Roninarmy

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
catsi563

Re: Roninarmy

Post by catsi563 »

yeah the page is crapping out after a few seconds even trying to go beyond the front page
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, typical issues when such large changes are made to sites like that. I did mange to get logged in though, so bonus there I guess....
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Logged in, got to my old thread, tried to go to the last page and the site self destructed again and now I can't access it anymore.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, apparently there are some issues with the forum update. Supposedly it is being worked on, but how long it will take is anyone's guess.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That board was always a POS from day one in my opinion. I never liked the switch from the ATT board format.

All I can say is thank you, Ares. :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:56 am That board was always a POS from day one in my opinion. I never liked the switch from the ATT board format.

Haha, Jesus yes. So dumb. Four picture limits (including smilies!), Front Page Bugs, the Edit function being in the wrong spot and taking too long, etc. Such a mess.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:56 am That board was always a POS from day one in my opinion. I never liked the switch from the ATT board format.

Heh, my pleasure. I still need to look into make some improvements to this place, but as works in progress go, this place isn't bad.

Maybe folks that haven't decided to join us here will think about it. I've never demanded anyone post exclusively here, so if they want to just keep their builds someplace safe, this isn't a bad place for it.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was getting used to ronin army forums and got why they made the changes. The bugs were even getting easy to work around. Now it seems they threw out all they had going for them to start over with something that isn't working. Money was probably a constraint, but using users as pre alpha testers jus doesn't work and turns off users.

This place, despite some of the limitations is functional for its purpose and from what I have seem stable plus easy to use.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Ares wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:53 am

Heh, my pleasure. I still need to look into make some improvements to this place, but as works in progress go, this place isn't bad.

Maybe folks that haven't decided to join us here will think about it. I've never demanded anyone post exclusively here, so if they want to just keep their builds someplace safe, this isn't a bad place for it.
That was basically my style until ATT made it impossible for me to continue posting in my own build thread. Honestly I think the bigger obstacle to getting more users is the fact that so few people talk about or direct others to Echos when off the site. I didn't know it existed until I was looking through Jab's old thread and someone asked where he went an a user posted a link to here.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Frankly, I'm a bit conflicted on advertising for here simply because it feels like bad manners to say "Oh, by the way, if you don't like things here, there's this other place." So, I just cite it where relevant.
Shock

Post by Shock »

It's not just the forum that won't come up for me. The main Green Ronin site won't load either. The only thing that works is the store.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

There seems to be almost no activity over there since the upgrade. I'm wondering how many people are still seeing error messages (since it broke links and bookmarks) and think the site is still down.

I post on both sites, and I hope they can fix things, but this "upgrade" really seems to have caused a lot of damage.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

It looks like they're still having problems - I can get the forum to load and can go into a topic, but trying to go past the first page? I end up with an error message asking me to double check the web address.

While I don't post there anymore, I do wish them the best of luck. Hopefully they can get the new forum working soon.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Why is it that every upgrade brings a cascade of problems? It happens every time at work as well.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Contrary to management belief, software is in fact hard at times. You can't just slap it together and expect a robust product