New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Michuru

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

Laputa
  • NVEA #1: Vienna Game - New students arrive at the school and participate in the Sophomore Blitz.
  • NVEA #2: Windmill - When Captain Ronald Nelson takes hostages in Kaiserslautern, and the New Vindicators discover that things are not as they seem.
  • NVEA #3: Skittles - Enter Vicente DeGallow, one of the New Vindicators' older brother, who keeps some very dangerous company...
  • NVEA #4: Zwischenzug - As the art class field trip is interrupted by Iconoclast, Therianthrope and Tantivy move to liberate Basilisk from the school, and a life is lost.
  • NVEA #5: Kibitz - Reeling from the death of one of their own, a therapist is brought in to talk to the New Vindicators.
  • NVEA #6: Patzer's Game - While a handful of students are sent to Australia to recruit a new Neo-Sapien, one of their classmates does the unthinkable, and pulls the trigger.
  • NVAE #7: X-Ray - The school has suffered another death, and one of the New Vindicators is determined to solve the mystery of her murder. Meanwhile, Therianthrope goes after one of the students, and her parents...
  • NVAE #8: Zugzwang - While several students testify in the trial of Captain Nelson, their classmates crisscross the globe, recruiting several new students.
  • NVAE #9: Check - The school dance is interrupted when the students journey into the psyche of one of their classmates.
  • NVAE #10: Checkmate - When Laputa attacks Vienna, the Vindicators and the New Vindicators rally to bring the terrorists' machinations to an end.
Chaos
  • NVAE #11: Grieve - In the aftermath of Laputa's attack, the New Vindicators struggle to put the pieces of their lives back together.
  • NVAE #12: Sing - En route to London, the New Vindicators meet Elemenoh P. Quarez, and their lives turn into a musical.
  • NVAE #13: Explode - Five months after Laputa's attack, Ironside strikes Vienna. While their classmates put him down, one group of New Vindicators is whisked away to another dimension.
  • NVAE #14: Fly - As the New Vindicators work to rescue a girl who can't land, their dimension-hopping classmates tussle with a familiar foe high above Hofburg Palace.
  • NVAE #15: Deport - As Lex and Violet run into the Albanian mafia, the exiled New Vindicators' time in Oubliette-1127 comes to an end.
  • NVAE #16: Live - Following Rembrandt's disappearance, the Faustian Society believes that Martin has double-crossed them and decide to take matters into their own hands. When they make a wild grab to capture Tallemaja, the desperate enchantress makes a daring move, and one hero will be forced to make a decision whose effects will be felt forever.
  • NVAE #17: Distract - Nine mercenaries. Seven simultaneous attacks. One major distraction. As the Vindicators, the New Vindicators, and the Volunteers scramble to save Vienna, one life hangs in the balance, and help comes from some unexpected sources...
  • NVAE #18: Decompress - Following the attacks on Vienna, the New Vindicators take stock of where they now stand.
Armada
  • NVAE #19: The $64,000 Question - While Lex, Martin, and the others settle into their new lives at the Tokyo school, their friends at the NVAE investigate a missing plane and leave to recruit a new school physician...
    NVAE #20: Love Connection - When the Drifter returns, needing the New Vindicators to save another world from the mysterious Armada, Jack's friendship with Ellen changes, while Astrid comes to terms with how Kas sees her. Meanwhile, back at home, Kas fights off the advances of Ji-won and Agnes while Lex and Martin head to China...
    NVAE #21: Double Dare - For weeks, someone has been waging war with a multinational petroleum conglomerate. When cameras capture his face, one of the New Vindicators' allegiance will be called into question...
  • NVAE #22: You Bet Your Life - As Greystone infiltrates Pandora, the New Vindicators uncover an alliance that threatens the existence of one of their classmates...
  • NVAE #23: I've Got a Secret - In London, a vigilante moves to fill the void left in the wake of Paladin's disappearance. Acting as judge, jury, and executioner, the New Vindicators uncover a connection between this new hero, MI18, and one of their own...
  • NVAE #24: Press Your Luck - As the Armada arrives, the New Vindicators gain some unexpected allies...
  • NVAE #25: Jeopardy! - Things go from bad to worse as the New Vindicators work to stop the Armada and save the multiverse from certain destruction.
Progress
  • NVAE #26: The Persistence of Memory - As a new year begins at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, our heroes must deal with their most dangerous opponents yet: new students.
  • NVAE #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp - Three killers with different M.O.s are on the loose and it's up to the New Vindicators to stop them.
  • NVAE #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights - Love is in the air... and also the water.
  • NVAE #29: The Son of Man - Everything you ever wanted to know about Martin.
  • NVAE #30: Allegory of Prudence - When an old enemy of Jack's resurfaces, it's up to the New Vindicators to put a stop to him.
  • NVAE #31: The Astronomer - A ghost from Headmaster Newton's past arrives at the school.
  • NVAE #32: The Blue Boy - When one of the teachers is threatened, the students will have to band together to save a life.
  • NVAE #33: Whaam! - Say goodbye to strife!
  • NVAE #34: The Scream - The strife returns!
  • NVAE #35: Massacre of the Innocents - The New Vindicators face off against a man named McKinnon...
Information
Last edited by Michuru on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 17 times in total.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (IC)

