The ongoing fall of Venezuela

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Batgirl III

Re: The ongoing fall of Venezuela

Post by Batgirl III » Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Authoritarian systems tend towards corruption to much greater degrees than open systems. Do I need to drag out the Lord Acton quote?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Ken

Post by Ken » Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Yes, and what a great time saver it is, when you don't have to wait for corrupt government officials to get into bed with corrupt heads of industry (or vice versa) because they're the same people.
After his success co-authoring a murder mystery w/James Patterson, Marvel is now talking to Bill Clinton about doing some comics writing: a revival of Steve Gerber's swamp monster hero. They expect Bill Clinton's 'Man-Thing' will be very popular.

Ken

Post by Ken » Tue May 22, 2018 12:31 am

Gilliam wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:13 pm
Fair enough, personally what I took from the article was corruption is corruption no matter what political system or beliefs you follow.
When the core notion of your economic and political system is "we want your stuff; therefore we're taking your stuff" how far does one have to go before corruption sets in?
After his success co-authoring a murder mystery w/James Patterson, Marvel is now talking to Bill Clinton about doing some comics writing: a revival of Steve Gerber's swamp monster hero. They expect Bill Clinton's 'Man-Thing' will be very popular.

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 am

Don’t forget the inbuilt “all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others” aspect of collectivist ideology too. Maria Gabriela Chávez has a reported net worth of $4.2 billion USD. Meanwhile, her fellow citizens in the glorious workers’ paradise her father built are eating vermin.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone » Tue May 22, 2018 7:16 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 am
Don’t forget the inbuilt “all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others” aspect of collectivist ideology too. Maria Gabriela Chávez has a reported net worth of $4.2 billion USD. Meanwhile, her fellow citizens in the glorious workers’ paradise her father built are eating vermin.
Well, someone's got to eat the vermin. They already ate the cats.