Worst pro wrestlers other than Dino Bravo

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
Batgirl III

Re: Worst pro wrestlers other than Dino Bravo

Post by Batgirl III »

I think we can all agree that Chris Benoit is amongst the worst people ever to be a professional wrestler. I don't think we need to rehash why.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

He's at least in the top five, along with Jimmy Snuka (murdered his girlfriend), Buck Zumhofe (pedo rapist) and some others.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:17 pm Awesome got a push in WCW? :lol:
if you count his Feud with DDP a Push.... :D
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I think Awesome doesn't quite deserve to be here. His FMW and ECW stuff was pretty.....well awesome....WCW though....well he made a big splash by beating up Nash out of nowhere....but then got neutered almost immediately. And he toned down his style (and I don't blame him for that) and seemed pretty average as a result. He could still turn it on like his match with Masato Tanaka at One Night Stand in 05.

Rick Steiner....yeah towards the end there he got pretty terrible. Character wise he was flat as hell even when he tried to be a heel and I think he had wrestled as a tag wrestler for so long he honestly forgot how to wrestle single's style.

Tommy Dreamer......yeah he doesn't belong here. Not A-Number One, but he was pretty good on the mic in ECW at least (though he got pretty lame by his TNA days...still he was trying to put over everyone else just no one bought it) and had some classics with Raven

Tony Anthony....I'll allow it

Benoit.....we all know what he did. No excusing it, but devil's advocate there was brain damage involved so he likely wasn't in his right mind. Best to just separate him as a wrestler and as a person.

Snuka....honestly you'd need to put all the evidence in front of me in a court setting because I've heard so much hearsay here and there over the years that I really don't know where it all begins and ends.

No idea who Zumhofe is but if he was a pedo....then Eff that guy

Actually had a couple of ideas today.

Work rate wise: Tank Abbott. Even a 50/50 fighter in UFC (maybe worse). Looked tough....until you got him next to Goldberg or someone like that and then he looked seriously out of shape and small. Horrible worker. He was in one the worst matches of late WCW....which is saying something.

As A Person: Superstar Billy Graham. He made bad business decisions, ruined his health with his addictions, alternated between sycophant and firebrand for and against the WWF/E. In other words....he's your average 80s wrestler. That is until you take into account one thing that really made me say "oh EFF that guy!". He made an appearance on a talk show at one point, where he was trying to get a little more notoriety out of his failing career. He was talking about all the grimy gory details of the wrestling business...which whatever. The subject of pedophiles in wrestling came up, at which point Graham immediately threw openly gay wrestler Pat Patterson under the bus as one. This brought ALOOOOOT of people down on Graham...including his own wife. Graham even later admitted he knew it was totally false but said it anyway. You can't get that back you know? And it totally destroyed any friendship he had with Patterson....obviously
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:47 pmTommy Dreamer......yeah he doesn't belong here. Not A-Number One, but he was pretty good on the mic in ECW at least (though he got pretty lame by his TNA days...still he was trying to put over everyone else just no one bought it) and had some classics with Raven
I'll admit that my feelings on Dreamer are colored by most of my experience with him being on the Indy scene, where he looked drugged most of the time, although his wrestling was pretty solid, and I never heard any complaints from the wrestlers I knew who worked with him.
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:47 pmSnuka....honestly you'd need to put all the evidence in front of me in a court setting because I've heard so much hearsay here and there over the years that I really don't know where it all begins and ends.
Apparently, the evidence tying him to the crime was literally filed about for 30+ years due to how much swing the WWF had at the time, but was pretty damning between evidence that he was there as his girlfriend sustained the injuries that ended her life to the wildly varying stories he gave about how it happened, most of which did not gibe with the physical evidence. That said, by the time someone reopened the case, he was senile and dying of cancer.

