Technical Problem?

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
XeroKhan

Technical Problem?

Post by XeroKhan »

First off, since I couldn't find a place to properly post the issue I found out about, I figured I'd start this thread for any other issues that others may come across.

Anyway, the problem I encountered is this: I am unable to use any of the given text "flavor" buttons above the main text box. If you don't know what I mean, it's the buttons that include Bold Text, Quotes, Img, etc.

Now, I was able to type in the "[x][/x]" command to allow Bold and Underlined text in my recently created Multiverse setting post (from time of post), but I figured I would mention something in case it was an accidental bug or glitch.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Technical Problem?

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've noticed this issue as well, none of the coding buttons seem to actually do anything.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shock

Post by Shock »

They work for me.

Check your profile settings and make sure there's nothing turned off maybe?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I can click on them to bold, italic, underline, etc, but I have no keyboard shortcuts.
XeroKhan

Post by XeroKhan »

Shock wrote:They work for me.

Check your profile settings and make sure there's nothing turned off maybe?
It's odd, because I haven't found anything that says that it's disabled.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'll look into it. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, this is most definitely the place to post questions about the forums, be it technical or personal, or just to let us know how we're doing and if there's things that could be done to improve the place.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ares wrote:Also, this is most definitely the place to post questions about the forums, be it technical or personal, or just to let us know how we're doing and if there's things that could be done to improve the place.
Flowers maybe?

Seriously though, most of us have been through this before so as long as we all remain calm and patient I'm sure we'll get everything up to speed.
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

I've tested on Safari 10.0.1 and Chrome 54.0.2840.71 on OS X 10.11 and macOS 10.12, and they work for me. XeroKhan, Doctor Malsyn, what browsers and operating systems are you using? My quick glance at the code suggests JavaScript is required; do you perchance have it turned off?
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jack of Spades wrote:I've tested on Safari 10.0.1 and Chrome 54.0.2840.71 on OS X 10.11 and macOS 10.12, and they work for me. XeroKhan, Doctor Malsyn, what browsers and operating systems are you using? My quick glance at the code suggests JavaScript is required; do you perchance have it turned off?
Ahh, that might be it. I've been browsing from my phone, and it dosnt have a javascript plugin installed.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
XeroKhan

Post by XeroKhan »

Jack of Spades wrote:I've tested on Safari 10.0.1 and Chrome 54.0.2840.71 on OS X 10.11 and macOS 10.12, and they work for me. XeroKhan, Doctor Malsyn, what browsers and operating systems are you using? My quick glance at the code suggests JavaScript is required; do you perchance have it turned off?
Thanks for your help, Jack. I had recently updated my browser, and I haven't tested them out until just a couple minutes before this post.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

In Jab's build thread, I can't get the first page to load. The rest seem more or less okay. It might just be the volume of stuff on the page, because it won't load on the M&M side as well. Strange. Or it could be my stinking computer. Bletch.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

FuzzyBoots wrote:I can click on them to bold, italic, underline, etc, but I have no keyboard shortcuts.
Side note, the keyboard shortcuts are keyed to "ALT", not "CTRL". For example, Alt-I does italics. Alt-L does lists.