Hello again from JoshuaDunlow

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
greycrusader

Re: Hello again from JoshuaDunlow

Post by greycrusader »

MisterB wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 pm Hey friends. Its been awhile, real life has been extremely hectic. I got evicted from my home, been battling my depression and stress. Plus I got a operation coming up in 11 days. I suffer in daily pain from a broken disc and my peripheral Neuropathy. So that's why I am rarely around, it puts a big damper on my energy, and drive. I thought I'd poke my head back in around here and see whats up. But I hope to do something in the near future here on the Boards.

Till then, see you.
Oh geez, man-I remember you for quite a ways back on the boards. I'm so sorry you've been having a really bad run. Don't hesitate to ask for help. I mean, I'm sure everybody could kick in a few dollars through a GoFundMe or something similar.

All my best-really!
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Thanks. In my room at the hospital recovering now
Shock

Post by Shock »

MisterB wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:18 pm Thanks. In my room at the hospital recovering now
Good news. Here's hoping good as new is right around the corner
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

We'll I'm at home recover, home sweet home.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why I came over to this board. I suppose to reconnect with an earlier time of myself when I felt like I was apart of a group. When I disappeared, I think is when my depression really started to affect me both physically and emotionally. I lost energy and drive, I couldn't keep my motivation for long. Interest waned.

Building and converting characters was fun and it gave me purpose, even if I never actually played a table top game in ages. Probably close in 20 years or so now. When I found this place I thought I could try and pick things up again, but my lack of energy and drive was still very much a problem even though I was finally diagnosed and on medication.

NIt only helped so much. I try very hard to stay into things that I was at one time very passionate about. I find something new, and my interest renews for a time. But eventually I still loose that interest and drive. So I'm not sure why I am still trying to do stuff here, I have ideas and world's locked in my head but I don't have the energy and motivation to stay with anything for long. Or how to even express or put it down into words.

So I'm afarid all I'll ever get accomplish s to waste space on this forum without offering anything with much substance to it. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this all with you folks now, I suppose to just explain my hap-hazard and eclectic nature. I get all these different rpg games I suppose to try and hold onto something. I definitely have never actually even played a game in over two decades.

I'm here, might be quiet and in the background but here. Because those of you that I know and remember are the reason why I'm really here. I just don't know how I can really contribute on the board.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I can't say I understand your pain, but I definitely feel that your contribution - active or otherwise - will always be a part of these forums and my personal MnM experience. Back in 2nd ED, I really had fun with your God Rules/ Templates and your builds were initially among my go-to for inspiration.

One thing is for certain though, you should never "play" or participate out of a sense of obligation. It needs to be fun and entertaining.

Work and chores are for obligation. Gaming is for letting loose when you need to. At least, IMNSHO.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Well, as the guy that technically owns this little sandbox, let me say this:

You are not wasting space here. I made this place so that everyone from the old forums who wanted a place away from any drama and bad feelings could have that place here. Everyone is welcome here, so long as everyone is treated with respect. Besides, as the person who's created more dead threads than anyone here, if anyone's wasting space here, it's me. :D

So yeah, if you're having a hard time mustering the energy to really post anything, don't sweat it. If coming here and reading up on others stuff and making the occasional post makes you happy, do so for as long as it does so. Maybe you'll eventually get that creative drive back and start lighting up the boards. And if this place ever feels like some weird obligation, I'd rather you focus on taking care of yourself.

Bottom line, there's a place for you here if you want it, and it can be as active or passive as you feel like.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I can understand the feeling.
Lately I'm exhausted and listless, the things that used to be fun and exciting leave me fatigued.
I used to build characters for fun, but these days I have a hard time putting a pen to the paper at all.

But the boards here don't have a requirement for forcing out materials.
It's just a place where like minded people can come, converse, have fun and enjoy the company of others.
So stick around, we always enjoy good company.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MisterB wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:12 am I'll be honest, I'm not sure why I came over to this board. I suppose to reconnect with an earlier time of myself when I felt like I was apart of a group. When I disappeared, I think is when my depression really started to affect me both physically and emotionally. I lost energy and drive, I couldn't keep my motivation for long. Interest waned.

Building and converting characters was fun and it gave me purpose, even if I never actually played a table top game in ages. Probably close in 20 years or so now. When I found this place I thought I could try and pick things up again, but my lack of energy and drive was still very much a problem even though I was finally diagnosed and on medication.
Damn, sorry to hear about this. I'm glad that being part of the group again was helpful. I still reminisce about the old days of the old builders. SO many of them have vanished (we never saw Taliesin again after his break).