Post by Michuru »

Just in case...
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (IC)

Post by Michuru »

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
"I've got that covered." Greystone shifted forms and proceeded to vomit hydrochloric acid at one of the walls.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

WALLS (Metal): D5, F5, H11
WALLS (Ice): E7

The Order
  • Shiver (23 - E8)
  • Greystone (20 - E5)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 - E6)
  • Vespertine (16 - )
  • Candyman (15 -
  • Key (9 - )
  • Sublime (7 - )
  • Viscosity (7 - )
I’ve got you at E5, TM, so there is a wall to the left (D5) and right (F5). Which one are you going through?
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
Current sent a bolt of electricity for Breeze, only to watch as the man barely dodged it. "So be it," he growled.

"Current is not your only problem, swine," intoned Magnitude calmly. Sending a blast of gravitational force for Breeze, Magnitude sent the former teacher flying back into the air and slamming into the doors behind him. Though dazed by the attack, he looked to still be conscious.

From where Breeze had landed Beta Team heard a thunderclap. Breeze collapsed then, blood dripping from his ear, onto his shoulder.

"Well, that's was interesting," said Derryl. "Shall we be saving the world now?"

"Wait," Paladin said, grabbing the sound-controller's arm as the teen moved to continue forward. The Nephilim was looking around the room. "The wind is still stirring..."

"Is it a feint?" asked the Blue Knight, looking to Breeze and manifesting his soul-weapon.

The air around them began swirling faster and faster. There was a high-pitched whistle--a sound only Derryl was truly familiar with. "Tornado!" he roared. "He's still up!"

"If he's still up, I'm a pretty-pretty princess," Current yelled back over the noise. “He's got backup!"

Otso crouched low to the ground when the powerful winds hit them. He looked from left to right, nostrils flaring as he tried to find their unseen assailant. Right; he was right, and almost to the doors.

The Order, Round One
  • Current (34 - ?)
  • Magnitude (21 - E6)
  • Derryl (17 - D4): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Eddie, R1)
  • Breeze (15 - D20): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Blue Knight (14 - ?)
  • Paladin (11 - ?)
  • Hurricane Eddie (9 – B18)
  • Ursa (9 - ?)
Otso knows the area where he’s at, McGuffin.
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Confectionery, Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
As Paramour forced the Grey Man to be born, the doors behind them opened. Imago put it out of his mind--needing to trust in his illusory veil to protect them and focus on the task at hand. "Chen Lei to Grey Men," said a perfect imitation of the Admiral's voice, "all flight craft return to the Elpis and await further instruction in the hangars."

Suddenly, Kelpie cried out in pain before dropping to the ground. "Hmph," said the young man coming down the steps. He was flanked by two others--one, a man in his late-thirties; the other, an entity made of water. "I suppose he wasn't the illusionist. You might as well drop the illusion. I'm letting my friends see right th-"

"Don't listen to him," Confectionery hissed. "He's an illusionist in that he makes one person at a time relive old pain. He may be able to see through this, but the others can't."

The doors opened again and a fourth entered the room--one that Imago recognized. He may not have met this version of him, but he knew Kasamir Flaegler when he saw him.

"I can't keep this up and attack at the same time," Imago hissed. "You're covered though, take him out and the others will have no idea where to look to."

“Straight ahead,” Trauma barked.

