[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Power Play

Post by kenseido »

All

Taheka can travel in through the plumbing, but using sprinklers to spy is risky. He would need to pop the cap on one to be able to see or hear anything and that risks those around it popping. He would have to spend a lot of time holding back the water as sprinklers going off would put a quick end to the whole thing.
Ysariel

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Angela listens to the others plan. She is especially amused by the completely blank look Sky Guard gives Kit for suggesting that they essentially let themselves fall into a trap and stage a dramatic breakout, a plot straight out of a cheesy action comic book, complete with prime opportunity for the villain to monologue at them and give away all their plans.

"I'm not very good at sneaking," she confesses before flashing a smug smile, "However, I am a world-class pro at taking out super-science gizmos - if and when Oleander decides to reveal one at the opera house. I can't prepare anything in advance since we don't know what exactly it is, but I will be keeping a close eye out for anything like that."

A pause. "I'm also pretty decent at the 'punching villains' part," she adds, cocking a thumb at herself. "I suggest a multi-pronged attack to throw them off-balance. Kit can do his teleport thing, Taheka can spring a surprise from the sprinklers or pipes, and I can bust down a wall or two to come at them from a direction they don't expect."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1

"Yeah good idea Angela, while I can move through the plumbing i don't think I can spy out of the sprinklers without making a big mess and getting spotted. Also I haven't heard of anyone new in town but since I have been here I have noticed there is more magic stuff around than other places, so could be the extra help the Black Rose is taliking about."
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

"Use me as a distraction," Torako offers. "Oleander is undoubtly expecting me to try something. I'll sneak in to get their attention, then the rest of you back me up."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

"I know a couple cops who are probably good. While I'm not sure what they would pick up the gangsters for, they could be waiting I guess.", said Kit half heartily. He wasn't comfortable with binging people in based solely upon association. Taking in a villain with warrants was one thing. maybe there was some street kid who just joined the gang? Arresting them for nothing would only reinforce their views. The cops would know what to do though, he hoped.

When a multi front attack was proposed, Kit nodded. I can get a few in through a bathroom, storage area, or something while others enter through other means. Not sure of how good a scout I'd make, but I can try., added Kit. This was all getting a bit complicated for him, but than again, simple got him into trouble a lot before.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus [24 to hit]

As Ven listened to the others talk, he could see the majority pulling away from the use of subtlety, tactical maneuvering, and information gathering. Instead there was a bizarre romanticized ideal of reckless abandon that continued to pop up. Social and political matters were little consideration or weight as well. It was frustrating. But rather than fight it, he decided to try to manage the more hazardous aspects of the phenomena. Starting with this bit about busting down walls that Angela proposed as part of her entry into battle.

"Let's try to minimize structural damage to the building, whether it is in disuse or not. We do not want to make a habit of casual destruction and inflicting collateral damage."

... the winged man advised mildly. Trying to point out to the woman what she had proposed without scolding or rebuking. Later when Torako talked about going in alone and relying on her past history with the Black Rose Society to focus attention on her, he took on a cautionary stance. It was possible that same history was clouding her judgement.

"Your going in ahead of us with the hope of acting as a distraction is more likely to throw away any element of surprise we may have. Further, it isolates you from the rest of us. I advise against this."

At length, though he wasn't pleased, Ven raised a hand as though to try to halt the ideas being proposed which seemed to be gravitating more towards blunt force.

"Very well. We charge in gallantly from different points. After scouting has been performed first. Agreed?"
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

Kit shrugged in acceptance at Sky Guards suggestion. "Scouting first sounds fine with me. Wanna scout before the gangs start arriving or when do you want me to pop in?", inquires Kit. He was one voice in the team, so didn't want to presume to speak for us or force his own borderline reckless ways on others. Not everyone could just teleport out if it got to harry, he got it.

