Nice thing about this forum

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Psistrike

Nice thing about this forum

Post by Psistrike »

I've been on phpBB based forums in the past but forget they had this feature on all of them.
Post review

At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.
Nice to see if any posts have been made while you were making yours and what they are.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Nice thing about this forum

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Indeed, I've always appreciated the phpBB forums for that reason.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Ken

Post by Ken »

That is a nice feature.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Psistrike wrote:I've been on phpBB based forums in the past but forget they had this feature on all of them.
Post review

At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.
Nice to see if any posts have been made while you were making yours and what they are.
As someone who frequents the boards at work and can't always finish my post in a timely manner, this is a very useful feature.
Formerly luketheduke86
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Another nice thing is when you click mark forums read, it just gives you a pop-up stating it was done instead of reloading the whole site just to do so.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I dig that you can add more than four pictures at once. HOW ELSE DO I STAT ELSA, GREEN RONIN!?!?

Plus a "smiley" doesn't prevent you from posting four pics.

Also, you can have FIFTEEN posts per page, instead of ten. You know how many times I hesitated to post a "major" build, because it'd end up at the bottom of a page? Because I KNEW that there would be some guy who'd make a comment, and then that build would be buried. Happened constantly on the "10 posts" forums. And I wasn't gonna upgrade to "20 posts" You know how LONG that would make something, the way I go on?

Plus... No weird "*" things pop up when I post from e-mail. I still have no idea how that happened.

You can Edit things and it won't immediately create this HUGE space between your post and "Edited By"- it just shows up on the bottom of the post! As a very anal-retentive person, I HATED IT when my builds would suddenly have this ugly space underneath them because I had to edit something in.

Oh yeah, and the Front Page Bug is not a thing here. I can post my Iron Man build as a whole!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I'm thinking Jab likes the new digs ;)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I never really quite thought about it, having been away from the old ATT forum for so long... but the last forum sucked balls. I mean, mechanically. I did kind of like updated threads being in bold text, but that's a minor thing.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Psistrike wrote:I've been on phpBB based forums in the past but forget they had this feature on all of them.
Post review

If the Green Ronin forums had this feature, we all could have avoided The Incident.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

New posts will show up in the most recent posts that are at the bottom of the screen if you Preview your post before submitting. Not quite as nice but the feature is there if a little hidden