Procedure for if you get locked out of your account

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
Ares
Site Admin

Procedure for if you get locked out of your account

Post by Ares »

Hey folks,

Over the last year I've noticed a few posters here have been locked out of their accounts for whatever reason. It doesn't happen often, near as I can tell, it only looks like it's happened a handful of times, but it has hit several posters. Most recently, Tattooedman got hit with it and has restarted his entire thread.

That I haven't addressed this until now is a major failing on my part, and I'd like to apologize to everyone this has inconvenienced.

If this happens to you, here's what you should do:

1 - Created a secondary account with the same email as your previous one, with a number 1 tacked onto your name.
2 - Use the option to send me both an e-mail and PM to update me about the situation. I will do everything I can to fix the issue.
3 - If this happens to you a second time, repeat steps 1 and 2, but update the numeric to 2. If this happens to you more than once, something is definitely wrong and requires looking into.

Again, I'm sorry for anyone that has had to deal with this mess, and if it happens again, I'll do my best to resolve it, as well as look into the cause to see if it's anything more than just some weird bug in the phpBB system.

Thanks for your time and patience.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.