BB Code Questions

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
squirrelly-sama

BB Code Questions

Post by squirrelly-sama »

I was wondering if there was a reason for the lack of certain options for BB code such as [s]strike-through[/s]. [spoiler]spoilers[/spoiler], [sub]subtext[/sub] and embedding. I can maybe see why Embeds could be locked due to bandwidth problems or such but the others not so much.
Ken

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by Ken »

Probably because Ares didn't activate them. There may be an extra cost.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I've got all of the features included in the basic phpBB package activated. Any additional features for the site, including things like tables, direct video linking, extra BBCodes and the like would have to be installed manually by myself. I'd be willing to look into doing so if you guys think it's worth pursuing. I tend to put my efforts here more on how to maintain the community than improving the technical aspects of the board, which I'll admit might be a failing of mine as site owner. I'll put the work in if the interest is there.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
squirrelly-sama

Ares wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 am I've got all of the features included in the basic phpBB package activated. Any additional features for the site, including things like tables, direct video linking, extra BBCodes and the like would have to be installed manually by myself. I'd be willing to look into doing so if you guys think it's worth pursuing. I tend to put my efforts here more on how to maintain the community than improving the technical aspects of the board, which I'll admit might be a failing of mine as site owner. I'll put the work in if the interest is there.
The ones I listed in the OP are really the only ones I would see used often, especially the Embedded videos. If nothing else embeds would be something I'd really appreciate being added.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

What we really need is a way to do tables. With instructions.
God, I'm such a nerd. :lol:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Just quick question: is there a way to resize images via the [image] tag?
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
squirrelly-sama

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:50 pm Just quick question: is there a way to resize images via the [image] tag?
Some settings for BBcode allow that, on default simplified settings it is not.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Tables are necessary.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

where do I find the basic bbcode guide and how do I do links that only show the text I want not the entire link?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Poodle wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:52 am where do I find the basic bbcode guide and how do I do links that only show the text I want not the entire link?
[url=web address]text you want to appear[url]

Just with the / in the second [url].
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Just to note, the numbered list button currently doesn't work properly, creating "[list=]" instead of "[list=1]".