What kind of phones are good?

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Jabroniville

What kind of phones are good?

Post by Jabroniville »

My BlackBerry's been annoying me lately- the keyboard sucks ass, and is constantly delayed compared to my normal typing speed. Every time I select text, the screen jumps around repeatedly, and the "command" buttons to press randomly vanish. PLUS I think my iPod is dying, as the battery only lasts... I dunno, but it feels like less.

So I figured I'd just kill two birds with one stone and get a new phone/music player ENTIRELY. But I don't know what's good.

Anyone have any recommendations?

The stuff I care about:
1) Fast Keyboard- This is an absolute MUST. My position on this is intractable and adamantine. I type a lot, and at great speeds- if this thing can't keep up, then it will drive me goddamn batty.
2) The screen doesn't do randomly dumb things. Like, you can load up a page without having it jump all over the place.
3) Play music. At least as well as an iPod, if not better. I think all phones can do this now, right? I'll need at least 32 GB of memory for all of that, plus pictures.
4) A camera that doesn't suck. It doesn't have to be professional-grade (I mean, it's a PHONE), but mine puts white paper into greyscale for some reason.
5) Cost. A bit. I think my phone company will dock a certain amount of payment for re-signing with them, but I don't want to be spending like $800 or something stupid. An iPhone 6 will do if a 7 is too expensive.
proditor

Re: What kind of phones are good?

Post by proditor »

My recommendation is right out based on a few of your criteria, so I'll just say that if 4 becomes more important, and 5 much less so, go with the Google Pixel XL, that thing is a beast.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sadly everything I handle on a regular basis is either Samsung Galaxies 5 and 6.
I did start having some weird issues with the Galaxy 5s after a year or two in.

The only thing I can offer is a suggestion to stay away from Kyocera phones. We got a bunch for our drivers and none of them really worked right at all.

What I will say is that if you are using itunes for your music you'll probably have an easier time transferring the music across if you use an iphone.
It is possible to move them into other phones, but last time I tried it I had to do some singing and dancing to change the file types to something other phones can use.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I've been posting with my iPhone mostly for years now. The 7plus would be an easy transition given your experience with iPods.

Don't go cheap on the memory
Rhait

Post by Rhait »

proditor wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 pm My informative Gynectrol review is right out based on a few of your criteria, so I'll just say that if 4 becomes more important, and 5 much less so, go with the Google Pixel XL, that thing is a beast.
Google is taking over! I love my new Google Pixel after switching from the iphone.