Who are our noted missing?

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Jabroniville

Who are our noted missing?

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:57 am

I'll always be grateful to the lot of you for following us over to thisnew forum- forum splits can be an ugly business, so its rare to have as many followers as we currently have. Thank you.

That said, I've noticed a handful of longtime posters haven't made an appearance since even before the jump. Many of them have probably not even heard what happened.

I know Kyle is aware, but he told me over email that he's kinda done with M&M, and he always had a few issues with some other posters.

Saintmatthew could be hard to get along with (even though he frequently showered me with praise, I didn't care for passive aggressive tactics in debates), but he never responded to my PM about this place.

The big ones for me are:

Tevourious: his running group battle was fascinating, and I'd love to see how it turned out. This was a LONG time ago- he reposted some of it to the RA thread, but he disappeared at some point and never responded.

Phrozen: a regular commenter who's disappeared.

Skavenger: Another routine poster who I can't get a hold of.

Gazman: I dunno if you all remember him, but he regularly posted in my thread, and had a terrific build thread of his own.

Has anyone ever seen these guys? Skavenger & Phrozen were posting until slightly before The Incident.

MissRo

Re: Who are our noted missing?

Post by MissRo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:43 am

I'm in a game with Phrozen on the other board. He's still around. I was kinda bummed when TheClassDunce poofed. He was a cool guy.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:26 am

Kreuzritter thus far hasn't posted anything here, and was probably THE contributor to the various Builds threads on the old forum, along with Jab and a few others. As one of the people I've known on here the longest, his presence is missed.

Ken

Post by Ken » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:32 am

Lara Croft never made it here. Shocking that.
There is no place for realism in a genre about people who can lift battle tanks or fly in an aura of flame.
Consistency and verisimilitude are great, and should be encouraged, but not realism.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 am

I think it's best to leave the bitterness of that incident on the other board.

Besides "noted" implies that the missing poster was either noteworthy or missed, and I don't know if Lara qualifies as either.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:18 pm

MissRo wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:43 am
I'm in a game with Phrozen on the other board. He's still around. I was kinda bummed when TheClassDunce poofed. He was a cool guy.
Really? I PM'd him and don't think I got a response. I've missed seeing him in my thread.

ClassDunce was good, too. We disagreed on a lot of wrestling stuff, but he was a solid poster.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 pm

We of course lost Elric before the forum thing. He just started losing interest as best I remember. Jameson also disappeared, which is another real shame because he was doing point-by-point reviews of the 3E Power Profiles that I thought were rather insightful.

Davies appeared, and then disappeared again...

Davies

Post by Davies » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

I just find that I don't have much to say until the new Freedom City comes out so I can argue with what it got wrong.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:18 pm
MissRo wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:43 am
Really? I PM'd him and don't think I got a response. I've missed seeing him in my thread.

ClassDunce was good, too. We disagreed on a lot of wrestling stuff, but he was a solid poster.
Unfortunately I think CD's personal life had made being a regular poster a near impossible thing. Hopefully he's doing well.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:16 pm

i personally miss my buddy Hoid,as i Loved what he was doing with his Build&universe settings.It's rare that he post's anymore too...:(

MissRo

Post by MissRo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Tattooedman wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 am
Unfortunately I think CD's personal life had made being a regular poster a near impossible thing. Hopefully he's doing well.
Hear, hear.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Yeah, hope he's doing OK. I get all nostalgic looking back at old posts and seeing names I haven't thought of in years pop up. Hell, remember when Taliesin was THE GUY for posting builds?

L-Space

Post by L-Space » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:26 am

Tattooedman wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 am
That's too bad. My interactions with him were limited, but he always seemed like a really nice guy with funny, well put post.

TheIlethryKnight (sp?) and BARON are too that come to mind. Granted IK hadn't been on any of the forums for a while and BARON always kind of came and went at his leisure.

What ever did happen to Taliesin by the way? I know he had done some work for Green Ronin and also had a kid, but he's been absent for a while.
Formerly luketheduke86

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Others missing:
Hound
Evolucion
BlueCobalt

Maybe not huge names, but people I really miss.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm

I believe Evolucion posts here as Camus.