The Incident

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Batgirl III

The Incident

Post by Batgirl III »

So, as many of you are no doubt aware, in the final days of the Ronin Army forum there was The Incident.

This Incident involved me, a fellow poster, and one of the mods. From my perspective, it seems that what I intended as an off-hand comment about one thing was misconstrued as a deliberate endorsement of another thing entirely... Before I could clarify my statement or explain myself a moderator got involved and the Ban Hammer fell. Hard.

I considered putting together some sort of lengthy defense of what happened. With citations, screen shots, and whatnot. But, to be honest, I'd rather forget the whole damn thing ever happened. This post is going to be my final word on The Incident.

Lara Croft / Claire Conte: if you are reading this, I want to extend a heartfelt apology to you personally. What happened between us was a simple disagreement over art styles, but due to the limitations on conveying nuance/tone in the text-only world of forums... Well... Some of the things I wrote "read" far differently on your screen than they "wrote" on mine. For my part in The Incident, I can only ask for your forgiveness.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
greycrusader

Re: The Incident

Post by greycrusader »

I wasn't involved but I DID see the posts, including that of the moderator. The reaction was reflexive and should not have resulted in a permanent ban. I understand the background experiences of the mod involved, but it was not fair or even civil. I realize it could have been worded so as to read as less confrontational, and was subject to the wrong interpretation. But it was not nakedly offensive.

I wrote a plea to another moderator on your behalf, even though I largely disagreed with your post entirely (and am on the opposite site of the ideological spectrum in most cases), but received no response.

The rest of the issues cited by the GR Admin, I have no personal knowledge of whatsoever.

All my best
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I just wish I had been given the chance to edit or amend the post that got replaced by the moderator's "That didn't take long." edit... As well as the chance to actually explain myself to Claire and offer the above apology "in person."
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

It is my opinion that you're being more gracious than fairness warrants, but if that's your way, that's fine.

I believe I was the next person banned after you, for criticizing the moderator's behavior and ethical standing. Personally, I regret none of it, except failing to extend the same criticism to Claire.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

BriarThrone wrote:It is my opinion that you're being more gracious than fairness warrants, but if that's your way, that's fine.
The Stoic philosophers teach that it isn't the event that matters, but instead, how one reacts to the event.

I reacted... poorly... to Claire's reply to my post. My rebuttal to her was written too hastily and a little to sarcastically. The moderator who saw it reacted even worse than I had. In a fit of pique, he named me and then several others, before engaging in a campaign of deliberate deletions of days old posts.

I see no use in continuing to feed into that cycle. It happened, it cannot unhappen. Why dwell?