BSDQ's FdH Gallery (Coalition of Champions, Mythos Villains)

For those with an inclination towards visual arts.
bsdigitalq

Concorde: Delphi, Skytower

Post by bsdigitalq »

Ok, so it's been a while. Have a few more characters.

Concorde
Concorde is one of two major Canadian hero teams in the Extraordinary Mythos. They're an independent group quite unlike the Magistrate Wardens, the other, government-run team, but have been around for quite some time.

Delphi
The founder and leader of Concorde. She ranks as one of the longest lasting heroes still active, and until Virago arrived she was easily the most powerful and skilled psychic on Earth. She's notable for having a rather sizeable rogues gallery consisting of some major villains, to the point where many people forget that these villains are technically her rogues, and not major general threats.

Skytower
Skytower is the resident powerhouse of Concorde, a size-changing physicist from Vancouver descended from an old science hero named Doc Dynamo, himself descended from some American slaves that fled into Canada shortly before the Civil War.

Last edited by bsdigitalq on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bsdigitalq

The Solidarity: Energia, Jagerin

Post by bsdigitalq »

Next up, a couple members of another superteam...

The Solidarity
The Solidarity is loose association of heroes from across Europe. Inspired by the formation of the European Union, the idea was to create a group that would advertise a sense of pan-European unity. So far, it's had mixed results. Many members have left, and the lineup is in constant flux. No matter what, people bring their issues with them, and naturally there are tensions between heroes of certain nations. The group has been accused of being a puppet of the European Union, but they deny it, claiming that they were merely inspired by the Union, as well as by groups like the Solidarity Party.

Energia
A Ukrainian anti-nuclear activist turned into a living, walking nuclear reactor thanks to mutations in her family caused by the Chernobyl disaster. Originally a terrorist, she's trying out a different path in life. Wears a protective suit designed to keep her radioactive energies in check.

Jagerin
Jagerin hails from one of many clandestine monster hunting societies that exist all over Earth, who rebelled and fled from her clan due to their overly and brutal methods that failed to distinguish between the monsters and their victims.

Last edited by bsdigitalq on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bsdigitalq

Vendetta, Widowmaker, Manticore

Post by bsdigitalq »

A few more characters this week:

Vendetta
A former member of the Sisterhood of Blood, a nefarious secret society of women mercenaries and assassins, she was betrayed by a senior member of the society after she refused to kill a couple people who witnessed one of their assassinations. But she survived her own assassination, and after being returned to health and fighting shape, she has vowed to bring down the Sisterhood and avenge her "death."

Widowmaker
The Widowmaker is a title within the Sisterhood of Blood for one of their most elite members, due to her prowess at killing. She is the person who "killed" Vendetta, using that woman's refusal to harm "innocents" as an excuse to off a potential rival within the organization. In fact, she is so paranoid about someone else claiming the title that she has subjected herself to numerous bodily modifications in order to become the ultimate killing machine. Now she is Vendetta's archnemesis, and the two repeatedly clash in violent but inconclusive battles.

Manticore
Manticore is a cybernetic monstrosity created by the Chinese government that went rogue. An omnicidal misanthrope, he desires to inflict upon humanity the same sort of suffering that he endured in his creation. He is the founder and leader of the Beastiary, a group of outcast mutants who all share a common enmity toward humanity due to the suffering inflicted upon them. Megabeast of the Allegiance used to be a member of this group, but when Manticore threatened fellow Beastiary member Leviathan over their relationship, Megabeast snapped and tore Manticore apart before leaving the group. After rebuilding himself, Manticore has vowed to fulfill his dream of destroying humanity, and destroy Megabeast once and for all.

bsdigitalq

Re: BSDQ's FdH Gallery (Coalition of Champions, Mythos Villains)

Post by bsdigitalq »

After the momentary interruption caused by Photobucket's temper tantrum, we return you to your regular service...
bsdigitalq

Vanguard

Post by bsdigitalq »

Aaaaaand we're back! Got another new team here:

