Question for all board members regarding an upcoming Kickstarter

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Ares
Site Admin

Question for all board members regarding an upcoming Kickstarter

Post by Ares »

So, later this year I'm going to actually give a shot towards Kickstarting a homebrew RPG I've been working on for a while, and I would like some a message board to go along with it to answer questions and build up a community.

Echoes was designed primarily to keep a community of people together while also expanding on it, while being inclusive to all RPG systems.

I've been giving some thought as to whether or not I'd like to use Echoes as the official message board for said game, though all that would change is that there'd be a section dedicated to the rules, upcoming release dates, polls, and so forth. Everything else would stay the same and there'd be no mandated need for all RPG related stuff to suddenly be exclusive to my system.

At the same time, I don't want there to be any possible conflict of interests or anyone to feel that I'm exploiting the community here for my own gain. It might ultimately be better just to give that game its own message board than making it a sub-forum here. This being my first Kickstarter, I've never done this sort of thing before.

So, I want everyone to weigh in. The reason I'm doing this now is so that if its better to have a separate message board, I can start working on it on the side during the upcoming months. I figure it's better to get an idea now than wait til the last second.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Question for all board members regarding an upcoming Kickstarter

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I think it's perfectly reasonable so long as you don't start requiring us to buy into it to keep our accounts. :-D

Heck, Green Ronin pushed new products on RoninArmy as they came up.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

We're guests in your house, Ares. Raucous ones at that. Feel free.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

By all means, do it. You've done a good thing in maintaining this site, you deserve to have nice things. With any luck your homebrew RPG will be another good thing, attract more good people, and we'll all have nice things as a result.
Unless of course you're going to make something awful that attracts a terrible fanbase, like [insert your favorite RPG here]. That thing's terrible and attracts the worst people. /sarcasm
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I say post it here, that way we all get first look! Hell if you want/need any opinions on the system before the kickstarter, I know there are several people here (me included) who would be more than willing to look it over.
Formerly luketheduke86
Shock

Post by Shock »

If you want to have a section here for your own stuff, I say go for it. I really don't see how it would harm the community here.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

L-Space wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:10 pm I say post it here, that way we all get first look! Hell if you want/need any opinions on the system before the kickstarter, I know there are several people here (me included) who would be more than willing to look it over.
I'm all for you putting it on here,as well,as like BG said, We're just Loud&Opinionated guest's you put up with..... :lol:

I'd also like to see this Homebrewed RPG of yours,see if it's any good.Like L-Space said,it never hurts to have more Eyes of a project.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Go for it.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Heck yes! I am curious and excited to see what you have in store.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I agree with what others have already said - it's your sandbox, that you're kind enough to share with the rest of us. So if you want to post about your Kickstarter, then do so. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.

The only thing I might add is perhaps making a new section where kickstarters or new products could be shared.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:08 am The only thing I might add is perhaps making a new section where kickstarters or new products could be shared.
That is actually a very good idea. I think I'll add that to the General Area.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing this. Hopefully, this might be the MnM alternative I've been considering for my setting stuff. :)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I also just want to say thank you to everyone for all of your support, and I will keep you all posted with my progress.