Just a reminder...what exactly caused the split?

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Psistrike

Re: Just a reminder...what exactly caused the split?

Post by Psistrike »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:22 amIn retrospect, my constant PMing of people with "hey if you want to know what happened, just e-mail me" is probably what set the Mods against me :). They probably knew I was going off the grid and saying things they couldn't "overhear" via the PM system.
Wait, what? Do you mean that any mod or admin on the RA forums can see any members PM they send to another member without permission, spying on them? Please say that isn't so.
Jabroniville

Re: Just a reminder...what exactly caused the split?

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:22 amIn retrospect, my constant PMing of people with "hey if you want to know what happened, just e-mail me" is probably what set the Mods against me :). They probably knew I was going off the grid and saying things they couldn't "overhear" via the PM system.
Wait, what? Do you mean that any mod or admin on the RA forums can see any members PM they send to another member without permission, spying on them? Please say that isn't so.
I would imagine a Moderator would be able to see any kind of post. They might almost have to as part of their jobs- just in case members were flaming each other (or someone was spamming) via PM and they needed proof.

I'm not saying they DEFINITELY did, but it makes sense, since I was so readily PMing people, and wasn't being that open about it on the forums. Unless they just sort of gathered other evidence that I was talking to people (I know I publicly gave my e-mail and the like on the forums).