Weird posting issue

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
Shock

Weird posting issue

Post by Shock »

So I spent a few hours trying to get a post up and the forum kept throwing me a broken 403 page. After a lot of investigating, I've narrowed it down to the forum for some reason not liking the word "location" followed by a ":". I get different results depending on whether I'm using IE, Firefox or Chrome but the end effect is I can't make a post with that specific sequence in it.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Weird posting issue

Post by Ares »

Huh. I'll look into it.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That's bizarre. Reminds me of the numerous issues with the Front Page Bug on RA, except there it wouldn't allow me to name the sequel to Baldur's Gate.

I wonder if I can make the post? location: (yup, apparently)
Shock

Post by Shock »

EDIT: well something's different
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Happening to me, too.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Hoid wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 pm Happening to me, too.
Same string or something different?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Shock wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Hoid wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 pm Happening to me, too.
Same string or something different?
In the Characters subforum. I was tidying up my Forever Tree thread, and....I got this 'error' page. I took a break. Now, I'll check it again...

Be right back.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Nope. Still 'error 403'.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I think it's some character string that the forum interprets as some kind of spam or attack. When I had the problem it was "location:" I don't know what you're trying to post but I'd be it's something followed by ":". Try changing : to - and see what happens
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Shock wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm I think it's some character string that the forum interprets as some kind of spam or attack. When I had the problem it was "location:" I don't know what you're trying to post but I'd be it's something followed by ":". Try changing : to - and see what happens
Ok. However---I'm trying to alter the color of some of my pre-existing text. (I was prettying everything up.)
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ok, odd update:
I seem unable to change color-fonts in one particular post. Everything else seems fine.

..,yeah, I'm confused, too.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

This is very weird. Generally I find a lot of issues are "cookie" related, so maybe try clearing them out and giving it another go. If not, it might be some permissions issues that I need to dive deeper into.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.