BB Code Questions

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
Post Reply
User avatar
squirrelly-sama
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 am

BB Code Questions

Post by squirrelly-sama » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:25 pm

I was wondering if there was a reason for the lack of certain options for BB code such as [s]strike-through[/s]. [spoiler]spoilers[/spoiler], [sub]subtext[/sub] and embedding. I can maybe see why Embeds could be locked due to bandwidth problems or such but the others not so much.

Ken
Posts: 2274
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by Ken » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:05 am

Probably because Ares didn't activate them. There may be an extra cost.
...

User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by Ares » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 am

I've got all of the features included in the basic phpBB package activated. Any additional features for the site, including things like tables, direct video linking, extra BBCodes and the like would have to be installed manually by myself. I'd be willing to look into doing so if you guys think it's worth pursuing. I tend to put my efforts here more on how to maintain the community than improving the technical aspects of the board, which I'll admit might be a failing of mine as site owner. I'll put the work in if the interest is there.

User avatar
squirrelly-sama
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 am

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by squirrelly-sama » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 am

Ares wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 am
I've got all of the features included in the basic phpBB package activated. Any additional features for the site, including things like tables, direct video linking, extra BBCodes and the like would have to be installed manually by myself. I'd be willing to look into doing so if you guys think it's worth pursuing. I tend to put my efforts here more on how to maintain the community than improving the technical aspects of the board, which I'll admit might be a failing of mine as site owner. I'll put the work in if the interest is there.
The ones I listed in the OP are really the only ones I would see used often, especially the Embedded videos. If nothing else embeds would be something I'd really appreciate being added.

kirinke
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by kirinke » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:33 pm

What we really need is a way to do tables. With instructions.
God, I'm such a nerd. :lol:

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by Woodclaw » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Just quick question: is there a way to resize images via the [image] tag?
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

User avatar
squirrelly-sama
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 am

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by squirrelly-sama » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:50 pm
Just quick question: is there a way to resize images via the [image] tag?
Some settings for BBcode allow that, on default simplified settings it is not.

jmucchiello
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by jmucchiello » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Tables are necessary.

User avatar
Poodle
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:52 am

where do I find the basic bbcode guide and how do I do links that only show the text I want not the entire link?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Arsenal
Flicker
Manchester Merriweather

User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: BB Code Questions

Post by Ares » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:02 am

Poodle wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:52 am
where do I find the basic bbcode guide and how do I do links that only show the text I want not the entire link?
[url=web address]text you want to appear[url]

Just with the / in the second [url].

Post Reply