Cascade wasted no time in thrusting his arms forward. Water shot from behind him—he must have been wearing some sort of waterskin on his back. The torrent rocketed forward and hit Confectionery in the stomach. The woman fell forward, dropping to the ground near Kelpie—a hole straight through her, where the attack ate through her candy body.

The Order, Round One
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E5)
  • Paramour (14 – E4)
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4)
  • Trauma (11 - D9)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised, Disabled, Dying, Injured, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Trauma will direct Cascade, but I’ll give partial concealment to the group: Cascade - Concealment - DC 11: 1d20 17 & Cascade - Attack: 1d20+10 29 Hits. Confectionery - Toughness - DC 35: 1d20+4 20 & Confectionery - Constitution Check - DC 10: 1d20+2 15

Prehistoric is up.

DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
The blast of water hammered Lord Vim in the chest and sent him flying backwards--crashing into the far wall. Shakes turned to give his classmate a thumbs up, only to notice Hijama stumbling on the other side of the saucer. Without wasting another moment, he moved to get into position--dashing between two saucers and bringing his buzzsaw-like hands high up over his head before slashing at the man with them.

The hit brought the man down, and the teen wiped the perspiration from his brow with a vibrating hand. "Well, that wasn't so tough!" he boasted nervously.

"You're right,” Taheka said lightheartedly, “just a walk in the park." The youth gave Shakes a nod of thanks; he knew his companion from the Sao Paolo academy wan't the biggest fan of physical combat. Turning his attention to Ogre, Taheka was pleased that the brute hadn’t continued to attack him. That must have meant that defeating Lord Vim freed the woman’s mind.

"We all good shorty?" Taheka asked in the same lighthearted manner.

Ogre looked the teen over before shrinking back to her natural state. “I’m sorry,” Adela said, “I didn’t catch that.”

“He asked if everything is okay,” said Cacophony, raising an eyebrow at her. “What, are you deaf?”

“Ogre doesn’t speak English,” Adela said, grimacing. “When I transform, my mental faculties are…” She shook her head. “Nevermind. We have a mission to get back to.”

"I think we need to tie these guys up and blindfold them,” said Taheka. “And if anyone knows where an empty container or closet is, even better. The last thing we need is for these guys to turn up again while we are still here."

“Which is why we should just kill them all,” Prodigy said.

“What the &$^# is wrong with you?” Tantivy snapped. “You’re talking like everyone expects me to: sacrifice a universe here, kill our enemies there… Look, I get you just lost your mother, but-”

“This has nothing to do with my mother,” Prodigy growled. “I’m just trying to be realistic! These three nearly tore us apart! I don’t want them coming back with reinforcements! The best thing is to just snap their necks and be done with it!”

“I concur,” Adela said. “They would not hesitate to do the same to us.”

“Good for them,” Tantivy said, “but we’re different. We don’t kill.”

“You’re a Radikovich,” Adela told her little sister. “We kill.”

“I am not a Radikovich,” Tantivy spat. “Your father knew who my mother was this whole time and never told me! All that time by Erudite’s side-”

“You mean by Lacuna’s side,” Prodigy corrected.

“Bind them and blindfold them,” said the speedster, never taking her eyes off of Ogre and Prodigy. “If they want to kill them, they’ll have to go through me.”

“Don’t tempt me, sister,” Prodigy hissed.

“You’re the ones who said we have a job to do, right? Seems like it’s four to two in favor of them living. Maybe instead of fighting, we should just do this and move forward.”

The Order, Round Four
  • Tantivy (40 - A8)
  • Prodigy (24 - A7)
  • Ogre (18 - E7)
  • Taheka (14 - D6)
  • Hijama (9 - J13): Bruised x3
  • Lord Vim (7 - I20): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious (R4)
  • Shakes (4 - I12): Bruised
  • Cacophony (4 - A7)
  • Phlegm (2 - B11): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion, Lluvia, Oscar)
As Cooker's blast whizzed past Ugly Amy, Fach stood perfectly still, staring at Oscar's prone body. "Traitor!" Ersatz roared as he frantically fought to end Oscar's life. Not far from Fluxx, Cleave swung his sword through Ion's chest, leaving the youth barely standing.

A blood-stained sword waltzed from Cleave's hand, floating beside him as he summoned up another one.

