Anyone have crowns or fillings?

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Jabroniville

Anyone have crowns or fillings?

Post by Jabroniville »

I have four crowns now, and need another one soon after I busted off the back portion of a tooth. It's somewhat annoying, but I actually like the crowns I have now. I used to grind my teeth a lot as a teen, and never really realized how bad that was until much later- I didn't wear a night-grinding device until later, and dropped it in college when the tooth-sensitivity (which is why my dentist suspected I was grinding them) went away, and it never came back. HOWEVER, it turns out I possibly did more damage to my teeth later on, though they've always been pretty flat. I mean, I don't even recall having teeth that WEREN'T flat and filled with little "pits".

After one sketchy dentist tried to fit me with six crowns IMMEDIATELY, I went back to my family dentist, who slowly put in four of them, and I've had those for years. Plus I needed a filling on a bicuspid that shaved off part of the side, replicating the cusp of it. And a small filling to replace a chip on a front tooth.

I think I just have super-fragile teeth, but a lifelong candy habit probably didn't improve things any :).
Tattooedman

Re: Anyone have crowns or fillings?

Post by Tattooedman »

At least you have the majority of your teeth.

I became diabetic a couple years ago, & apparently that can cause some serious damage to your teeth if you don't get on top of it. So long story short I ended up losing ALL of my top teeth & now have to wear a dental plate.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Tattooedman wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 pm At least you have the majority of your teeth.

I became diabetic a couple years ago, & apparently that can cause some serious damage to your teeth if you don't get on top of it. So long story short I ended up losing ALL of my top teeth & now have to wear a dental plate.
At least you got off light compared to my mom.

She became a Borderline diabetic when i was in HS and had to have her teeth removed as a result.Turned out,ANOTHER full set of teeth was trying to push it's way out! she had to have major surgery to remove them,but she DID get to have dentures made of 'em to fit her gums better....
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

No crowns for me, but about a dozen or so fillings. I'm trying to get better about brushing and flossing but it never seems to quite stem the tide.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

No crowns for me, but I've got a nice collection of cowls.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I tend to have fillings,as i wind-up eating a lot of Deep-fried Chicken and othe fantastically Unhealthy food.... :lol:
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Nothing here, except for some tartar and a double canine years ago I never gota problem. Heck, my dentist is amazed that my upper canines are still pointy.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

I think I remember having one filling in a 'baby tooth' and that's it, my teeth grew naturally straight despite my mother having real problems with her teeth when she was a kid. I've been drinking at least a pint of coke a day for well over fifteen years and in the time since I left school (nearly twenty years now) I've only been to the dentist twice because I mostly don't go out.
Roughly two years ago I had to have a back tooth removed because it had grown at an odd angle which allowed crap to get under it and the tooth started to decay, it's my own fault really, if I'd had gone in more often they would have seen it and sorted the problem. Oh and I now have a small chip on one of my front teeth due to biting my nails :oops:
My teeth are not pearly white and the enamel is fading on the two front ones but all in all I think I've been quite lucky to be honest, which in of itself is weird as I'm usually not lucky at all.
Last edited by M4C8 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Beleriphon

Post by Beleriphon »

I had the wisdom teeth pulled, one just came straight out, very simple extraction. The rest, had to be broken apart. A bit of tooth came out a month later when I was in Japan.

Other than that a few small fillings.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Nothing at all. Still have my wisdom teeth, even.