One of my dogs is sick.

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Hoid

One of my dogs is sick.

Post by Hoid »

I own two miniature daschunds. One of them—-Delilah—-has been under the weather a while. We finally took her down to the vet, today, and, it turns out, it’s extremely likely she has some sort of immunodeficiency thingy causing her body to turn on its own red blood cells.

Now, considerably more tests need to be run, as the above is merely a guess based on observable diagnosis. X-rays are on the way, so I’ll know soon enough. My hope is, this is just an ugly scare, nothing more. However, Delilah is elderly by dog standards, so this isn’t entirely a surprise.

So, now it’s a waiting-game. *sighs*
MacynSnow

Re: One of my dogs is sick.

Post by MacynSnow »

Hoid wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:04 pm I own two miniature daschunds. One of them—-Delilah—-has been under the weather a while. We finally took her down to the vet, today, and, it turns out, it’s extremely likely she has some sort of immunodeficiency thingy causing her body to turn on its own red blood cells.

Now, considerably more tests need to be run, as the above is merely a guess based on observable diagnosis. X-rays are on the way, so I’ll know soon enough. My hope is, this is just an ugly scare, nothing more. However, Delilah is elderly by dog standards, so this isn’t entirely a surprise.

Sorry to hear 'bout your dog man.I myself have owned dogs on-off for 32 years,so i know how you must be feeling right now.If you need anything,just send me a pm(i check echoes about 3-4 times a day unless i'm paying bills)......
Ken

Post by Ken »

What a bitch! I hope she gets better.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 pm What a bitch! I hope she gets better.
...ha.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Hoid wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:04 pm I own two miniature daschunds. One of them—-Delilah—-has been under the weather a while. We finally took her down to the vet, today, and, it turns out, it’s extremely likely she has some sort of immunodeficiency thingy causing her body to turn on its own red blood cells.

So sorry. I haven't had pets in a long while but...yeah, I remember when my great little mongrel dog, Lucy, passed away-I had her from the time I was 12 till 27!!! and man, it hurt when she was gone. That was a long way in the rear view mirror, but I still miss seeing my mutt around.

All my best.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I'm sorry to hear that man. I hope all goes well for the pup.
Formerly luketheduke86
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

*hug* :(
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Well, Delilah is home, and she’s doing MUCH better. She’s still not out of the woods, and we’ll need to watch her for certain specific conditions, buuuut, my puppy is up and about!
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm glad she's home and on the upswing. :)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Hoid wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:58 am Well, Delilah is home, and she’s doing MUCH better. She’s still not out of the woods, and we’ll need to watch her for certain specific conditions, buuuut, my puppy is up and about!
This brought a real smile to my face. Excellent news. Keep us updated.