The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (Interest/ Recruitment)

Post by Camus »

Seing most niches are taken, only the villain seems available for which I present you, The Black Dragon

Originally evil bent to assemble the golden Armour for himself, he learnt in his defeat the value of friendship. That doesn't mean he has to be nice. He is a powerhouse with more confidence than muscles. His true power comes from controlling his inner energy rather than brute force.

Would that concept work?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

For the villain as good guy, I`m more looking for something is is recognizable as normally part of a villainous race or organization...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Camus

Post by Camus »

Bladewind wrote:For the villain as good guy, I`m more looking for something is is recognizable as normally part of a villainous race or organization...
Well Black saints are all evil, but I guess you mean something more popular?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Well, you inspired me to finally do my Jack (He Never Died) build. Thank you :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I was thinking of using a Druid-verse/Merge version of him...But he's apparently way overpointed,so i'll try one of the Darkholders instead...
JINX (William Hastings) Occupation:Occult Investigator Group Affiliations: The Darkhold Redeemers
PL 7 (80)
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 1 (+4) Expertise (Magic) 6 (+6) Investigation 3 (+3) Perception 3 (+3) Persuasion 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Ritualist, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Wealth), Well-Informed

Powers:
"Magic Trainee"
Illusion 4 (All Senses) (20) -- [22]
AE: "Right-Eye Beam" Blast 8 (Diminished Range -1) (15)
AE: "Conjurer" Create 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (13)
Immunity 1 (May Tap Into Darkhold Magic Without Losing Soul) [1]
"Hellfire-Spitting Pump-Gun" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [15]
Soulfire Blast 8 (Extras: Will Save) (24) -- (25 points)
"Helmet of Truth" Senses 2 (Vision Counters Illusion) (2)

Offense:
Hellfire Gun +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blast +5 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Innate Power)- Jinx's power is untested and dangerous.
Relationship (Rachel van Helsing)- The two grew close, but Rachel's fear of intimacy combined with Jinx's dangerous power made thing Difficult.. Rachel was left an empty shell when Dracula was killed, and she was later killed after turning into a vampire by Dr.Druid when he "cured" Vampirism.
Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 7 (80)
Druid-verse/Merge Background:
Jinx is the grandson of Louise Hastings, an expert in the occult and a mystic of limited power. It is likely that her experiences in the mystic affected her lineage, although her daughter, Caprice, never demonstrated any mystical abilities. Jinx, however, proved able to access magic to perform small feats without any sort of training.
Jinx's mother was killed in a struggle over of the Darkhold pages, and he came to live with his mother, Louise. Almost instantly, he became caught up in a Darkhold plot to reassemble the pages. Sam Buchanon was an agent of the FBI and was convinced by his superior, DeGuzman, leader of a Darkholder sect, to betray and bring in the Darkhold Redeemers. Jinx followed Buchanon back to a base in the southwest, where he accessed the energy of a page of the Darkhold to disperse a group of guards and free Victoria Montesi.
An ally of the Darkhold Redeemers, Blade, was temporarily corrupted by a page of the Darkhold, becoming an incarnation of the Demogorge. Modred teleported Jinx back to New Hope to prevent him from being injured in the battle against the Demogorge...
Unfortunately,the other Midnight Sons were slain by the possessed Blade,who slew himself afterward.On his own now,hunting for the Pages of the Darkhold,he wound up here after the Merge&is still hunting...
Shadow13

Kalen Night Rose

Post by Shadow13 »

This is what I have so far. Hound had a game based loosely on Log Horizon, Hack/Sign and Sword Art Online. I am going to implement the character I made from the game, provide a background of the player and draw inspiration from the age old classic Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.
I would day a merged event happened at a Animie/Video Game convention and the character has survived but some merged with his avatar from a video game. Build will come up in a few as I research a few things. .;)

Player profile
Screen Name:
Age Gender: Male
Occupation

Background:

Player logs in and awaits the updater to go live. A quick review of the changes of specs, specials and classes pops up on the screen. While the game is updated the player checks the forums for the typical complaints of why can't we do this, or why this class has this and I don't ect. The player shakes his head. He chuckles as he checks the assassin contracts, looks like his rival has offered a bounty for his defeat already.

"Looks like I will earn some quick levels and rep since I have challenges even before the game starts." thinks the player as he smirks.

He checks a skill calculator and goes over his notes from the previous game. Yes rogues cannot wear heavy armor, duh that would negate agility bonus to dodge and lower the parry ability since they can duel wield 1 handed, off hand weapons and daggers.

While able to use bows but not as well as rangers rouges have a few talents that annoy the other classes. With the right focus on talents points, specials and gear rogues can keep up with any other class in the game.

Once the update is loaded the player begins making his half-elf rogue. He picks his talents that make him a duelist spec rogue. His duel wielding ability will annoy and frustrate some people but it is what sets him apart from other players of the same class as they focus on sniper specs.
Granted [Deadly Aim] is a nasty one shot ability and is the same as [back stab] but 1 shot glass canons are for new players who don't understand other talents combined with specials will make the game much easier.

