Spammers ahoy

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
kirinke

Re: Spammers ahoy

Post by kirinke »

I wonder if these freaking jerks will realize we have an active mod who gets his jollies from banning spammers? Not to mention active posters who also get their jollies from reporting them so they get banned? :twisted: :lol:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

And the same day I brag about the new anti- countermeasures, another spambot shows up. To quote Egon "Sometimes I think the universe just waits for me to get cocky".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Spammers are like raccoons, no matter what you do, the little sheets will always figure out a way to get into things they aren't supposed to get into. We do appreciate the effort though and fully realize how difficult it is.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Now, BertSwift.
Davies

Post by Davies »

DylanPolly in Character Sheets.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

AndreaJoshua is active.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:39 am AndreaJoshua is active.
No longer.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Um... spammer in the spam reporting thread?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Good grief. I go to bed with everything fine and wake up with this place infested with folks that have a .ru email. Sorry about that folks, all of the spam should be gone from the site now.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

We're still under attack, SanuyemFen is currently posting.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Taken care of.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

And now Michaelsem.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Sorry about the flood of Spammers folks. I don't know if it's just that time of year when the Russian spammers flock to the USA, but I'm working on it.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wasn't there something in the system that prevented .ru e-mails from joining in? I thought you mentioned something about Russians being unable to access the site.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There isn't any plug-ins currently on the site that stop specific e-mail types. It's more that I spend a lot of time going through users and if I see a .ru email, I ban the e-mail, ban the IP, then delete the account. Immediately. The vast majority of spammers have had that email and as much as I love this place, I can't imagine we've got anyone from Moscow legit wanting to join.