Atlas of Earth Prime

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Rex Monday

Atlas of Earth Prime

Post by Rex Monday »

Does anyone know if the "new" book Atlas of Earth Prime contains any actual new material or is it just a collection of the previously released Atlas material?
FuzzyBoots

Re: Atlas of Earth Prime

Post by FuzzyBoots »

From the other boards:
PhilH wrote:I bought all the individual entries, and thought they were of wildly variable quality and utility.

I'll still buy the compiled book just because I'm still up for supporting this game, and it will be far tidier to have just one file on my iPad.

Edit: So, bought it and a couple of comments for anyone on the fence about buying the compiled version.

It looks cleaner, the layout is essentially similar to the individual files with more attractive (to my eyes anyway) colours and adjusted headers.

In terms of added value, a couple of the characters who were shorthanded before have been upgraded to full stat blocks. There's also a brand new villainous Utopian character included as a rival to Sarlyn. There may also be other adjustments to text, but I'd need to give it a further read to know for sure.

There's some art added in, and some has been changed. Lady Mamba in particular has found a skilled plastic surgeon and a new love of botox.

The appendix is basically the UNISON chapter from Agents of Freedom, with stats updated to 3E (basically the same way that the Lost World Atlas section is basically lifted and updated from Worlds of Freedom). I don't have a massive problem with that, there's a lot of 2E content that's perfectly usable with the crunch updated, but it may be a factor for some people who already have the individual Atlas entries and Agents of Freedom.

Overall, the PDF is good value for a big book coming in at around 10c per page, which is perfectly reasonable. Its still a pick n' mix of quality on the individual chapters and could have done with a more coherent vision but there's a ton of gameable content, plot hooks, and characters in here. I'd solidly recommend it to people who didn't pick up the separate chapters (or picked up just a few), while I'd say its less essential for people who bought the separate files religiously like myself.
Rex Monday

Re: Atlas of Earth Prime

Post by Rex Monday »

Thanks, that helps a lot.