3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

Corrigon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:29 pm considering that both Thunder and XS are time travellers, having them time jump and still play the same characters is an option
Very true
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

A quibble, but under Bastion's description on the first page links it calls him an enhanced clone. Technically he is not a clone but the natural born offspring of an alternate dimension Superboy/Clone of Superman, and Tana Moon...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sorry. I'll fix.

Just an FYI, I've been poking around and posting characters and whatnot, but not feeling too much like actually posting anywhere IC.
Hopefully I'll be back to normal in a day or so...

(Not wanting to get into it at all online though.)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sorry, been distracted. Need anything of me?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

We're actually waiting on me... and I'm more than a little distracted too...

I know Quantum wants to discuss while en route to Vega...
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Actually I'm curious if "Babs" has decided to join us (please say yes :)). I have ... never mind :mrgreen:

edited

I have no clue
Last edited by StarGuard on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

GREEN LANTERN
DC Universe Original Character
Power Level 12 ( 180 PP )

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power — Green Lantern's light!
ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 2 Dexterity 2 Fighting 5 Intellect 3 Aware 5 Presence 4

SKILLS
House Rules: All Skills cost 3:1 PP.
Close Combat [Power Ring] 3 (+8), Expertise [Naval Officer] 2 (+5), Expertise [Stellar Cartography] 3 (+8), Insight 5 (+10), Perception 1 (+6), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 11 (+14), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
House Rules: Free Social Advantage (*) for each Presence Rank; Free Languages.
Benefit [Green Lantern Corps]*, Connected*, Contacts*, Favored Environment [Zero-G], Fearless, Languages [English, Interlac], Ranged Combat (1), Teamwork*, Ultimate Effort [Will Checks]

POWERS
Green Lantern Power Ring Device (110 PP Base; F: Removable [–1 per 5]) [ 88 Total ]
Power Ring Traits
Uniform and Power Battery Feature 2 (Quick Change, Internal Compartment) [ 2 PP ]
Personal Force Field Protection 12 (E: Impervious [14], Sustained); Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 36 PP ]
Interstellar Flight Flight 11 (4,000 MPH); Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation [zero-g], Space Travel [3]) [ 28 PP ]

Artificial Intelligence
Scanning Beam and Ring AI Variable 1 (5 PP Traits; F: Limited to Senses); Features 2 (Database, Ring AI); Enhanced Advantages 3(Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed) [ 11 PP ]
AE: Omniversal Translator Comprehend 4 (Languages: Speak All, Read All, Understand All, and Understood by All Simultaneously; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Corps Commlink Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental; F: Concentration, Limited [Green Lantern Corps]) [ 1 PP ]

Force Constructs
Simple Constructs Create 10 E: Dynamic) [ 21 PP ]
DAE: Complex Constructs Create 6 (E: Movable, Precise [1]) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Ranged Weapon Constructs Damage 10 (E: Ranged) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Mêlée Weapon Constructs Damage 12 (E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [6], Reach [1]) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Manipulation Constructs Move Object 6 (E: Sustained, Precise [1]) [ 2 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 0 EP)
Legion Flight Ring
Legion Transuit
Legion Telepathic Plug

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (10) Base 5
Fortitude: (6) Base 4
Toughness: (14/2) ——
Will: (16) Base 11

WORKSHEET
Attack: 5 Effect: 2 Total: 7 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 10 Total: 22 (Ranged Constructs)
Attack: 8 Effect: 12 Total: 20 (Mêlée Constructs)
Dodge: 10 Tough.: 14/2 Total: 24/12
Parry: 10 Tough.: 14/2 Total: 24/12
Fort.: 6 Will: 16 Total: 22

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] + SKILLS [ 9 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 5 pp ] + POWERS [ 88 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 28 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Honor (Officer and a Gentleman) Wyoh Stone comes from a family with a long and proud naval history — dating back to the days when the navy was limited to the oceans of Earth — and believes strongly in patriotism, honor, and loyalty. This can oftentimes conflict with her loyalties to the Green Lantern Corps.
Honor (In Brightest Day...) Wyoh Stone takes her oath as a Green Lantern very seriously. This can oftentimes conflict with her loyalties to the United Planets.
Power Loss (Limited Charge): The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Power Loss / Weakness (Yellow Impurity): The power ring cannot affect anything yellow. Green Lantern's Force Field and Constructs will not block attacks from yellow objects, her Manipulation Constructs cannot move yellow objects, etcetera.
Responsibility: Green Lantern feels a strong sense of responsibility to use her powers for the benefit of all. But she must balance this against her strong sense of duty.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

