Spammers ahoy

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
kirinke

Spammers ahoy

Post by kirinke »

Site's already getting spammed. We need to set up a kill list or something. This is my first contribution.
Antwanced.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Miracle

Re: Spammers ahoy

Post by Miracle »

Davidnip
EugeneBig
Patrickles
Briansnins
TrumanFaura
LanceNet
BiJeono
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I had hoped the safety measures already in place would help keep spammers at a minimum, but there have been enough that made it in that I'll have to consider upping the security. Anyone that is caught spamming does have their profile banned and posts deleted. Until I can get a better defense in place, just keep notifying me of said spammers and I will make them go away.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

No problem. We can just make this the official spam be gone thread if you want, that way it won't litter the ask the staff forum.

Battle Init
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

JerryHAB is actively posting right now...
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

FuzzyBoots wrote:JerryHAB is actively posting right now...
And he just posted another spam thread. This is getting ridiculous, need to delete all his post and ban him, possibly IP ban as seems the kind to just come back under a different name and do it all over again.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I sent a PM to Ares, but it is the holidays...
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Sorry that took so long folks. Been laid up with a little Holiday Illness, but hopefully that should take care of the issue for now. I went with a vanilla ban for now, but if this persists I'm going to start banning IPs.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Ares wrote:Sorry that took so long folks. Been laid up with a little Holiday Illness, but hopefully that should take care of the issue for now. I went with a vanilla ban for now, but if this persists I'm going to start banning IPs.
Thank you. I tried being nice about it, sent him a PM and asked him to stop spamming our community. He just came back and starting doing it worse, shows what you get for trying to be polite to a spammer. :?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote:
Ares wrote:Sorry that took so long folks. Been laid up with a little Holiday Illness, but hopefully that should take care of the issue for now. I went with a vanilla ban for now, but if this persists I'm going to start banning IPs.
Thank you. I tried being nice about it, sent him a PM and asked him to stop spamming our community. He just came back and starting doing it worse, shows what you get for trying to be polite to a spammer. :?
I assumed it was a "bot". Would it actually just be some guy?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'd of assumed ir was just a bot too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Never be nice to a spammer. They're like mosquitoes. Y'gotta spray em with Raid. The swat them and sow the gooey remains with salt and holy water. Then bury it in concrete under a large body of water. Just to be sure.

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

This is a particularly bad run of spam. I'm thinking it might be time to look for a moderator or two who can step in durring the time your offline Ares, to help with these infestations.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Agreed. A couple extra mods would be good. It's been on my mind this past month.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Nuuxaz has 21 posts so far. Check them out. They even answered them self in some!