The audible crack of Oscar's neck and the slowing pulse Fluxx could feel through the bracelet confirmed them nobleman's demise. Still, it was Ion's cry of pain that focused Fluxx's fury. He moved over and used the same Jellyfish cell replication of Cleave.

The Order, Round Three
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Exhausted (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20): Confused, Dazed
  • Ersatz (12 - F20)
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised, Disabled, Injured, Stunned (Cleave, R2), Staggered
Cleave - Fortitude - DC 20: 1d20+6 7

Ersatz - Reflex - DC 15: 1d20+9 11 & Ersatz - Will - DC 15: 1d20+5 25

Ugly Amy - Reflex - DC 15: 1d20+3 7 & Ugly Amy - Will - DC 15: 1d20+3 8

Ugly Amy - Fortitude - DC 20 - Recovery: 1d20+13 15
Ugly Amy - Fortitude - DC 20: 1d20+12 21

It is Cooker’s turn.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 2->1
COND: Unharmed

One of the villains went down, but Oscar was down and Ion and Francis was trying so hard not to repeat that day against the Zoo's minions. It did mean he still unleashed a lot of power on Amy.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 3->2

Guessing how critical it was to take down the one who could actually see them, David leaped claws first at the one that Imago was pointing to.
Claw attack: 1D20 + 9 = [5]+9 = 14 Bleh, reroll
Claw attack: 1D20 + 9 = [5]+9 = 14 Funny. HP bonus makes that a 24. Toughness DC20
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

There was a heavy sigh from the teen as Cleave dropped to Fluxx's touch. He hoped that would dispel the floating sword as well but he didn't drop his guard.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

This is assuming I can still act this round. If I misunderstood that, please ignore this post.
Ursa
HP: 8 -> 7
Cnd: Fine

"He's by the door, to the right! He's trying to make a break for it!"

Acting on instinct, Otso charged towards the door where he'd picked up on their unseen assailant. He really wished the guy wasn't some kind of air elemental and he'd just go tumbling through him.
Charge attack: 1D20+2+6 = [3]+2+6 = 11, HP to reroll: 1D20+2+6 = [20]+2+6 = 28. Defense 14 next round. DC 30 Toughness and grapple +17 from Otso to Pin him, you can roll those if necessary.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 0
Condition: Bruise x1
Team Delta wrote: “Good for them,” Tantivy said, “but we’re different. We don’t kill.”

“You’re a Radikovich,” Adela told her little sister. “We kill.”

“I am not a Radikovich,” Tantivy spat. “Your father knew who my mother was this whole time and never told me! All that time by Erudite’s side-”

“You mean by Lacuna’s side,” Prodigy corrected.

“Bind them and blindfold them,” said the speedster, never taking her eyes off of Ogre and Prodigy. “If they want to kill them, they’ll have to go through me.”

“Don’t tempt me, sister,” Prodigy hissed.

“You’re the ones who said we have a job to do, right? Seems like it’s four to two in favor of them living. Maybe instead of fighting, we should just do this and move forward.”
"We are not going to kill someone who is helpless " Tamati reiterated "And Tantivy is right we have a mission to accomplish and that takes priority, so lets tie them up make sure they can't see and leave them where they won't be found in a hurry. If we can't find anything to tie them up just rip up their clothes and use that."

Looking at each of his companions in turn Tamati continued "Fighting amongst ourselves will not save our homes and if it comes to a vote it is 4 to 2 in letting them live so lets stop wasting time and move on.

OOC wrote:
Did Tamati find anything when he searched the Armada goons?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
"I've got that covered." Greystone shifted forms and proceeded to vomit hydrochloric acid at one of the walls.

WALLS (Metal): D5, F5, H11

The Order
  • Shiver (23 - E8)
  • Greystone (20 - E5)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 - E6)
  • Vespertine (16 - )
  • Candyman (15 -
  • Key (9 - )
  • Sublime (7 - )
  • Viscosity (7 - )
I’ve got you at E5, TM, so there is a wall to the left (D5) and right (F5). Which one are you going through?
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
Ursa thundered past the tanks and pounced the man hiding near the door. Growling ferociously, he effortlessly pinned the man beneath him.

