Cool stuff to do in London, England?

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Death Tribble

Re: Cool stuff to do in London, England?

Post by Death Tribble »

BriarThrone wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:33 am
Death Tribble wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 pm I'm sorry you can't say that. The English and the French have each other as Favoured Enemies. We both called dibs.
Hating the French is a universal right, denied to everyone but the English.
Fixed your mistake. The English have fought everyone. So we have dibs. You have Russia or China.
signalgk

Post by signalgk »

No there are 22 countries we've not fought with including Vatican City (though Henry the VIII did end up fighting the Catholic Church so not sure if that counts or not)... see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653 ... bourg.html for the full list.

I'd add one of the Jack the Ripper Walks through the East End as worth doing one evening....
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

It's been almost 20 years since I last visited London. The Imperial War Museum was great as was Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, and several things we visited as day trips like Bath, Windsor Castle, Leeds Castle, Dover Castle, and Duxford.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Death Tribble wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:09 pmRegent's Park. The Zoo is only in part of it.
I lived in Regent's Park when I was there.

Well, I lived on campus at Regent's College, which is in Regent's Park.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Death Tribble

Post by Death Tribble »

signalgk wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:07 pm No there are 22 countries we've not fought with including Vatican City (though Henry the VIII did end up fighting the Catholic Church so not sure if that counts or not)... see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653 ... bourg.html for the full list.
Whose side are you on ?
Don't make me go all John Prescott on your posterior.

Besides some of those countries used to be part of others (France or Spain for example) so we have fought them.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Listening to CGP Grey today and wondering.. can normal people actually visit the true City of London? The London within London?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.