The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"No worries. I just wanted to clarify things, cuz sometimes I say the wrong thing at the wrong time and other times my mouth is faster than my good common sense as my ma would say." she chuckled. "Basically, I muck it up without meaning to." she sighed. "Mind you, pokemon are usually decent creatures who would rather work with people than against them, but some pokemon, like certain types of ghost pokemon, you just can't reason with. Litwick and their evolutions for example use souls as a food source. So part of what I do is help police and local law enforcement with problems like that. I mean I have no real legal authority, so I do what I'm told in that case by the cops or law enforcement and give them the best advice and aid I can."

She looked around. "I guess this situation is going to be kinda like dealing with ghost pokemon. I hope not. I really do. We still gotta do it the right and legal way though." she blinked as Peekaboo gave her a light shock to snap her out of it.

"You're babbling again." he told her.

"Ack. I'll stop, sorry." she said, looking a bit embarrassed.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Yes, the right way is best," agrees Lilly, slightly taken aback by Amy's tsunami of words. "Most definitely!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

Peekaboo giggled. "Sometimes you use Surf with just words." he teased her while Amy laughed and translated for those who didn't understand.

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Viv gave a single sidelong glance in Amy's direction, and just the softest of sighs. Then she turned back towards Fiend and gave a cheery wave. "We'll be in touch, certainly." And with that she turned and headed back towards the street, and their other companions. "We picked up a bit," she murmured through her commlink. "I think it best if we get off the street somewhere, and see if we can plan our next move- still a bit early for Wunderbar. Maybe we can find a cafe and have a spot of lunch, or head back to Spengler's office and see if the local authorities can fill in some details. Any thoughts, anyone?"

>OOC: just moving along
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Lunch is good." she said. "Cereal bars don't last very long." she grinned up at Viv and Lilly. "Sorry for the babble fest. I gave Peekaboo permission along time ago to shock me out of it when it gets bad."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Well, I suppose if that is what works best for you..." Lilly replies carefully to Amy.

"Hopefully this Wunderbar where we hope to find this Clarity person is nothing to do with Virman Vundabar, the minion of grim Darkseid," ponders Lilly. "That would be ... unfortunate. I do not wish to be hunted by the Female Furies once again. Both for my sake and for the sake of this city."

"But perhaps lunch, then Spengler, then perhaps use the details Fiend has given us to make contact with Demiurgos?" she suggests.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

She grinned again. "Hey, like I said before, sometimes I do need a smack upside the head." she chuckled.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I could not possibly comment," replies Lilly, deadpan. "But for lunch, perhaps we could eat at the Fischereihafen place Nils mentioned?" she suggests.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

HP: 1; LP: 0; condition: Normal

Viv gave a soft trill of laughter at Lilly's suggestion. "I think, perhaps, you have a mistaken idea about just how much Herr Hagen is paying us- that is a bit too fancy for a brief casual lunch. Once we've captured our suspect, it might be a place to celebrate." She turned in a slow circle, surveying the area- if Demiurgos were watching AQ's associates, they might have just made themselves a target.

"I want to see if Spengler might have a line on this fellow- not even a criminal record, but perhaps a local Merge registry or anomalous school records. If our young scientist is a genius now, he might have caused ripples he didn't even know he was causing. And maybe Torque can help with the electronic communication- Whatsapp is nominally secure, and I'm sure our genius has adapted it, but he might not know what resources we have."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"There are plenty of affordable places to eat around here that you might like Lilly. I'm sure we can even find some that serve seafood." she said. "And Viv's right. That sort of book smarts usually means they're arrogant as all get out. That means they make mistakes."

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

HP: 1; LP: 0; condition: Normal

Viv nodded at Amy's response. "Indeed. Think of it like the old chess adage 'Seeing the whole board'- but then they forget about the table the board is laid upon, or the lighting of the room. Details that might seem innocuous or even entirely unrelated, can be a godsend to an investigator. Once we get you two enrolled in a real investigative procedure course, you'll hear about the serial killer 'Son of Sam', undone by a parking ticket, and how the longtime fugitive mobster Whitey Bulger was finally captured because of his girlfriend..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"One thing all those forensic and cop shows I watched with my folks always hammered home was the fact that no matter how smart you think you are, you always miss something that somebody else catches. Kinda like when you're in a dungeon you've walked through twice and miss the treasure, but somebody else gets it because they noticed some bricks were oddly colored or out of place and was hidden behind a boulder." she shook her head. "I hate it when that happens." she said ruefully as Peekaboo giggled.

"That happened to me and I still kick myself about it."

ooc
She does screw up like everyone else. I figured mentioning a few noodle incidents from her past wouldn't hurt. ;)

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 am Viv gave a soft trill of laughter at Lilly's suggestion. "I think, perhaps, you have a mistaken idea about just how much Herr Hagen is paying us- that is a bit too fancy for a brief casual lunch. Once we've captured our suspect, it might be a place to celebrate." She turned in a slow circle, surveying the area- if Demiurgos were watching AQ's associates, they might have just made themselves a target.
"Hagen did mention something he called 'expenses'," points out Lilly, frowning slightly. "So I assume our salaries are not actually relevant. But I will eat anywhere."
kirinke wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:30 am "One thing all those forensic and cop shows I watched with my folks always hammered home was the fact that no matter how smart you think you are, you always miss something that somebody else catches. Kinda like when you're in a dungeon you've walked through twice and miss the treasure, but somebody else gets it because they noticed some bricks were oddly colored or out of place and was hidden behind a boulder." she shook her head. "I hate it when that happens." she said ruefully as Peekaboo giggled.
"The benefits of teamwork against individuals once again," comments Lilly. "Speaking of which, perhaps we could ask Spengler to investigate as you say, Viv, while we eat, then follow where what he finds leads us afterwards?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Hagen did mention something he called 'expenses'," points out Lilly, frowning slightly. "So I assume our salaries are not actually relevant. But I will eat anywhere."
"They are relevant. But we're going to have to introduce you to the concept of 'budgets' and 'acceptable expenses' and 'timing'." Amy said. "Don't worry, we'll get to eat there eventually, but right now, a smaller pub or cafe style meal is better for us."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly just looks a bit confused at the first part of Amy's statement, but "Very well," she nods in agreement to the second.