The Order, Round Two
  • Current (34 - ?)
  • Magnitude (21 - E6)
  • Blue Knight (14 - ?)
  • Paladin (11 - ?)
  • Hurricane Eddie (9 – B18): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Ursa, R1)
  • Ursa (9 - ?)
Hurricane Eddie - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+9 16 & Hurricane Eddie - Grapple: 1d20+7 8 Ha! Never mind...

Current will kick off the new round, Arkrite.
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Confectionery, Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
Prehistoric charged for the man in the middle, only for him to brace against the impact. "Right in front of me!" he spat.

"David!" Paramour screamed. She feared the worst--feared he was about to share in Kelpie's fate. Pouring her all into her attack, she fired a blast over Trauma's head--one that Herzog Kasamir had to sidestep.

"What was that?" the disgraced noble asked.

"Ignore it!" spat Trauma. "Focus on the dinosaur in front of me!"

"And risk hitting you?" replied the herzog haughtily. "I have a better plan..."

The grey men eggs began to drop to the floor, popping and oozing as an invisible force pushed them and the New Vindicators to the ground. Lying prone and in the embryonic fluid, Hemophiliac could still see Trauma. That was all she needed.

With a thought, the girl tried to command the blood to spurt from his body. He would have a bruise on his chest, but nothing more--not unless she was able to overpower his own physicality.

Fortunately, he hadn't noticed. Trauma was even ignoring the dinosaur in his face. He had endured those assaults, but the blast from Paramour troubled him. Even with her put down by the Herzog's power, she was a threat, and he intended to be done with her...

The Order, Round Two
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E5)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Prone
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Prone
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised, Disabled, Dying, Injured, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Trauma - Toughness - DC 20: 1d20+2 20 I have no idea how that just happened.

Rebecca will put everything into taking down Trauma: Paramour - Attack - All-out Attack 5, Power Attack 5: 1d20+8 13 Well, damn... That'll miss.

Herzog Kasamir will increase the gravity in the area around D1. This will make everyone in rows 1-8 make a Strength check (DC 18) in order to remain standing: Paramour - Strength Check - DC 10: 1d20 5 (18, not 10--get it together, Dustin...), Hemophiliac - Strength Check - DC 18: 1d20 5 Both fall prone.

Bianca will go for perception damage on Trauma: Trauma - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+2 21 Seriously? Okay...

Back to Trauma. He'll go for Rebecca: Paramour - Will vs. Illusion - DC 18: 1d20+6 25 & Paramour - Will vs. Pain - DC 18: 1d20+6 24 Fine on both.

Whitaker will try to suffocate David: Whitaker - Attack: 1d20+8 16 If that's a hit, Shock, Suffocate 8.

Imago will kick off the next round.

"We are not going to kill someone who is helpless," Taheka reiterated. "And Tantivy is right we have a mission to accomplish and that takes priority, so lets tie them up make sure they can't see and leave them where they won't be found in a hurry. If we can't find anything to tie them up just rip up their clothes and use that."

Looking at each of his companions in turn Taheka continued, "Fighting amongst ourselves will not save our homes and if it comes to a vote it is 4 to 2 in letting them live so lets stop wasting time and move on."

Cacophony was already dragging Hijama back to where the others were strewn. "So, where do we put them?" She looked to Prodigy and Ogre. The only two who knew their way around the ship were the ones who wanted to kill the trio.

When neither said anything, Tantivy let out a groan. "Look, we're not letting you kill them, so the most efficient thing is going to be working with us so we can move forward, right?"

"There are storage rooms not far from here," Ogre reluctantly offered.

"It's not on our way," warned Prodigy.

"I don't care," said Tantivy.

Prodigy ignored the voice in his head and nodded in agreement. "So be it."

As Ogre moved to carry one of the fallen enemies, Tantivy shook her head. "Taheka, Cacophony, and I can carry them," she said. She didn't trust her sister to not kill one of them in transit. Now they would be slower and time was of the essence.

EVERYTHING DIES AT SOME POINT. KILL THEM ALL AND BE DONE WITH IT.

Prodigy led the way out of the docking bay and into a hall. He moved cautiously, as though he expected another ambush at any moment. After all, it had been as though these three had been expecting them. Who knew how prepared the Armada was for them?

