Name for a character

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
M4C8

Name for a character

Post by M4C8 »

I've finally reached 70 characters in my 'Next-Gen' verse (I was at 68 for ages which poked annoyingly at my OCD) and while I'm happy with them all for the most part I'm not happy with one of their code names, it just doesn't 'sit right' in my head, I wonder if anyone has any ideas?

The character is the son of Colossus and Shadowcat and has density manipulation abilities similar to the Vision.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Name for a character

Post by Ares »

Iron Curtain? Russian origin, implies both rigidity, but also something that can be swept aside, so something both strong yet flexible?

Cheshire? Cat that could alter it's appearance, making parts of its body disappear, which has a cat theme and some implied form shifting?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ghost: with Vision's phase shifting abilities,i always thought it was wierd they never gave him this name...

Giant:Size manipulation taken to a decent spot.Instead of getting larger in size,his Muscles get larger...

Shade:Marvel should still have the right's to the name,so why not use it?...
Ken

Post by Ken »

Siberian Tiger

"Siberian" evokes the Russian half of her heritage.

Tigers are known both for their camouflage, which she can do by phasing into things, and their physical might, which she would have with the high density.

And of course, tigers are cats, so it's a reference to her mum.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Come on, he's half Russian. Don't let Kitty deny his heritage.

Phase - Faza "фаза"

Steel Ghost - Stal'noy prizrak "Стальной призрак"

Density - Plotnost' "плотность"
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Thanks for the replies, out of those suggested so far 'Shade' sits most comfortably in my head-space (though of course that could change again at some point)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Chubbyninja28

Post by Chubbyninja28 »

Quazi
Because he is quasi Colossus and quasi Shadowcat
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Iron Shadow?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ozmium

Gravitas

Singularity

Lodestone

Quark

Blackstarr

Massa (means mass in Russian}

Anteus
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.