Question from a newb

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Cu Roi

Question from a newb

Post by Cu Roi »

Hello, I just registered a day or so ago to roninarmy before seeing the shutdown. I promptly jumped ship here, though I am somewhat curious as to what caused the notice. Gathering from what's been said on both forums there seems to have been more to it than what was stated by the owner.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Question from a newb

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ee... we're trying to avoid assigning too much blame, as many of us remain friendly in both camps, but this is a decent summation, although I think it goes a bit too far into demonizing Green Ronin. To me, the crux of it was that two people disagreed, things escalated because no one backed down and both sides had a bit of a hair trigger, then it all got muddied up with accusations of horrible actions on both sides and an erasure of history as to what happened. It was basically two people and those who sided with one side or the other.
Horsenhero

Re: Question from a newb

Post by Horsenhero »

It may interest you to know that RoninArmy may not be shutting down entirely. Now, several members on this board will undoubtedly return there and some will frequent both. I personally burned that bridge and don't regret it, for even though my opinion basically falls with those GR backed in this little dust up, the way it was handled leads me to believe they cannot be trusted to behave professionally in any similar instance. Everyone has to make the decision for themselves and maybe things will change behind the scenes. It's just up to each person to determine whether they believe that will happen.