Who knew if Martin's contact wasn't a double agent?
Michuru81 wrote:Okay, before I go any further, I'm going to have to know relative marching order. Prodigy will be at the head, with Ogre bringing up the rear. As the only PC in the group, Gilliam, let me know what order Cacophony, Shakes, Tantivy, and Taheka are walking in.
EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Ugly Amy endured Cooker's blast and continued to stand near Oscar's lifeless form.

Ignoring her, Ersatz pounced to his feet and charged headlong towards his opponents. As he neared Ion, he pulled back his fist and slugged the pudgy boy in the face.

The Order, Round Four
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3)
  • Ersatz (12 - E6)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered
Ugly Amy - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+8 25

No point in rolling for confusion, as Ugly Amy is still dazed and unable to carry out actions.

Ersatz will charge Ion: Ersatz - Attack - Charge: 1d20+6 18 & Ion - Toughness - DC 17: 1d20+1 8

Cleave's sword will go for Ion: Sword - Attack - Power Attack 3: 1d20+8 16 & Ion - Toughness - DC 21: 1d20+1 8 & Ion - Constitution Check - DC 10: 1d20 14

A new round will kick off with Fluxx.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 2

David felt gravity itself trying to crush him to the floor but the enhanced strength in his reptilian muscles was enough to keep him from collapsing.
Strength check: 1d20+3 22 Still up
David has Defense 20 when in Deinonychus form.
Last edited by Shock on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx

HP:3-> 2
CND: Fatigued, Prone, ripe to be attacked.

Fluxx didn't need to feign the weariness and lamentation in his voice as he cried out "No more killing, please!" he covered ion's prone form with his own, Engulfing it and giving it total cover from his assailants. His own maleable form was highly exposed. So he made a slight modification to it - his flesh would be sticky and compressed tightly just below the surface of the skin so that if touched or broken it would expand from the point of impact/touch. It would be like foam to engulf whatever attacked it. If Ersatz powers duplicated himself whenever there was directed, hostile contact, Fluxx surmised they would be relaxed at the exact moment he was attacking someone else (or else the German villain would be duplicated every time his touched someone too). The reactionary flesh foam shouldn't trigger the man's powers, even as the foam closed over the man's breathing passages.

He hoped to capture both the sword and the German this way.
Stunting to add Contagious to Martin's Engulfing Snare, HP for stunt.
Snare,Engulf,Contagious, Full Round Action, Tether, Chokehold pr 10
I'm hoping Prone Fighting means I don't lose defensive Roll to Toughness.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

Lex chases after Ursa, mumbling to himself, "My Ursa has a first name. It's B-E-A-R-E. My Ursa has a second name it's A-T-E-S-U."

As Ursa goes after the hidden man, Lex comes to a stop nearby, hands glowing and looking for anybody else who decided to hide out near the back.
OOC: Move action to go to E-18 and ready a standard action to attack anybody who looks like they deserve it and aren't currently being mauled by a giant bear.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 6

OOC:

I'll go with whichever wall Jack heard Prestige & Takeuchi was behind.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 8
COND: Unharmed

Somehow, Imago found himself being able to resist the pressure and keep upright. This was not going well, he needed to start messing with the opposition. While keeping the cloak up, he added a whisper to the water-user.

*Die.* With an added crackling sound carefully placed, he would have to assume someone was about to gut him from behind.
Strength: 1D20 = [20] = 20
...At least Michuru didn't get this one for the baddies.

Bluff - Trick on Cascade... sort of a power descriptor for the skill if that's ok.
Bluff: 1D20+17 = [19]+17 = 36
Goal: to get Cascade to reflexively turn around and shoot behind himself.

That's a move action, and Total Defense for standard. And the cloaking remains maintained.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"I've got that covered." Greystone shifted forms and proceeded to vomit hydrochloric acid at the wall. As the metal began to corrode away, Jack could make out Takeuchi on the other side. “Now!” he barked. Suddenly, a beam of glowing green energy ripped through the deteriorating wall and struck Greystone square in the chest.

WALLS (Metal): D5, F5

The Order
  • Shiver (23 – G12)
  • Ironside (22 – D5)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E6)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E7)
  • Slag (5 – F5)
  • Prestige (3 – D5)
Greystone starts melting the wall.

Ultra Mauler can’t see to do anything. Same goes for Vespertine and Candyman.

As the wall goes down, Takeuchi will fire through it at Jack: Takeuchi - Attack: 1d20+10 28 With the crit that’s a DC 30 Toughness vs. radiation, TM.

