and I hadn't eaten anything after being up for 4-ish hours already. But it sure scared the wife. At least it got us in eat a little quicker. 8-)

Should be able to start reposting tonight or tomorrow night. I was thinking about rebooting the Mart again, anyway, so this was a perfect excuse. Some of my builds don't really need a 3rd-4th go round (or 15-20 for my Batman and Superman :) ) but some of them were dire need of work, so I'll go over them and try to repost them all in a better order, along with some new builds I was already working on since I had gotten back into the building mood again.
Wow, that bites. Hope you're doing OK, Thorp (wait... "Thorpocalypse"? That's gonna take some getting used to :)). Going over my old 2e thread was a real bit of "Member Berries" (hey, 'member?) about what the olden days were like. With you, Taliesin, Kreuz & Joshua Dunlow as the gods of M&M, while I was starting my weird little thread of random characters. It also made me realize how much quieter Ronin Army eventually got- as GR released less and less stuff, fewer people were hanging around. Some people chose to spend time with their families (the DICKS!), and so many people dropped away.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Been on a weekend retreat with the wife which I knew I needed after this really crappy week. I found out I have to have surgery (nothing major, just $$$ and recovery time out of my time bank that I didn't want to use) and my sump pump went out so my basement flooded so I got to most of Wednesday night and Thursday drying it out and moving tons of our hoarding boxes around. All things considered, the whole thing with the boards was actually one of the least of my issues, but it certainly almost capped it off. That was until I passed out while we were waiting for breakfast in front of about 20 people this AM. THAT was the capper. I'm OK, the EMTs and I think I just had a serious blood pressure drop because my doctor upped my meds and I hadn't eaten anything after being up for 4-ish hours already. But it sure scared the wife. At least it got us in eat a little quicker. 8-)
I hope things continue to improve. Sorry it's been so rough. And welcome.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Hey there, Thorp. Hope you are feeling better.

I enjoyed re-reading your history and remember when I first read it.

You had a bad week last week but that is all behind you now. This week is already starting off better. And The J-Mart has a new home-opening soon.....Yay!
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Yikes! Glad you're OK, and I wouldn't mind seeing the seventeenth instance of your Superman writeup if that's where the muse takes you. Always happy to shop at J-Mart!
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Man, a girl stops shopping here for a few months and comes back to find all the shelves bare, the lightbulds all dusty, and Randal asleep on the job.

Okay, Randal usually sleeps on the job. But sheesh, we need a shipment of Ladies Night merch in here. Stat.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

*Carry fridge into office*

*hop up on top of fridge*

*nap* =Z_Z=
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote:Wow, that bites. Hope you're doing OK, Thorp (wait... "Thorpocalypse"? That's gonna take some getting used to :)). Going over my old 2e thread was a real bit of "Member Berries" (hey, 'member?) about what the olden days were like. With you, Taliesin, Kreuz & Joshua Dunlow as the gods of M&M, while I was starting my weird little thread of random characters. It also made me realize how much quieter Ronin Army eventually got- as GR released less and less stuff, fewer people were hanging around. Some people chose to spend time with their families (the DICKS!), and so many people dropped away.
Yes, I changed my user name to be more grammatically correct after your comments. ;)

And things did slow down after the "glory days". I fade in and out as well, as the boys have gotten older and busier but that's how it goes. Fortunately, though, I have time right now and the whole move has gotten me excited about a new start so hopefully I'll keep it going for a while. It also helps that I'm not playing Magic much, which was taking up a lot of my spare time (and cash) for a while so I can get back to my first love.
Jack of Spades wrote:Yikes! Glad you're OK, and I wouldn't mind seeing the seventeenth instance of your Superman writeup if that's where the muse takes you. Always happy to shop at J-Mart!
You beat me to it, Jack, but I think I can oblige in short order. I hope you don't think I'm a hack because I was thinking a Super-verse run to start things off similar to what you're doing.
Batgirl III wrote:Man, a girl stops shopping here for a few months and comes back to find all the shelves bare, the lightbulds all dusty, and Randal asleep on the job.

