PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: The PALADINS(OOC THREAD)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: Now Hiring(Recruitment Thread)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

That actually looks pretty much like the Feature: Charmed Life from the Luck Power Profiles, only filtered through an action hero lens. I liked it so much I took it for one of my Merge characters.

I'm reminded of the Last Action Hero bit, of course.

In other news, I'm doing a last review of my potential build tonight- I'll see if I can post it tomorrow.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

A weather controller and healer could be the miracle squad. Need rain for crops or have a family member sick? Call the miracle squad.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Here my other character idea that I'm just putting out there; still Briar, just a slightly different background and utterly different powers:

Dr Tempest (Briar Logan)
Power Level 9, 135 points

Hero Points: 1
Current Condition: Fine

Background
Briar Logan is an androgynous young person from Casper, Wyoming, the middle of three children of Cassie and Marcus Logan; she is a mining engineer in the Wyoming uranium fields; he is a school teacher. Their older and younger siblings are Peyton and Quinn respectively, both mining engineers following in their mother's footsteps.

They never really got on with the macho oil and cowboy culture of the place and were shunned and bullied for being what they were all their life. This was not helped by their near-perfect memory which, although useful academically, did not help them shrug off their experiences. Instead it left them quite shy and withdrawn. They found relief in riding their motorcycle out into the countryside, for the peace and solitude, and escape from their life into others in TV and movies.

As they got older they realised that they hated the lie of a 'perfect life' that was projected by the family. They wanted to know the truth, and expose it. But they quickly found there was no place for such a thing in Casper, despite their nest journalistic efforts. They would have to seek the truth somewhere else...

So as soon as they could they left for the west coast, and ended up in Los Angeles. Thanks to their journalistic skills, they were able to get their foot in the door at one of the lesser Los Angeles newspapers.

From there they have worked their way up through a variety of jobs in the news industries (both print and broadcast), and eventually found their niche as a local reporter.

Although some of the personalities in the news reminded them of their days in Wyoming, overall things were much better than there. They made good friends with Salem Remington, a set decorator in the film industry, and they share an apartment in Van Nuys, one of the cheaper parts of LA.

And so Briar's editor sent them to cover the grand re-opening of Palladium Studios. Perhaps they could report on the ground floor of the Next Big Thing, which could only door their career good...

Description
Briar Logan is tall, thin and androgynous in appearance, with dark brown eyes, thin eyebrows and an angular face. They have short spiked hair that is usually dyed in one or more bright colours, a number of piercings and tattoos on their right shoulder and down that arm. Despite this they usually blend into the background, and wear shapeless grey, brown and black clothing.

Powers
They can control the weather within a large radius about themselves. This lets them control temperature and visibility around them, control clouds, and also generate a number of different weather based attacks. They can use the wind to fly, predict the weather, feel the air around themselves, see through weather conditions such as fog or falling rain, have an instinctive understanding of and are immune to the effects of weather.

--

Points Expenditure: PL9, 135 PP

ABILITIES
Strength -1, Stamina 6, Agility 6, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 0
Total: 34 points

SKILLS
Expertise: Journalist 8 (+10), Expertise: Meterorology 8 (+10), Insight 2 (+6), Investigation 8 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10)
Total: 11 points

ADVANTAGES
Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Equipment - 1, Well Informed
Total: 4 points

POWERS
Weather Control (64 points)
Array: Weather Control (22 points)
1) Environment - 7 (1800 feet radius), Selective [Heat, Cold, Ice, Fog] (21 points)
2) Move Object - 1, Selective Burst Area x 10 (4 miles radius), Limited: Clouds Only, Subtle - 2, Precise, Indirect - 4 [Cloud Control]

Array: Weather Attacks (29 points)
1) Damage - 8, Ranged, Accurate - 5, Indirect - 3 [Lightning from the sky] (24 points)
2) Damage - 7, Ranged, Burst Area, Indirect - 2 [Hailstorm from the sky]
3) Move Object - 9, Line Area, Limited Direction: Away Only [Wind Burst]
4) Concealment - 2 (Normal Vision), Attack, Ranged, Selective Cloud Area x 8 (1800 feet radius) [Fog]
5) Affliction - 6, Ranged, Selective Burst Area, Alternate Resistance, Extra Condition, Limited Degree [Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone] [Ice Slick]
6) Nullify - 8, Burst Area, Simultaneous (All Fire), Alternate Resistance (Fortitude) [Cloudburst]

Wind Walking (2 points)
Flight - 1 (4 mph)

Weather Immunity (2 points)
Immunity - 2 (Earthly Weather)

Weather Senses (9 points)
Senses - 5 (Precognition, Limited: Weather Only; Ranged Touch [Sense Air Currents]; Vision Penetrates Concealment [Weather Effects])
Enhanced Skill: Expertise: Meterorology 8 (+10) [Weather Comprehension] (4 points)

