Getting logged out

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
Spectrum

Getting logged out

Post by Spectrum »

Anybody else having a problem with getting logged out of the system on a regular basis?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Shock

Re: Getting logged out

Post by Shock »

How do you mean logged out? Have you checked the remember me/keep me logged in option when you log in? I've never had to log in after the first time. Another thing to check is if your browser is clearing cookies when you close it.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It seems to happen to me whenever I clear out my History or have to reset my router; my assumption is that it has something to do with Cookies.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

remember me doesn't seem to matter.

I may also need to look into whether being logged in from two different machines matters.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Using more than one machine hasn't been an issue for me. Does it only happen after using one computer and the other is fine?

If one of them is a work system, it may have security settings that conflict with the cookie that identifies you to the site.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I noticed the same thing.

What I think happens is that if your link/ favourite or whatever that you click on to access the site is one that you not logged in on, then it treats as you as if you were not logged on. Versus when I start to type echoes in the address bar and I can click or select the url with "egosearch" I have no issues...

So... in short, what Batgirl said... cookies.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

double post.
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

On my laptop and tablet I am usually logged out even though I click 'Remember Me'. It doesn't seem to happen on my phone. I find it a minor inconvenience as it is easy enough to just click on log in.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I was locked out from around 12/24/16 until 01/05/17. The system acted like it didn't recognize me and wanted me to re-register.

Good thing I was still on via my tablet which enabled me to send out help messages, although I am not sure that those were ever received.

Luckily, I was able to respond to a PM from Jab who was a good Samaritan and alerted Ares of my predicament!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I get logged out every few minutes on my phone- if I take too long to formulate a post, it will actually log me out AGAIN and force me to re-login just to make the post!
Goldar wrote:Luckily, I was able to respond to a PM from Jab who was a good Samaritan and alerted Ares of my predicament!
Glad I could help! Apparently Ares never got the other messages.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Well thanks again, Jab, I really appreciate it!

It almost seems that if you are locked out the way I was, not just logged out, but locked out, where it the system doesn't recognize you, you can't contact the administrators! And they and no one else knows you are having a problem. People just assume that you are not around when you can't get on the board.

I was like, "Hey, what's going on?!?" I am having to much enjoyment on here and I missed all of you for the time I was not able to get on!

I know 2017 will be a good year for our new home here on Echoes!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Going back to this, I think that there is some kind of overly complicated rules about not being logged in from two places at the same time, such as home and work computers.