"If they spot me though, might need some back up quick. Maybe a dozen gang bangers, easy enough. A whole host of gangs plus a hero I might not last that long and us storming the gates after they spot me isn't going to be very impactful.", added Kit.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1

"Sweet sounds like a plan" Tamati agrees
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5

At Kit's request for a fast response option for back up, Sky Guard raises his left hand and gestures to their teammate Taheka.

"Taheka said that he should be able to get in through the plumbing. Give him time to get into position before you enter. That will allow him to quickly come to your aid if you are discovered."

When the question was raised concerning when to begin the scouting Ven paused briefly, thinking on the matter, before addressing the it.

"It may be beneficial to arrive early and observe them setting up. That is up to you. The longer you are sneaking around, the more chances they have to discover you."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

A quick survey of the building reveals that Black Rose has already secured it. There are guards inside and lookouts on the outside.
This is not a rush you move things forward. They secured the building before you got the information, so it is true no matter when you check it out. You still have a day to prep anything. But things are dragging a bit as they always do at planning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

"We still have a day and going in too early will tip them off. They probably have spotters around the place already. I can reach out to some cops and get them in on the loop while we prepare. Might be a good ideo to keep an eye on the place from the outside ourselves to know when everyone is going to start arriving. Probably need to keep watch in shifts or something since I can't stay up all day and night.", says Kit trying to wrap things up. Math was in their favour, but it wasn't like busting the door of the fake shadow base.

Kit looked around. "So, whose ready to bash some gangster and ninja heads?", remarks Kit.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

ooc: i can't really think of anything to add
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5 - 1 re-roll = 4

Seeing there were no further comments or concerns voiced by the rest of the group, Sky Guard takes a step away from the assembly and begins to make his exit from the scene.

"I'll take first watch. Torako can take second. You take the last shift Kit."

Once a respectful distance from the others he unfolds his winds and takes to the air. Heading back into the city he flies close to the urban terrain of buildings, weaving in between them to help conceal his approach to the opera house before finally ascending to a structure a reasonable distance away from which he can monitor the going on's at the opera house. Or at least the more obvious coming and going of people and things.
OOC wrote:In the event staking out the opera house will have any narrative impact, here is a Stealth roll for Sky Guard trying to go unnoticed and a Perception check for taking note of less obvious things.

Stealth check Stealth: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13 I'll use a HP to re-roll that.
Re-Rolled Stealth check re-roll Stealth: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

Perception check Perception: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22 Sky Guard also has Extended Vision 1, if that matters.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Skyguard

Shortly after the sun goes down, an SUV arrives and they unload about six small boxes and take them inside.
This is the only event that occurs during any watch.

If you want to interfere with the delivery, you can.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

When it seemed everyone had agreed to the plan, Kit took a stroll over to the fridge and grabbed some lemonade. Popping back into his room to grab the phone then back into the yard to make a call. Is Detective Zim there?, inquired Kit of the desk sergeant who picked up Zim's phone. After a back and forth of who he was, the sergeant went from official sounding to more relaxed. Kit didn't recognize the sergeants name, but guessed she was at the bar when Kit bought a couple rounds.

Detective Zim recognized Kit immediately. Zim was one of the more social cops and even tried to get Kit to date his sister. Politely, Kit had said maybe another time. Still, the detective became of the people Kit cold call for inf or a quick favour. Depending on the size though, it might mean a blind date. I heard you guys were looking into some new gang coming into the city. We got some leads and are going to go after these evil florists, Dark Roses that are assembling all the gangs probably to make an ambush for us. When it all goes down, you might have quite a few local gangs fleeing the scene if there is any you wanted to pick up., said Kit over the line.

After another back and forth on setting barriers, doing their best to keep the attack a secret, and such Zim said he would get all the good cops together and get it set up. Kit and Zim talked for a few more minutes about some minor details, nothing Kit wasn't expecting, and Zim went off to prepare.

The rest of the day, Kit spent doing his watch and getting ready to teleport into a bathroom to sneak about for scouting.