Okay, Randal usually sleeps on the job. But sheesh, we need a shipment of Ladies Night merch in here. Stat.
First off, yay, you're here. :D

Second off, geez, give a CEO a break, will ya? We're working on getting the merch going. And I think we can get a LADIES' NIGHT going up in here sooner than later. 8-)
Thorpocalypse

General Zod: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

KNEEL on Aisle 1...

Kneel before Zod. - General Zod

GENERAL ZOD
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 10; DPL: 15; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 230
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Kryptonian
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: The Phantom Zone
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+20), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 9 (+13), Expertise [Military] 9 (+13), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+11), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 5 (+9), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status – General of Kryptonian Military), Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Superman), Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (5), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 6 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
General of Steel: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Bludgeoning Damage 4 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 33 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Enhanced Quickness 7 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 15; 30 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Kryptonian Battle Armor: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +10 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath +10, Cone Area; Freezing Breath +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +17 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!: Zod’s defining characteristic is his monumental arrogance, which frequently blinds him to flaws in his plans or the potential superiority of his adversaries.
Patriotism: Despite his brutal nature and arrogance, Zod is loyal to Krypton and it’s people above all else.
Power Loss: Zod loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Zod has some feelings for his son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) and his longtime associates Ursa and Non, although he generally is only concerned about himself and his plans.
Vulnerable: Zod is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection.

Abilities 124 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 149 + Defenses 17 = 338 / 338

Build Comments: Very simply put: KNEEL…

Secret Origins: Zod was the head of Krypton's Military Guild and became so dissatisfied with the planet's ruling council's decisions that he attempted a rebellion. He learned of Jor-El's prophecy that Krypton was doomed and his plans to steal the codex, the key to genetically-engineering Kryptonians. He went to confront Jor-El and learns of Jor-El and Lara’s natural born son Kal-El, which is against Kryptonian Law, as all Kryptonians are engineered to be more efficient. Angered, Zod fought Jor-El but the scientist was able to send Kal-El and the codex bound to his DNA off in a rocket bound for Earth. Before he could kill the scientist he and his forces, including his second-in-command Faora and his massive enforcer Non, are captured and sentenced to 300 cycles within the Phantom Zone. Zod then cryptically warned Jor-El and Lara that he will find their son. Although he is imprisoned within the Phantom Zone, a short time later, the destruction of Krypton frees him and his cohorts.

The Story so Far: Zod located Kal-El on Earth and came prepared to negotiate with his fellow Kryptonian, but was also ready for war. He threatened its people into handing over Kal-El, who now goes by the name of Clark Kent. Clark surrended and Zod reveals to Clark how he and his team refit the Phantom Zone projector into their ship, acquired a "world engine" device, scouted unsuccessfully for surviving Kryptonian colonies, and traveled to Earth due to Clark's triggering a beacon by activating his crystals. He then revealed his plan to terraform the planet with the world engine and use the codex to repopulate the world with genetically-engineered Kryptonians, bringing an end to the Human race.

Superman and Zod fought and after initially capturing Superman, Zod released the world engine on Metropolis and over the Indian Ocean to begin terraforming. Superman, with the assistance of The Justice League, The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D., are able to destroy the device and Superman is able to use the Phantom Zone device to transport Zod and his allies into the Phantom Zone, foiling Zod's plans.

Zod, Faora and Non have escapted the Zone on a handful occasions, but eventually they are defeated and returned.

Characterization: Zod is arrogant and quick tempered, but his love for his world and his people is unequaled.

Friends and Foes: Zod has a great enmity for Kal-El for the defeats he has given him and his history with Jor-El. He is mostly loyal to Faora and Non and he does seems to show some fatherly feelings towards Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) at times, but in general, his greatest love is Krypton and his desire to protect it’s heritage and restore it somehow.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 54 times in total.