A Thread for ?s about our favorite characters

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Goldar

A Thread for ?s about our favorite characters

Post by Goldar »

Hi everyone!

I don't know if this is a good idea or if it is one that others would want, but I was thinking could we/should we have a thread for asking questions about our favorite (or even un-favorite!) characters?

A non-judgmental, non-argumentative spot where we can ask questions related to characters, their powers, abilities and even for builds. So for example, someone might ask "How fast is Quicksilver? Should he have a 10 speed or 15 nowadays?"

Or maybe it is about how someone's powers work (such as Wasp), have changed, developed, what the current level is today (Scarlet Witch), etc.

What do you all think?
Jabroniville

Re: A Thread for ?s about our favorite characters

Post by Jabroniville »

Might be a fun idea, though comics aren't so good at answering questions like that these days- guys just kinda do what they do, and fight scenes are often much shorter (or seen in the background of something).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Still, having a thread where we could try might be nice.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thanks for the reply Jab and Ken and for the support!

Yep, I agree Jab that comics today don't do what they once did and also tend to make everyone equals be it speed, strength, magic or psionics. But there really are differences and subtleties between almost all characters. We can explore that here!

I will definitely be on as much as possible and post what I know. Besides the popular characters, I am a fan of the obscure ones too!

If I am not familiar with a character or their modern/present appearance, I have no problem saying that.

I think it could be fun, enjoyable and interesting as well! And it might also provide characters not previously statted.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Has the team writing The new Thor and the original tackled the consequences of Thor Odinson Life force was imbued into Mjolnir after it shattered fighting his Grandfather? He went to Dr.Strange to assist in repairing Mjolnir. That being asked could his very view of himself or his actions make imaim unworthy to lift it . I know they have introduced the Cosmic storm angle of Mjolnir and it's creation, just curious what everyone else though.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

A thread like this would be more than fine, or even individual threads about certain characters. I'd say post them either in the Comics/Books thread if it's a question about a character, or in Debate if you want to actually debate a character's portrayal for an extended period.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

OK, thanks Ares.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Steve Rogers. Always Steve Rogers. As Captain America, as it should be, Nomad, or the Commander, always Steve Rogers. 8-)
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

StarGuard wrote:Steve Rogers. Always Steve Rogers. As Captain America, as it should be, Nomad, or the Commander, always Steve Rogers. 8-)
Yes and yes to Captain America is Steve Rogers..always.