Vanguard
A relatively recent newcomer in the hero community, Vanguard is a personal project of Captain Meteor. After reforming the Allegiance and leading them for a while, Meteor decided to retire from superheroics to help Virago raise their family in California. But a life of relaxation and retirement didn't sit well with him, and so barely a year later, Captain Meteor announced his return to heroics. But with the Allegiance primarily based out of New York City and largely serving the East Coast, he was hesitant to rejoin them. So as a way to keep himself relatively close to family, he decided to form a West Coast counterpart to the Allegiance. Calling on some of the most notable heroes from the western half of the United States, he founded Vanguard, basing it out of San Diego. The presence of veteran heroes like Captain Meteor alongside popular newcomers like Icestorm and Kilauea helped to legitimize the team, and now they are the hottest topic in the hero community, much to the chagrin of Stormlord and the Coalition of Champions.

Captain Meteor
One of the oldest and most famous superheroes period, he was an ordinary man transformed into a cosmic powerhouse after being transported to an alien planet by a magical totem. He is a founding member of the Allegiance. He spent a long period of time away from Earth to decisively defeat his greatest enemy, Eschaton, during which the dark age of superheroics ensued. After returning victorious and leading the second Grand Assembly to defeat August Star and his Dark Allegiance, he has spent a great deal of time repairing the reputation and legacy of the heroic community. Right now he is experiencing a renaissance in his career after reforming the Allegiance. Though he initially retired from heroics after doing that so as to spend more time raising his family, he recently returned by forming a new team of heroes called Vanguard, although he is just as often seen showing his children the ropes of their powers.

Evergreen
A extraterrestrial shapeshifting plant woman who primarily operates out of Washington state.

Gatecrasher

A young anti-establishment lady who developed the ability to instantly port in and out of reality, initially using it to play havoc with those she deemed 'corrupt' until she met Captain Meteor.

Icestorm
Oregon-based nuclear physicist who developed the nuclear powered ability to completely violate the laws of thermodynamics, primarily through cold-themed energy manipulation, after an accident involving a cold fusion generator.

Kilauea

The most well known hero from Hawaii, Kilauea is a woman who claims to be a blood relative of the volcano goddess Pele, and combines fire-based abilities with superstrength and a fiery fish-hook on a flaming rope akin to the demigod Maui.

La Gargola

A wealthy Hispanic technology tycoon seeking to drive out gangs and cartels from the streets by wearing a suit of powered armor that makes him look like a winged demon.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ah, these guys. Some of your most beloved creations, judging by the reactions on DA. Especially for Cosmic Spider-Man, Sexy Moana and Green Chick In White :). Icestorm is one of the most eye-catching designs you've made, though- I can easily see this guy becoming a "Spider-Gwen" situation where a one-off appearance turns into more because of fan demand.

Evergreen is a terrific "Dave Cockrum" design- high-hip boots and funky skin? Sign me up! Captain Meteor is one of the more solid Supermanalogue designs out there, too.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 am ah, these guys. Some of your most beloved creations, judging by the reactions on DA. Especially for Cosmic Spider-Man, Sexy Moana and Green Chick In White :). Icestorm is one of the most eye-catching designs you've made, though- I can easily see this guy becoming a "Spider-Gwen" situation where a one-off appearance turns into more because of fan demand.

Evergreen is a terrific "Dave Cockrum" design- high-hip boots and funky skin? Sign me up! Captain Meteor is one of the more solid Supermanalogue designs out there, too.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the huge response these guys got compared to my usual postings. They all really hit some kind of good nerve, cause I seldom get as much activity as I did with them. Guess maybe I should boost up their prominence a bit in term of story significance, instead of it being "That one team Captain Meteor is running."
bsdigitalq

Magic Heroes & Villains

Post by bsdigitalq »

Hey everyone! It's been a while! Let's fix that. ;)

So here's a set of magical heroes and villains.

Aeon the Archmage
The preeminent magical practitioner of the world for the past century or so, a former occult detective turned wizard by the previous Archmage after that man was stricken by a powerful curse. Has been a leader of a few major groups of guardian mages and mystic heroes like the Order of the Golden Dawn and the Pentacle.

Blackstone
A former college student who came into possession of the Night Stone, a mystic gem created to absorb and entrap all black magic and evil mystic entities. Now as the "good" dark wizard Blackstone, he has embarked on a mission to use the Night Stone to remove all mystic threats from reality. Because of its dark magic absorbing properties, the Night Stone allows Blackstone to use dark and evil magics without becoming corrupted by them.

Janus the Overseer
Janus is an Overseer, an order of Primordials that have appointed themselves to be the custodians of all reality, while observing a strict code of noninterference in the internal matters of the realities they tend to. However, an Overseer can personally enter a particular reality, but only if it gives up the majority of its considerable cosmic power. Janus is one such Overseer, and has entered this universe in order to keep an eye on two fallen Overseer imprisoned in this reality. He has usually taken the form of some sort of divine entity or powerful wizard, and in the modern age has assumed the form of a cosmic-themed magus clad in alien armor.

And now for the bad guys!

The Thaumaturge
The Thaumaturge was originally a cautionary tale told to aspiring wizards of the dangers of obsession in the magical world, and what could happen if one tried to master all forms of magical practice. But over time, stories were piled onto stories, until the Thaumaturge became a kind of ultimate magical boogeyman, an archmagus who was practically an evil demigod. And then it turned out he was a real person. Ever since his sudden reappearance and confirmation of his reality, he has become one of the greatest active mystic threats on Earth, and a major adversary to Aeon and his allies.

Mortis Rex
Mortis Rex is an American necromancer who travels through the nation's more isolated and rural communities, adding their populations to an ever growing army of the dead, alongside his own personal band of followers, the "Deathwalkers." He is an archnemesis of the Rising Stars, the team of teen and young adult heroes from the Xidorn International Extraordinary Academy, and in particular of Necro Girl, who used to be one of Mortis Rex's acolytes.

Doctor Crypt
Doctor Crypt is a former occult detective like Aeon and was a bitter rival of him. When Aeon was chosen over him for inheriting the title of Archmage, he made a deal with a group of ancient psuedo-demonic beings trapped on Earth for revenge. He lured Aeon and the Golden Dawn into the dimensional prison of these entities, resulting in the deaths of all involved except for Aeon, who managed to escape and trap Crypt and his masters in the dimension. For his failure, Crypt was punished by his masters, and over time became transformed into a horrific humanoid abomination. But now he has returned to finished what he started so many decades ago.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I've gotta admit that you're great at using that picture generator, I've been playing with it a little bit and I'm having a difficult time figuring it out.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I've been messing about with it too, and it's tricky to use. BSDQ also uses some Photoshopping to edit, apparently :).
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Yeah, I do some light photoshopping on a few of these. Nothing huge or anything, just mostly erasing some bad lines or adjusting something whose position is slightly off. I think the characters that most heavily use Photoshop are Amelia Rostek and Janus, as it is not possible to do a rainbow gradient or starfield in FdH.

Thanks for the compliments Tattoo. Just years of practice using this thing. :)
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Hey there. I wondered if this thread is well and truly dead or if there is another place where your newer work is posted or if you finished posting all your characters. About once a year, I scroll through these 6 pages and consider places where I could purloin a name or image or idea for my own world.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm Hey there. I wondered if this thread is well and truly dead or if there is another place where your newer work is posted or if you finished posting all your characters. About once a year, I scroll through these 6 pages and consider places where I could purloin a name or image or idea for my own world.
He’s on deviantart here: https://www.deviantart.com/bsdigitalq
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:20 pm
drkrash wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm Hey there. I wondered if this thread is well and truly dead or if there is another place where your newer work is posted or if you finished posting all your characters. About once a year, I scroll through these 6 pages and consider places where I could purloin a name or image or idea for my own world.
He’s on deviantart here: https://www.deviantart.com/bsdigitalq
I can confirm. I was posting over there, but it didn’t stick for me. BSDQ followed me and we exchanged some messages.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, there's a lot of good designs here and on BSDQ's deviantArt page. He's got a really fun supers setting, one that got some elaboration over in his build's thread, though it's fallen behind this thread in terms of updates.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.