When the player logs into the game after character creations is finished instead of looking at his toon off the screen of his computer he was looking through the eyes of his character. That is when the newly born Kalen knew something was not right with the game or with him.

Character Profile
Name Kalen DE ‘lance Nightrosé
Race Half Elf
Birth Status: Bastard son of Noble
Height 5 9 Weight 155
Hair Black Eye Blue

Identifying Marks or tattoos:
Scar above left eye

Character Background

Born of a union of a Noble Elf Sorcerous and a Human Swordsman Kalen is from 2 worlds but belongs to neither. His father a great warrior was able to wed and have a child of a noble born Elf. She gave up her nobility to live with her husband after a few years of adventuring. His mother’s previous suitors took this as an insult to their honor n plotted revenge.

His father had a unique style of 2 weapon combat that his enemies had problems understanding. Part luck, precision, and finesse over brute force and his father had the rare talent of being 2 handed meaning neither hand was dominant so it confused most sword masters on what blade was striking and what blade was defending. And after several duels of “honor” his father defeated his wife’s former suitors publically earning their ire that a mere commoner combined that he was not an elf had beaten them. This would lead to the to a tragedy and Kalen’s hunt for the Dark Riders.

One day while having an afternoon meal with his parents they walked into an ambush. Kalen was left for dead and has a scar above right eye from the encounter. His Uncle, his mother’s elder brother, took the task of caring for the child. His Uncle out of respect to his sister cared for him but to him and the elf community the child was too human to understand. While humans who lived close thought the boy was too much like an elf. Kalen’s dual nature would show in his training and studies as he had traits from both his parents but was neither fully human nor fully elf. Kalen had inherited being 2 handed, luck and finesse from his father and he gained his quick reflexes, keen eyesight from his mother.

Kalen dedicated himself to learning the way of the sword or more importantly how to fight like his father. His Uncle allowed him to focus and made sure he was tutored by the best weapon masters human and elf. Kalen’s Uncle wanted revenge on those who killed and had order the kill on his sister. Through his nephew he would be able punish those who harmed his sister n denied her peaceful life with her family.

Kalen discovered upon reading his father’s journal his father’s secret of 2 weapons fighting. He would make his opponent over react to slight pressure of his sword blade to give him an opening combined that he never had an offhand so he could easily use either sword for offense and defense as needed. His practiced hard so that his style and pattern seemed chaotic and hard to read. His father’s notes on how to parry so the blow only missed by a few inches so you could bring you blade back to counter strike was interesting. His father’s main focus was every strike was a block, and every block was a strike. Each sword could either block or strike in a quick, precise and fluid motion.

Kalen has met and killed several of the nobles who killed his parents and left him for dead. Their so called “Honor” let them to murder a family and including a child due to personal bitterness of being rejected in courtship. They had no interest in his mother other than increasing their status with their marriage of his mother. Kalen has no use for nobility who hide behind their name and not their deeds. But to this date he has not met the leader of the Bandits, a dark swordsman who seemed to have an aura of fear n death around him.

Kalen is a SellSword who sells his sword skill for coin. He has a code he lives by, honor is just a word an considering how people abuse the term honor to fit their agenda or pride his services come with a price. Now he has rules children and those who cannot fight he will not kill or tolerate if people try to harm them. He accepts duels and stand in as a champion for those who can’t fight.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Posting interest...no specific idea yet but will think of something :)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Interest thus far:

camus: Black Saint
drothgery: Lt Cmdr Shannon Bradley
kirinke: Amaryllis (Amy) Cináed Michaels - Pokemon Trainer
kirinke: Elizabet Adalard - Tomb Raider
MacynSnow Jinx
Neo-Paladin
shadow13 Kalen Night Rose
Starguard: Kal'annar

Note- the niches/ wish list I have are broad enough that multiple versions are encouraged/ acceptable/ possible. If everyone suddenly wanted to play the Thundercats with a Monkian... or a Jaffa Unit... it would have worked just as well.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Also interested.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

How do you like the trainer rebuild? I statted her critter out as a proper side kick.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Camus

Post by Camus »

What about the question I made? Is that acceptable or would you prefer a more known organization?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote:Also interested.
Sweet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

kirinke wrote:How do you like the trainer rebuild? I statted her critter out as a proper side kick.
Pity. I was starting to dig the summon version. You could also have a Feature: Gotta Catch me All. Essentially Alternate Powers to give different Pokemon... have enough versions and trade it for a full blown Variable Type.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Camus wrote:What about the question I made? Is that acceptable or would you prefer a more known organization?
I do prefer something more readily known. I didn't outright say it, but the examples I gave are often minion races with a few shining examples...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote:Posting interest...no specific idea yet but will think of something :)
Glad to hear it. Thanks!

BTW... I said Na'vi but not Avatars. I take that back. Either version works, but expect hell like the end of the movie... I am not trying to push this concept, just putting it out there.