Need help with a hero

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Chubbyninja28

Need help with a hero

Post by Chubbyninja28 »

Hey everyone! New to the site and alot of these house rules confuse me, so I thought I would try to get some help putting a character on paper for my next game(if I ever get to play on here).

He is a hero my brother and I have created but never wrote about, influenced by a joke me and my brother had about old horror films and books. Everyone in the past seemed to be terrified or "driven mad" by things that modern day people would just find annoying. We laughed about it for a while then our hero Beural E Measles was born.

When he dies it's temporary, has a mirroring ability, gets healed by being beaten up, and has a minion that is a super powered nuisance at best that is the source of his abilities. And the minion summons in other things like him sometimes on purpose, sometimes on accident, just depends on the day.
Arkrite

Re: Need help with a hero

Post by Arkrite »

A lot of these questions depend on what system you're using.
I'm assuming you're using M&M 3rd Edition.
http://www.d20herosrd.com/home/
Chubbyninja28 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 pm When he dies it's temporary
Sounds like he'd need ranks in Immortality. The more ranks the faster he'd come back.
Chubbyninja28 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 pm has a mirroring ability
Mirroring in what way?
If it's making multiple copies of himself I think that's under Summoning now?
I'd swear there used to be a Duplication power but I'm probably mistaken.

Chubbyninja28 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 pm gets healed by being beaten up
Probably just Regeneration and just note it doesn't work on rounds you aren't actively being damaged.
You could do Healing with a triggered effect, but it's overly complicated and expensive after a while.
Chubbyninja28 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 pm and has a minion that is a super powered nuisance at best that is the source of his abilities
Depends on how you want to do it, but you could just claim the minion is a GM controlled NPC and let the GM worry about it from there.
Otherwise it'd probably be built under either Sidekick or Minion in the Advantage section.
The big difference is that Minions are a lot cheaper to build, but they get KOed in one failed save, where Sidekicks are like heroes and continue to fight until they fail their toughness save by DC15 (I think).