The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Viv gave a fractional nod to Adeleth. "Indeed. Sightseeing is it? Well Hamburg is a city of canals and rivers- there are more bridges here than in Venice, or any other city in Europe, and some really stunning architecture. Quite a musical scene as well. For now, I believe we were supposed to meet with Herr Spengler first. Perhaps he will have something interesting lined up for us..."

She looked around the arrivals platform and waved in one direction. "Taxis are, I believe, this way. Shall we?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Sure, this is the first time I've been to Hamberg." she said honestly. "I'm more at home in the woods than the big city anyway." she said.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

According to the info Hagen gave you prior to departure, Spengler is currently occupying an office at the holdings of the Landeskriminalamt Hamburg (County Criminal Police Office) and it is there that you take the taxi.

After some asking around and a few puzzled and intrigued looks, you are motioned towards one of the offices. There, amidst a desk and several shelves full of books, papers and several things that look like futuristic computers imagined by someone from the 80s, sits a tall and quite overweight man in his late-40s wearing a faded Sabaton t-shirt. He's engrossed in the contents of a folder while apparently destroying his ears with whatever blasts out of his headphones - for those with some knowledge of metal, it sounds like something by Amon Amarth.

Given all of this, it's no surprise he does not notice you coming in.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly looks interestedly out of the windows of their transportation as they make their way across the city to the Landeskriminalamt Hamburg.

As they approach Spengler, and it becomes clear that the music is distracting him from noticing them, Lilly uses her powers to discretely dampen the sound coming out of his headphones into nothing (but not anything else, so sounds from outside will reach him normally).

[OOC: Concealment – 2 (All Hearing), Attack – 2, Ranged – 2, Selective Burst Area – 2 (10m radius), Subtle – 1, Precise; aimed just at the headphones.]
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He blinks. " Was zum..." (What the...) then looks up.
" Oh. Would you mind not doing that? I thought the damn things were broken again", he says, albeit with a slight smile.
" Welcome to my humble abode. I'd offer you something but the coffee alone here verges on assault and battery."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl chuckled. "Can't be worse than the stuff my dad likes. It doubles as an engine degreaser."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly is slightly surprised that he figured out what had happened so quickly, given that her power is invisible to the naked eye, but given the group that has just arrived she supposes it is not an enormous leap for him to have worked it out. She lets the sonic dampening drop, and his music blares from the headphones once again...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He switches the music off and looks at you. " Alright. Hagen hopefully told you what's going on. It's ugly. Really ugly. AQ wasn't what you'd call a law-abiding citizen, here or on our homeworld...but she was not a bad person. And a lot of people pretty much worshipped her."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl's eyebrow rose. "In my experience, when some people like you that much, there is an equal amount of people who are the opposite and some are always going to be rather upfront about it let's say." she said dryly as she found a chair, carefully set whatever was on it aside and sat down.

"He didn't give us much, other than she was murdered and messily so." she said soberly. "So what's going on and assume we know less than nothing about this." she said.

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Viv moved into the office with the others, as much as the space allowed. "A pleasure to meet you, Herr Spengler- I'm Viv DeLaCourte, formerly INTERPOL," she introduced herself with a smile. " We know a little bit about what is going on- what else can you tell us? Do you have a case file we can look over? And do you know if we will have access to the scene?"

>OOC: Presumably at some point during the cab ride she will have heard the name 'Alien Queen'. She will take a Well-informed/Investigation check of 26 on that.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Hi, I'm Adeleth. I'm curious. Presumably this Alien Queen was in charge of large, albeit not entirely legal, business venture. Who is in charge now? Was the continuity of power clean or is it still ongoing? I doubt we would have been called in if it were obvious she was killed by an underling wanting to move up."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I am Lilly Lullabye," Lilly says. "And are there any, what do you all them, suspects? Or traces of the attacker? Fur? Slime? Drool? Those sort of things? If these was a struggle as you say perhaps something was left behind that has provided some clues?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I'm Amy Michaels." she said. "Considering how messy her death was, we can probably safely say her spirit will not be at rest. Lilly and I can talk to ghosts and the like. We might get lucky and her ghost saw something useful if it's still around." she shrugged. "I dunno what other kind of help I can provide, other than talking to the kids my age involved in this."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Her business was entirely legal", Vigo says. " She bought the location legally and her club - the " Empire", like the one she owned in our world - had all the correct paperwork filed." He frowns. " The only thing she might have gotten into trouble with were the enhancements and modifications you could have gotten for your cyberware. Here...most of it's not entirely legal. But, to be honest...police here are chronically understaffed and overworked, even more so since the Merge. She had a lot of connections, to people on both sides of the law, though. And, of course, she and her club were a beacon for all those people from cyberpunk-ish worlds that were stranded here. Most of them heavily enhanced and almost all of them not keen on talking to the cops."
He scoffs. " They think we're in some big corporation's pocket. Yeah, right." He points at the computers on his table. " I had to get those myself. What they use here is a joke. If some big corp would pay the cops, they'd have better equip and be paid a lot better....and do a much worse job. Believe me, I know."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Did you kick up any suspects?" she asked. "Nearest and dearest, people who hated her guts, rivals, allies, co-workers, subordinates, the mentally unstable who were fixated on her, that sort of thing?" she sighed. "If not, then we're looking at a real wack-job who did this." she winced. "Bad choice of words, but you know what I mean."

"Whoever did this had some sort of feeling behind it. I mean, that level of violence kinda leads in that direction. So jealousy of her success is a possibility." she shrugged. "I honestly don't care if what she did was entirely legal or not. Our job here is to find her killer and to stop him, her or it from committing another murder." she looked pointedly at Vigo. "If our 'guy' is a serial killer, then either 'he' is just starting out or there's more we don't know about. That's another thing we need to rule out. Is there more murders like this?" she asked.

Battle Init