BACKGROUND
Education: United Planets Military Academy
Date of Birth: Unknown (Age 28)
Base of Operations: Sector 2814
Height: 5'8" (1.73 m)
Weight: 123.5 lbs. (56 kg)
Measurments: 34-25-35 (32C)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Deist
Relationships: Adm. Anson Stone (father), Capt. Ginny Stone (mother), Cmdr. Mycroft Stone (brother)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United Planets with no criminal record.
Hollywood Casting: Anne Hathaway

Lt. Wyoh Stone was the chief of the stellar navigation department on a United Planets naval frigate on a routine "anti-piracy" patrol near the border of Khund space. When they were attacked by an overwhelming force, Lt. Stone soonfound herself the only officer left active and assumed command. She managed to fend off the Khunds long enough to ensure all lifeboats where away safely before she ordered scuttling charges primed. As she stood alone on the command deck, listening to the computer impassively counting down the last ten seconds of her life, she heard another voice:

"Wyoh Stone of Earth. You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps."

Using the abilities of her newly bestowed Power Ring, Stone drove off the Khunds and brought all the lifepods to the safety of the nearest United Planets world. In her first hour as a Green Lantern, she saved 253 lives.

The relationship between the Green Lantern Corps and the United Planets has long been a strained one. But with Wyoh's induction into the Corps, the Guardians of Oa have decided to try a new approach to the U.P., assigning her the to the long abandoned Sector 2814 — which had once been home to some of the greatest heroes in the Corps' history — and tasking her with joining the Legion of Superheroes.

Wyoh Ston must steer a difficult course, between her duties to the Corps, her loyalty to the United Planets, and her responsibilities as a Legionnaire. Luckily, navigating difficult paths is what Wyoh does best.

Notes: Not sure exactly what the status of the Green Lantern Corps is in your 'verse. The introductory page says they're active, but is otherwise light on detail. Canon in the comics has varied from just never mentioning the Corps, to them being all but extinct (until a certain "Gary Stu" power creeped his way into legend by combining a Power Ring with Daxamite powers), to the Corps and the U.P. being rivals. I went with this last one.

Wyoh is based on my personal version of how I think a Power Ring is best modeled in the M&M3e rules, although with one eye on the official DCA build. She covers all the standard tricks of the Green Lanterns: force fields, flight, universal translator, a helpful computer full of exposition, and giant green boxing gloves...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

1. You choose a GL...
2. You cast Anne Hathaway for the role.

Batgirl III of Earth Prime, you have great Build-Fu. Welcome to the LSH.

(I will update the link on the front page and intro you shortly - if you want to intro yourself and indicate that you were instructed to rendez-vous with Solarhawk that works as well.)

Looks like Quantum will remain in place unless SG wants to change ?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Well, it looks like the Legionnaires were supposed to meet a GL en route to Vega... So, Ingigure it might as well be me.

Feel free to throw a D20 at my head if I've overstepped an so you had a specific plan for an NPC to be delivering this exposition.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Actually... not in the least.

Starguard rolled with your submission, giving me a perfect way to introduce your GL.

I will give you some info via PM to present as you wish. :mrgreen:
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:41 am Actually... not in the least.

Starguard rolled with your submission, giving me a perfect way to introduce your GL.

I will give you some info via PM to present as you wish. :mrgreen:
That's the way we role baby ;) .... and it dovetailed nicely with elements already in play 8-)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I want you all to know... Batgirl has already figured out the villain :
Batgirl III wrote: Clearly, the is the work of Paste-Pot Pete.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 pm Looks like Quantum will remain in place unless SG wants to change ?
Uh ... PM sent ;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:52 pm I want you all to know... Batgirl has already figured out the villain
You don't spend as much time as I have hanging out with the World's Greatest Detective and not pick up a few tricks.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Unfortunately, this is a time of sickness, hence my absence today. Maybe I'll recover for a post tomorrow. Ugh.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe