The (Mostly) Comic Art of AWRowland

For those with an inclination towards visual arts.
Shock

Re: The (Mostly) Comic Art of AWRowland

Post by Shock »

I really like those Empyrean Command character highlights.

Also, nice to see you're still kicking around.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:15 am I really like those Empyrean Command character highlights.

Also, nice to see you're still kicking around.
I'm still around, though I haven't been on EotM for several months. I just wanted to finish posting the remainder of those comic pages and get the promos for the EC up. I had to drop in and check jabroniville's thread for his original characters, since he asked me to after he looked up my Deviant Art page. I also connect with T-man on DA, so I'm not completely out of touch. As I'm trying to get my part of the writing for the Empyrean Command comic done I spend most of my time on line either on DA or Facebook.

Once I get my part of the writing done I'll have more time since we're hiring a more accomplished artist to do the actual interior art for the book. Of course I'm still doing a good deal of the promo art and I'll have to work on the Kickstarter page, but step-by-step we're getting there. Finishing off my major work for EC only frees up my time for my next project and then hopefully EC goes over well enough that we'll have to do another story arc for that. Essentially I never want to not be busy with comic stuff, but I'm working on arranging free blocks of time for a return to the gaming boards.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

May 25th is Red Nose Day 2017 in the USA, please remember to give.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Very cool!

Nice to see you HnH
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay...well, just in case it turns out to be an "in game" thing, here's a redesign of Magnitude from New Vindicators.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Rounding out a forgotten New Vindicators character I'd promised to draw, but then got busy and neglected. EnigmaticOne's illusionist, Imago.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

It's here! Now available on IndyPlanet, the Indy Heroes for Hurricane Relief Coloring Book! Put together by Pam Harrison and published by ICC (independent Creators Connection), this book features donated line art by a bunch of Indy comic artists (including yours truly)! Want a gift that also benefits those affected by the devastating hurricanes of 2017? This is the thing! http://www.indyplanet.us/156144/

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Candyman! Years ago when the "New Vindicators Academy of Europe" pbp first started, I got into the game with this character. I've changed characters since, but I still have a fondness for Vladislav Radikovich aka Candyman!
Terry3784

Post by Terry3784 »

Good morning! Hope that you will reconsider this issue.You are very successful writer. Wish you to have a lot of inspiration.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Wow! I've been gone a long time, but here's a taste of what I've been working on...
These are mock covers for Empyrean Command #1, though it won't be until November that Empyrean Command #0 is released. Cover Art is by Gilbert Monsanto. Graphics and cover design by Eric N. Bennett. Story and interior pencils by Andrew W. Rowland (me). Inks by Jake Isenberg and Fish Lee. Colors by Tristan MacDonald.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone will look for this book on Indyplanet in November!

Shock

Post by Shock »

How is it going to be released? Where do I get it?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

It will be released Print-on-Demand through IndyPlanethttp://www.indyplanet.com/, though I'll have a certain number for my own website (which will launch around the same time) where people will be able to pick up it, plus other Monument Publications swag.

I'll make sure to check back in just before it goes live to update the actual release date and post a pic of the real cover for issue #0.