I'm glad you're still around, even in the background. Though if you wanna start getting chatty in any of our threads and give your take on certain things, I'm sure we'd appreciate it :).
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Thanks guys, it's very much appreciated. It's a fine line of frustration I think. Sadly I'm not even into MnM like I used to be. It was the one system I knew inside and out. My passion these days is Elder scrolls Skyrim. I have been modding for about 4-5 years, and have one or two semi popular mods on the Nexus, where I am known as Misteb1969. And I have always enjoyed doing fantasy, either my world's or Lord of the rings. I want to go back and read the Hobbit, just need to find a free PDF somewheres. Then maybe I can come back to doing some new lotr builds. I heard here was a new lotr table top , but being poor and broke makes buying books any more not likely.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

An ebb and flow is pretty natural, so don't sweat it too much.

Also, overall, enthusiasm has dimmed a bit. Some of it, I think, is the result of declining interaction from Green Ronin staff (the books are fewer and further in between, and staff in general just don't chip in as often) and some from the ill will that happened from The Incident that led to these boards. I suspect that if Green Ronin releases something big and new, things will pick up again.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:12 am I'll be honest, I'm not sure why I came over to this board. I suppose to reconnect with an earlier time of myself when I felt like I was apart of a group. When I disappeared, I think is when my depression really started to affect me both physically and emotionally. I lost energy and drive, I couldn't keep my motivation for long. Interest waned.

NIt only helped so much. I try very hard to stay into things that I was at one time very passionate about. I find something new, and my interest renews for a time. But eventually I still loose that interest and drive. So I'm not sure why I am still trying to do stuff here, I have ideas and world's locked in my head but I don't have the energy and motivation to stay with anything for long. Or how to even express or put it down into words.

So I'm afarid all I'll ever get accomplish s to waste space on this forum without offering anything with much substance to it. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this all with you folks now, I suppose to just explain my hap-hazard and eclectic nature. I get all these different rpg games I suppose to try and hold onto something. I definitely have never actually even played a game in over two decades.

I'm here, might be quiet and in the background but here. Because those of you that I know and remember are the reason why I'm really here. I just don't know how I can really contribute on the board.
As someone who has struggled with the same feelings over the last decade, I wish I could give you some good pointers, but the truth is that each and every one of us cope with these problems in a different way. The one truth I managed to uncover is that you should do this things at the pace of your choice and without trying to doeverything at once. The good thing about a community is that, often, it is much bigger than the sum of its parts, so each and every one of us can contribute based on his/hers possibilities.
MisterB wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 pm Thanks guys, it's very much appreciated. It's a fine line of frustration I think. Sadly I'm not even into MnM like I used to be. It was the one system I knew inside and out. My passion these days is Elder scrolls Skyrim. I have been modding for about 4-5 years, and have one or two semi popular mods on the Nexus, where I am known as Misteb1969. And I have always enjoyed doing fantasy, either my world's or Lord of the rings. I want to go back and read the Hobbit, just need to find a free PDF somewheres. Then maybe I can come back to doing some new lotr builds. I heard here was a new lotr table top , but being poor and broke makes buying books any more not likely.
A couple of mods? You're way too modest.

Also, I can vouch for the quality of the current LotR RPG, The One Ring. The authors, Francesco Nepitello and Marco Maggi, are two excellent designers and two crazy-ass fans of Professor Tolkien.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Thanks Woodclaw, I accepted your friend request on the Nexus.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Well as if things couldn't get any worse, after speaking with the person who was storing my computer. He fell behind on payments and the contents of the storage were auctioned off. I'm seriously upset. And don't know what I will do now. I wish he had told me I would have tried to help keep it going. So now I'm without back PC. And all I wanted to do was to get back to modding Skyrim, it was one of the few things that helped with my depression.

I'm just totally devestated...he said he would pay me back but he's in debt like I. Pretty sure they don't make my PC anymore.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MisterB wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:07 am Well as if things couldn't get any worse, after speaking with the person who was storing my computer. He fell behind on payments and the contents of the storage were auctioned off. I'm seriously upset. And don't know what I will do now. I wish he had told me I would have tried to help keep it going. So now I'm without back PC. And all I wanted to do was to get back to modding Skyrim, it was one of the few things that helped with my depression.

I'm just totally devestated...he said he would pay me back but he's in debt like I. Pretty sure they don't make my PC anymore.
oh geez, that's horrible. Did you lose any data or anything?

I oddly know multiple people this situation has happened to- losing their stuff because a third party couldn't keep their payments up.