I'll admit to some relief that Jake Roberts had to cancel on the local event where he was supposed to headline (although I am sad that it was due to his mother dying, which I've since found out was not an excuse) as I had fond memories of seeing him work and I suspect I might have been disappointed meeting him in person (although most of the other superstars have been nice guys and good workers. Scott Nash (limped out and delivered a limp promo) was a bit more disappointing. Virgil... *sigh* I respected that he was willing to make his way out to the ring and do some minor action, but ever since I've heard the bits from Ted Dibiase Jr about how Virgil literally banks on people assuming Dibiase will be there and him not disabusing people of the notion, my stock in him has fallen. Scott and Rick Steiner wrestled a decent enough match, but insisted on outrageous sums for photographs and autographs. Goldust, Brett Hart, Tatanka, Scotty 2Hotty, Booker T... they were all cool.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:47 pm
As A Person: Superstar Billy Graham. He made bad business decisions, ruined his health with his addictions, alternated between sycophant and firebrand for and against the WWF/E. In other words....he's your average 80s wrestler. That is until you take into account one thing that really made me say "oh EFF that guy!". He made an appearance on a talk show at one point, where he was trying to get a little more notoriety out of his failing career. He was talking about all the grimy gory details of the wrestling business...which whatever. The subject of pedophiles in wrestling came up, at which point Graham immediately threw openly gay wrestler Pat Patterson under the bus as one. This brought ALOOOOOT of people down on Graham...including his own wife. Graham even later admitted he knew it was totally false but said it anyway. You can't get that back you know? And it totally destroyed any friendship he had with Patterson....obviously
Yes, absolutely. Graham's biography on Wikipedia is absolutely disgusting to read- it's literally just him ruining his own life, suddenly deciding it was Vince McMahon's fault (note: Vince wasn't in charge during Graham's run on top), then becoming Vince's most vocal critic when he stopped getting paid. Then he changes his mind years later, does a tear-stained interview where he apologizes to the McMahons for his lies, and is welcomed back into the fold. And then the money stops coming again and suddenly WWE is awful again. Just a waste of a person.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Guy's just the drizzling shits
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

there's always these guys...
2 Cold Scorpio=i'm suprised he actually lasted as long as he did...
Marty Jannety=he kind of fell by the wayside after Shawn Michaels broke out...i'm sorry,but his IC Title win just doesn't count for me.
Chris Masters=a Good example of the Steroid problems that were going around at the time.It didn't help that his Move set was absolutely Horrible...
Perry Saturn=Good wrestler,Horrible mic skills...
Death Tribble

Post by Death Tribble »

I don't think you can say Chris Benoit was a terrible pro wrestler. He was well liked amongst his peers and by the fans. What happened with him and his family was utterly tragic and still hard to believe years later.

Perry Saturn is sadly remembered as having a fixation with a mop. Writers what can you do with them ?

Mick Foley's autobiography covers Marty Jannetty who was a party guy and that is what lead to his downfall.

Read Bret Hart's autobiography for some info on wrestlers like Dino Bravo, Hogan and the Warrior. With the latter two it was what they did outside the ring. With Dino it was both.

The Great Khali. Slow moving and no real skill in wrestling or the mic.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

whoa...whoa.....not Scorpio

c'mon now, let's not get crazy here.

in fact of those guys I'll allow Masters.....oh I hated Masters
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I actually really liked Saturn. He was badass in ECW and WCW. WWE turned him into a joke with that mop gimmick, but hell that gave me some giggles at least. He worked it, which you have to give him credit for.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I agree. I really enjoyed Saturn pre WWF

It's funny, I thought for sure he'd be the guy to get over when the Radicalz debuted. how wrong I was.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Saturn was ridiculously good in WCW. His match against Goldberg is legitimately ****, and is easily Bill's best of all time... next to of course the legendary bout with "Diamond" Dallas Page.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:28 am I agree. I really enjoyed Saturn pre WWF

It's funny, I thought for sure he'd be the guy to get over when the Radicalz debuted. how wrong I was.
Man, EVERYONE thought that. It was hilarious. People were absolutely certain that Saturn was going to be huge, owing to his WCW character & charisma, and his great "look". Instead, Eddie of all people gains wild amounts of charisma, and Benoit impresses everyone with his in-ring stuff to the point where he's pushed to the main event as well. Saturn ends up a Jobber To The Stars.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Jake Roberts, describing slapping Elizabeth after she begged him to leave the Macho Man alone: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x47xgu ... -he-s_news

"That felt GOOD! I should have to pay MONEY to feel that!"
"I could cultivate her into something even *I* could want!"
"Trust. Me." *crosses heart. smiles*

Jake was so evil by this point that I hated him for years. And I knew wrestling was fake. Now THAT is a motherf**king heel.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

That's why Jake the Snake is one of my favorite wrestlers, alongside Ted deBiase, Ric Flair, and the Iron Sheik. I love a well-done Heel!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.