Total: 64 points

DEFENCES
Dodge +12, Parry +10, Fortitude +6, Toughness +6, Will +10
Total: 22 points

OFFENCE
Initiative +6
Lightning +10, Ranged, Damage 8, Critical 20
Hailstorm -, Ranged Burst Area, Damage 7, -
Wind Burst -, Ranged Line Area, Move Object 9, -
Ice Slick -, Ranged Selective Burst Area, Affliction 8, -
Cloudburst -, Ranged Burst Area, Nullify 8 (Fire), -

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation: Recognition; they were nobody before they got their powers, a bit of a wallflower; now things have changed; they can be anyone they want and are going to make a name for themselves in the world.
Identity; no one knows who they are really are...
Relationship; they care very much about their friend and roommate Salem Remington.
Hatred; they really do not like bullies and will stand up to them regardless of the cost. Anything else would betray the reason they left Wyoming in the first place.

POWER POINT TOTALS
Abilities 34 + Skills 11 + Advantages 4 + Powers 64 + Defences 22 = 135

EQUIPMENT
Smartphone.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I think i like the other Briar(incognito) better, as the power set fit more of his personality imho....
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fair enough! I think assume Incognito unless I really have some inspiration for Dr Tempest and say so...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Status update:

I'm down to 2 ideas, and I have builds for both of them. Working on background and related fluff to get a solid handle on both.

1. Ex-gymnast turned apprentice stuntwoman (given her small build she mostly doubles for older children and teen actors in action and horror films). Scrapper- her (new and improved) body is more flexible and resilient, and both muscles and nerves are more efficient. She is very bouncy, resistant to falls and slams and so on, and very agile/mobile.

2. Former child actress who had a nervous breakdown at the age of 8 and disappeared from 'the scene' for several years- in and out of various institutions, and getting into all kinds of trouble when she was out. She has turned over a new leaf and is enjoying quite a run of success as a voice actress- while she is cripplingly she in person, she is friendly and outgoing when interacting by voice alone. Sneaky/mobility-oriented (Teleportation and concealment)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The former child actress is much more thematic, but the stuntwoman's a more active character.....I'd go with two, as it'd make for intresting sub-plots & group rp bits....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Alright Gang, this is what you've been waiting for....The Theme Songs! Enjoy & comments welcomed! :D

GROUP SONG: We Are Heroes(Bonnie Grace)

Arkite: Stanley Lieber; Slammin' Stan the Wrestle-Man
Theme: Believe it or Not(Joey Scarbury)

CaptainChaos: Kylie DeLeo ; Shard
Theme: Tank!(Seatbelts)

Doctor Malsyn: Cole "CK" Kingsly; Carbon King
Theme:Sixteen Tons('Tenesse' Ernie Ford)

Flynnarel: Derek Triemchek; Split-Second
Theme:Run(Beautiful things Highsociety remix)

Jmucchiello: Deborah Stetson Gold
Theme:California Gurls(Katy Perry, Snoop Dogg)

Mrdent12: Andy Harker; Messiah
Theme:Angel of the City(Robert Tepper)

Neo-Paladin: Linda McCall; Protagonist
Theme:Twin Size Mattress(The Front Bottoms)

Prof Weird: Maxine Suvarov
Theme: Mr.Blue Sky(Electric Light Orchestra)

Tony Jones: Briar Logan; Incongito
Theme:Bleed Magic(I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME)

First correction(Deborah Stetson Gold)!
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Not happy enough. It's an anti-suicide song and thus the root of the song is very down. I would expect Deborah's theme to be a bit more light and perhaps vapid. Something from a Katy Perry or Ariana Grande. Or maybe BTS. I can't suggest a song since I don't listen to these artists. But that's the style of song I would associate with her. It's got to be a dance song for sure, though. Something you work out to.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

In a weird way, the song you picked for Cole seems to fit- if for anything, because it seems to be about coal mining. :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm In a weird way, the song you picked for Cole seems to fit- if for anything, because it seems to be about coal mining. :lol:
It's also a suprisingly agressive song for the era it was made in... ;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:34 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm In a weird way, the song you picked for Cole seems to fit- if for anything, because it seems to be about coal mining. :lol:
It's also a suprisingly agressive song for the era it was made in... ;)
Hoh boy, I can only imagine!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sImGGNoZOoY

I like it for Derek! Good pick. I had been imagining you'd go with more of an EDM base-thumping, raise-your-pulse-just-by-listening mix, but this one is solid and I like the lyrics.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I did say Katy Perry. Better.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Added some background for Shard. I am debating making a few tweaks to the build like dropping the Impervious and adding some Impede Movement and limited Wall Crawling.