Any D&D 5e conversions?

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
CoyoteUnion

Any D&D 5e conversions?

Post by CoyoteUnion »

I wanted to convert a bunch of 5e monsters to M&M, but I don't know where to start. All I see is 3.5e conversions (I know they're similar but they def aren't identical), and I only have 5e. Does anyone know where I can find some conversions or tips to help me get started?
Scots Dragon

Re: Any D&D 5e conversions?

Post by Scots Dragon »

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about D&D 5e's specifics.

The 3.5e conversions are close enough to be used without too much trouble. I recommend checking out the Super-Powered Bestiary.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

CoyoteUnion wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:06 am I wanted to convert a bunch of 5e monsters to M&M, but I don't know where to start. All I see is 3.5e conversions (I know they're similar but they def aren't identical), and I only have 5e. Does anyone know where I can find some conversions or tips to help me get started?
I found this website, and we while 5 years old, it might prove useful:

https://medium.com/@cbegin/generic-muta ... f3ffc53686

This table in particular:

It also helps that M&M is an outgrowth of D&D 3.5. 3rd edition M&M basically just replaced the 12-13=+1 attribute ranks with the bonuses. So a Str 1 in M&M equates to a Str 12-13 in D&D. From there you can take care of a lot of the basics.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Hell, M&M 2E still uses the same system as D&D 3.5E for attributes.

Beyond that, you can generally get away with eyeballing and playing with ideas and not having to worry about specifics. Just go for something that fits the concept more than the specifics of the rules.

These are monsters which have gone through radical shifts in mechanics already between a half-dozen editions after all.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

My Castellia thread has 3e D&D stuff, though the conversions are nowhere near scientific and more just me guessing.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=485&hilit=Castellia
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Two more resources (both done by folks around her) that you might want to look at:

Krinke's list

and this is turning out more difficult to find links for than expected.. but there was a wonderful series of Monster Manuals. I'll look again later or if someone else wants to put it in :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:54 am My Castellia thread has 3e D&D stuff, though the conversions are nowhere near scientific and more just me guessing.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=485&hilit=Castellia
Honestly, conversions are more art than science anyway. These are creatures which have remained conceptually pretty much the exact same since their introduction but have been interpreted and reinterpreted through several radically different game systems. And hell, given the Basic line and the fact that 1st Edition was actually not the first of the editions, plus spin-offs like the various retroclones (including Pathfinder), it's actually way more than a mere five of them.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:33 pm and this is turning out more difficult to find links for than expected.. but there was a wonderful series of Monster Manuals. I'll look again later or if someone else wants to put it in :)
Super Powered Bestiary by Jacob Blackmon
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.