Key is up next. Given how everyone is positioned, I think you should be safe to see Takeuchi, Arkrite.
Current looked around, but didn’t see anyone else. “That’s not… ugh… how you spell ‘bear’…” grumbled the man futilely struggling beneath Ursa.

The Order, Round Two
  • Current (34 - ?)
  • Magnitude (21 - E6)
  • Blue Knight (14 - ?)
  • Paladin (11 - ?)
  • Hurricane Eddie (9 – B18): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Ursa, R1)
  • Ursa (9 - ?)
We’ll pass it to Magnitude, HH.
“Die.”

Cascade whipped around and fired a blast of water at the wall behind him.

The Order, Round Two
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E5)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Prone
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Prone
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)

Impossible roll for Cascade.

David is up, Shock.

The New Vindicators slipped through a pair of double doors, into a wide hallway. A wall faced them, adorned with three rollup doors. “This is one of their storage facilities,” Ogre explained. “Most of the scavenger ships use a different docking bay, so these aren’t used as much, but it’s a place to hold the spoils of war.”

Prodigy opened one of the doors, revealing a fairly bare-bones chamber. Most of the shelves flanking them were empty, save for a few boxes and a crate shoved into the corner. “We’ll put them in here,” he said.

One-by-one, the surviving members of the Four Humors were dropped to the floor. Tantivy began scouring through the boxes and crates. When she found nothing that could be used to tie them up, she took a screwdriver from one of the boxes and ushered everyone out of the room.

Sliding the door back down, there was a place for a lock. She stabbed the screwdriver in and began tugging at it, trying to bend it into place. Ogre gently pushed her aside, swelled in size, bent it into place, then reverted back.

“Okay,” Prodigy said, “the quickest way to the servers is going to be through here…” He set off down the hall. It was wide enough for them to walk two-by-two: Taheka and Cacophony walked behind Prodigy, followed by Shakes and Tantivy; Ogre brought up the rear.

“I know I should be more afraid,” Cacophony told Taheka. “I mean… end of the world, and all… but I can’t help but be a bit excited. For so long, it’s just been my team, you know? Dispatch is alright, but he’s so cold.” She smiled at the teenage boy. “It’s just nice being around others… So, what’s it like in your world? Do you have a lot of friends? A, uh… a girlfriend?”

“You can flirt after we save the world,” grumbled Prodigy. He was about to turn the corner when suddenly he ran into something unseen and bounced backwards—into Taheka. He steadied himself against an invisible wall. “Oh, hello,” he said affably to someone on the other side.

“Who the &$^# are you talking to?” Tantivy asked.

“My friend,” Prodigy said matter-of-factly.

“Okay,” Tantivy said, “there’s an invisible wall and we have to assume someone with some sort of mind control power is on the other side.” She looked to Ogre. “Anyway around it?”

Ogre nodded. “If we go down this hall, it curves around to-”

“To where the mind controller is?” asked Tantivy. “I can go try a hit and run. Hold tight.”

She took off, running around the corner.

Michuru81 wrote: Image
  • Tantivy (49 - B17)
  • Prodigy (24 - B19)
  • Sister Clarissa (20 - F19)
  • The Embalming Man (18 - ?)
  • Shakes (18 - A17)
  • Cacophony (18 - A18)
  • Duiwel (15 - ?)
  • Sycophant (12 - F20)
  • Ogre (5 - A16)
  • Taheka (B18)
The moment Prodigy comes around the corner, Sycophant is going to hit him with her power: Prodigy - Will - DC 18: 1d20+12 16

Initiatives:
Sycophant - Initiative: 1d20 12
Duiwel - Initiative: 1d20+6 15
Sister Clarissa - Initiative: 1d20+1 20
The Embalming Man - Initiative: 1d20+6 18
Ogre - Initiative: 1d20 5
Prodigy - Initiative: 1d20+10 24
Cacophony - Initiative: 1d20 18
Shakes - Initiative: 1d20+1 18
Tantivy - Initiative: 1d20+36 49

This is going to sound weird, Gilliam, but do you do anything when she takes off?
EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Fluxx engulfed Ion.

The Order, Round Four
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3)
  • Ersatz (12 - E6)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered
Cooker is up.